Bottomless Bubbles Question

estillcrew

We have always purchased bottomless bubbles for our children, but now that they are teenagers, they seem to drink more water than soda. I am trying to determine if the package is worth it for a 16 year old, but I cannot remember the price per soda on board the ship. The package price for a 17 year old and younger is $4.95 per day, so how many sodas per day does that equal?

Thanks so much!

On the Magic, sodas were $1.73 per glass. That is including 15% gratuity. We purchased it for our 17 yr olds on our cruise. It payed for itself as they were also allowed to get bottles of water on the program. No other drinks just soda juice and bottled water.

I thought Bottomless Bubbles excluded bottled water?

I thought Bottomless Bubbles excluded bottled water?

We just got off the Magic and both of my kids and my sisters 2 kids were able to get bottled water with bottomless bubbles. I do not know if this was something special due to it being an extended cruise, but they got them. they were not charged as we do not allow them charging privileges.

Whenever it seems like it's close to breaking even, I also then realize I'll get more sodas to make it worth it. For example, if I'm sitting out on the deck, and my soda gets watered down, I have no problem getting another one. And I don't feel bad ordered 2 at dinner. My teenager likes the pineapple juice, and he'll drink like 2-3 at every dinner! LOL! I think you'll make it worth it at the end of the day.

So, $4.95 per day x 7 days = 34.65 + the 15% = 49.65 total for 7 days. Divided by $1.73 = 28.70 glasses of soda for the week which equals 4.10 glasses of soda per day. That would be to break even. I could drink that many. :-)

You need to revisit your math ;p! Total is $39.85 cost then divide by 1.73 = 23.03 glasses.

So, $4.95 per day x 7 days = 34.65 + the 15% = 49.65 total for 7 days. Divided by $1.73 = 28.70 glasses of soda for the week which equals 4.10 glasses of soda per day. That would be to break even. I could drink that many. :-)

This.... plus... they fill your cup with 75% ice. I remember on the Fascination, they used cans (never have I seen this) for the diet coke, mr. pibb, and even regular coke. Depending on which bar you went to, you would either get a full can, or you would get a little under a full can. I felt like I was constantly going up there to refill my cup.

This.... plus... they fill your cup with 75% ice. I remember on the Fascination, they used cans (never have I seen this) for the diet coke, mr. pibb, and even regular coke. Depending on which bar you went to, you would either get a full can, or you would get a little under a full can. I felt like I was constantly going up there to refill my cup.

Just got off of the Pride and they used cans for almost all of it and they don't open a new can for you either. So the majority of the time, the pop you are getting has been sitting in a can, opened. Its never really fresh unless you catch them when they don't have any open.

My husband did ask once if he could have a can and they gave it to him. Never tried that again though. Its worth it if you drink more than 3 or so a day I think. I just wish it was fresher and less ice was given.

Just got off of the Pride and they used cans for almost all of it and they don't open a new can for you either. So the majority of the time, the pop you are getting has been sitting in a can, opened. Its never really fresh unless you catch them when they don't have any open.

My husband did ask once if he could have a can and they gave it to him. Never tried that again though. Its worth it if you drink more than 3 or so a day I think. I just wish it was fresher and less ice was given.

I noticed that too! I love Mr. Pibb but don't think many people drink it so there were a few times I got an already opened can and it was almost flat. Definitely need less ice! I got coke from the tap system a few times and it tasted like straight syrup.

You always come through with the information I need! I was thinking that the cost was a little over $2 per soda, but I wasn't certain since we always purchase the bottomless bubbles. I will get it again for the girls! Thanks!!

I happened to save a screenshot from last month on Conquest. I also had BB. Hope this answers your question.

60aea92a7792abd2b47c3940a7c31454.png

You are totally right about them getting watered down quickly while on deck. Thanks! Another reason to purchase the package.

Whenever it seems like it's close to breaking even, I also then realize I'll get more sodas to make it worth it. For example, if I'm sitting out on the deck, and my soda gets watered down, I have no problem getting another one. And I don't feel bad ordered 2 at dinner. My teenager likes the pineapple juice, and he'll drink like 2-3 at every dinner! LOL! I think you'll make it worth it at the end of the day.

This is so true! Another reason to purchase the plan. Thank you!!

If you ask them, will they go light on the ice? I see the biggest complaint about this package is how watered down drinks get because so much ice is used.

They use a lot of ice because the cans are room temperature and if you are on a outdoor deck in the summer that means 90 degree soda poured over ice yielding a watered down flat glass of soda.

We have always purchased bottomless bubbles for our children, but now that they are teenagers, they seem to drink more water than soda. I am trying to determine if the package is worth it for a 16 year old, but I cannot remember the price per soda on board the ship. The package price for a 17 year old and younger is $4.95 per day, so how many sodas per day does that equal?

Thanks so much!

About 2.

Were on the Pride in July and the soda was $2.59 - at least in the dining room. They charged my son by mistake when he gave them his card. I see different prices on this thread so maybe the dining room is different? Anyway, we had figured 2-3 a day would cover it. He did that, but next cruise he will be 18 and I'm not paying adult prices. He won't drink that much.

Were on the Pride in July and the soda was $2.59 - at least in the dining room. They charged my son by mistake when he gave them his card. I see different prices on this thread so maybe the dining room is different? Anyway, we had figured 2-3 a day would cover it. He did that, but next cruise he will be 18 and I'm not paying adult prices. He won't drink that much.

Maybe you were still in a US Port or Port of Call. There is tax added then. Otherwise the MDR is the same.