Mama Mia on Allure

We are on Allure in med in September. We've booked all the shows online except Mama Mia which is not shown. Has anyone been able to book a time for Mama Mia? Or do we have to wait until we are on the ship?

We´re on Sept 20th also and I haven´t got Mamma Mia on my cruise planner but friends who are on the week before booked their seats a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps it isn´t going to be on that week, I suppose the performers need to have a holiday too at some point. It is just my luck, I have just got back from a trip on Brilliance and we couldn´t have the Centrum aerial show because the riggers were on holiday.

We´re on Sept 20th also and I haven´t got Mamma Mia on my cruise planner but friends who are on the week before booked their seats a couple of weeks ago. Perhaps it isn´t going to be on that week, I suppose the performers need to have a holiday too at some point. It is just my luck, I have just got back from a trip on Brilliance and we couldn´t have the Centrum aerial show because the riggers were on holiday.

Performers and technicians take vacations, but others come on to take their place. It's unlikely that Mamma Mia would simply not run, and if that happened it is extremely unlikely they would know far enough in advance to modify the online schedule. Most likely you would only find out about that on the ship, and the reason would be technical malfunction, weather, or a critical cast member unable to perform due to sickness or injury.

Riggers on holiday? Is that really the excuse they gave you? The real reason is that Royal Caribbean is short-staffed on technicians of all types across the entire fleet, and has been for over 2 years now. Smaller ships are affected more by this because they typically have only one of each type of technician (light, sound, rigger). On a larger ship, this has a lesser effect because a technician from another venue can come in temporarily to run the show. To my knowledge there are actually multiple ships with Centrum shows not running due to the shortage.

We are sailing Allure out of Barcelona in October (11 OCT sailing). We have booked Mama Mia already - opened for booking a week or two ago. If I remember correctly, the show runs Sun, Mon, and Tues.

Did any of you try calling RCCL? Perhaps its some technical glitch where it's not in the system that week by accident? Like any theatre, you would think they would have understudies and such for breaks and vacation days (plus I think they only perform 3 times per cruise?)

I said I would speak with my TA and after going back once to confirm this is what she said.

"I have called Royal Caribbean this morning and they have informed me that Mama Mia is being removed. The person I spoke seemed to indicate it was on all sailings."

I find this very hard to believe since its only just gone started on Allure, but I will wait and see if its there on the ship when we depart on 20th Sept.

I said I would speak with my TA and after going back once to confirm this is what she said.

"I have called Royal Caribbean this morning and they have informed me that Mama Mia is being removed. The person I spoke seemed to indicate it was on all sailings."

I find this very hard to believe since its only just gone started on Allure, but I will wait and see if its there on the ship when we depart on 20th Sept.

Umm....what????? This better be incorrect information :eek:

It is still available on my sailing. Why would it be removed? It is still available on the Sept 13 sailing but only two days. The day I booked is no longer available as I assume it is fully booked. My reservation is still in the system. Perhaps someone going in the next few weeks could ask while onboard.

This seems very cryptic of RC. What can't they just say whats going on? Its been showing available for the other cruises prior to and after the Sept 20th week which is weird. Why would they put it out there at all if they planned on removing it? When my Dad called RC a few weeks back he was told that MM for our week was not certain and that it could be something different entirely. Not sure it makes sense that only the one week would be a different show unless they have to give the Cast a break or something?

This seems very cryptic of RC. What can't they just say whats going on? Its been showing available for the other cruises prior to and after the Sept 20th week which is weird. Why would they put it out there at all if they planned on removing it? When my Dad called RC a few weeks back he was told that MM for our week was not certain and that it could be something different entirely. Not sure it makes sense that only the one week would be a different show unless they have to give the Cast a break or something?

It is possible a break is in their contract and they only have a few back up players who can play any role. Try again calling directly or if someone knows the cruise directors email address he/she might be able to say.

Ive just got off the phone to RCCL, we are sailing on the 20th Sept on Allure the agent i spoke to confirmed that Mama Mia was being replaced with We Will Rock You. He did not give me exact dates but only confirmed that is was changing.

Ive just got off the phone to RCCL, we are sailing on the 20th Sept on Allure the agent i spoke to confirmed that Mama Mia was being replaced with We Will Rock You. He did not give me exact dates but only confirmed that is was changing.

Oh Damn it!!!

we are sailing on that date as well and my wife was looking forward to seeing it, that said if "We Will Rock You" is on then? I will be a happy bunny:)