Sent email to FDR. Response cold

hladygirl

NONE of those responses are from the person you sent the mail to. Almost all of them are auto responses, and the ones that aren't are answered by some underling whose only job is to respond to e-mails to those accounts.

I will guarantee you that none of you have ever written to the actual personal account of NCL's CEO, that account is well guarded.

I think the OP has crazy out of whack expectations. It is ok to drop an email, but silly to expect a personal response at all- especially on a Sunday.

If you don't like the changes after trying them, and the service is really as terrible as you claim, change companies, go to an all inclusive. Vote with your dollar.

I have never experienced the lack of service that is noted from some people. Don't know if my expectations are lesser or if I give a little slack because I would not be able to do half their jobs. Yes, we are paying a large amount of money for the trip, but it is less than I would pay if that same trip was split up into land hotels, restaurants, entertainment, ect. I am always impressed with the service from beginning to end. They greet you in the departure port with a smile, each person on the boat does their best to make your stay nice, they are all dressed well and groomed well- never seen a sloppy NCL crewmember.

The music and welcome when returning to the ship from port is always fun- I have not seen any other line do that. The entertainment on board is interesting and the food is good. Some food is just run of the mill- but that is the MDRs and free dining which is mass produced, meets expectations. The specialty restaurants are great, and yes, they charge for them but so do other lines. The change in tipping is probably because most people don't tip. They should change their pay grids but so should all cruises and land restaurants (to be honest).

The NCL leadership is making changes to keep themselves profitable for their shareholders. If the changes fly and it does not change bookings, they stick. If they create less bookings or less profit- I am sure they will change them to something else. Vote with your dollar- it is louder than an email.

Sent email to FDR regarding concerns about his plans for NCL and possible decreased service, increased charges and change to ncl freestyle atmosphere in the future. I got an instant email back from his IPhone stating " I APPRECIATE YOUR NOTE". No personalization there. Very cold. At least Kevin Sheehan email responses were nice and responded to your concern specifically. This new guy is not who I want for NCL. I hope he is not the downfall of NCL.

I'd love to know what type of complaints are made by the OP when on a ship.

Wow, the sense of entitlement is strong with this one.

Here's the thing - he doesn't care and neither did Kevin - I can guarantee you that much. He has a chain of command for a reason. I'm in middle management for a large insurance company and would never email our CEO even though he's very approachable. I would go through the appropriate change of command. Conversely, if they changed something on my policy that I wasn't happy with, I would vote with my wallet not with email.

If you really think that he's going to change a policy because you emailed him - you're delusional.

Edited by soaringfalcon
clarity

I think the OP has crazy out of whack expectations. It is ok to drop an email, but silly to expect a personal response at all- especially on a Sunday.

If you don't like the changes after trying them, and the service is really as terrible as you claim, change companies, go to an all inclusive. Vote with your dollar.

I have never experienced the lack of service that is noted from some people. Don't know if my expectations are lesser or if I give a little slack because I would not be able to do half their jobs. Yes, we are paying a large amount of money for the trip, but it is less than I would pay if that same trip was split up into land hotels, restaurants, entertainment, ect. I am always impressed with the service from beginning to end. They greet you in the departure port with a smile, each person on the boat does their best to make your stay nice, they are all dressed well and groomed well- never seen a sloppy NCL crewmember.

The music and welcome when returning to the ship from port is always fun- I have not seen any other line do that. The entertainment on board is interesting and the food is good. Some food is just run of the mill- but that is the MDRs and free dining which is mass produced, meets expectations. The specialty restaurants are great, and yes, they charge for them but so do other lines. The change in tipping is probably because most people don't tip. They should change their pay grids but so should all cruises and land restaurants (to be honest).

The NCL leadership is making changes to keep themselves profitable for their shareholders. If the changes fly and it does not change bookings, they stick. If they create less bookings or less profit- I am sure they will change them to something else. Vote with your dollar- it is louder than an email.

I'm with you...and I always keep in mind when reading negative reviews about anything (hotels, ships, restaurants,etc.) that reviews are so subjective and also that people are so much more likely to take the time to lodge a complaint than a compliment. While reading cruise ship reviews, if I see something like "They had nothing on the ship for me to eat the entire time", I stop and move on to the next review. I've never been on a ship with lack of food. That's for sure! I also believe that for some people, just because they're paying for something they have this false sense of entitlement, like they're the most important person on the ship. Ever observe how some passengers treat and talk to crew members so rudely? I have seen this countless times, on various cruise lines that sailed out of NY, Florida and San Juan and it makes me so sad knowing how hard those crew members work and the sacrifices they make.

Between this, the bed bug letter, and the concierge being expected to solve a cruiser's problem unrelated to concierge duties, today has sure demonstrated way too many people have an inflated sense of their own importance. Complain if you must, even here, but realize you're not remotely special and aren't going to get any special treatment.

Between this, the bed bug letter, and the concierge being expected to solve a cruiser's problem unrelated to concierge duties, today has sure demonstrated way too many people have an inflated sense of their own importance. Complain if you must, even here, but realize you're not remotely special and aren't going to get any special treatment.

I must find those other posts and read them now! ;)

Because Sheehan had been VERY receptive to emails from NCL cruisers.

I believe he replied to my 3 emails, which were all short and specific. All 3 times he was personable and he gave me difinitive feedback. Or an Asst did on his behalf.

Maybe it doesn't work for you but KS was not your typical CEO.

WOW! Things must be pretty miserable to have to mail CEO 3 times another another once. Really You are one of many many customers and I'm guessing one of the few unhappy ones.

Maybe u should change lines in order to make comparisons.

Edited by Ilovesailing

WOW! Things must be pretty miserable to have to mail CEO 3 times another another once. Really You are one of many many customers and I'm guessing one of the few unhappy ones.

Maybe u should change lines in order to make comparisons.

First, this was over several years. The first was when they discontinued the bar setup

For about a week. Enough of us pleaded that they reinstated.

Second was the failed all-suite access on the Jade. Enough of us gave feedback they nipped that experiment in the bud.

Third was actually a positive email about someone on CC that was cruising after Sandy. It really was heartwarming the way NCL replied.

A few other comments:

I am not unhappy. About NCL or anything else.

I have cruised 4 lines and compared. NCL is my fave but I will always have a good time. No, not everything is perfect but that is just life.

I have been accused of being a NCL cheerleader many times do find it funny you thought otherwise. I will be on the Jewel in 12 days. And I will be far from miserable. Because I cannot imagine anything that would make it so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk