Waterslides on Breakaway

Suze10860

Anyone know about body jewelry on the drop slide? I have a couple of piercings that are covered by clothing, but that I can't remove without some assistance and a pair of pliers. I'd like to figure out if I can do the drop slide. If I can't, I'd rather be disappointed now than while aboard the ship.

I anticipate the answer is going to be "Nope, no jewelry at all ever", but you can't blame a girl for hoping! :)

Edited by the_redhead

Anyone know about body jewelry on the drop slide? I have a couple of piercings that are covered by clothing, but that I can't remove without some assistance and a pair of pliers. I'd like to figure out if I can do the drop slide. If I can't, I'd rather be disappointed now than while aboard the ship.

I anticipate the answer is going to be "Nope, no jewelry at all ever", but you can't blame a girl for hoping! :)

Nope, no jewellery at all, ever.

Just remove them before your cruise.

Unfortunately that's not an option. The holes would likely close to the point where I'd have to have the piercings re-done when I got home, and I'm not looking to do that again!

Thanks for the scoop. I'll stick to the other slides.

Don't have body jewelry on a drop slide. I've seen the result of said jewelry coming into contact with the side of the slide at speed. Not pretty, and will close the slide for decontamination.

I've seen the result of said jewelry coming into contact with the side of the slide at speed. Not pretty, and will close the slide for decontamination.

That actually made me shudder. I will leave the drop slide to those without piercings! It's a big ship, there's plenty of other stuff to do.

The whole "no jewelry" rule is because they don't want the jewelry to catch on the sides of the slide. If you slow down then you won't make it up over the hump of the loop to the exit. I've seen women whose knot at the back of the swimsuit slowed them down.

I would think that if the piercings are on the front of your body, that they wouldn't come into contact at all with the sides of the slide.

I guess it's better to be safe than sorry though.

the cold water flowing through the waterslides on the breakaway are the hardest parts to overcome. Not sure why they dont heat the water like Disney..

Boggles the mind..

Last I checked, NCL is not a Disney cruise line.

I thought the Free Fall waterslide was great....hassle though I got to the top and couldn't slide down the first time due to wedding ring....

Wish I saw people needing to use the scale, that would have made me laugh.

• 1 month later...
We're on the Getaway (slides the same I think) in Dec. I'm 71 and plan on trying all the slides at least once--and the ropes course. I've done a lot of this stuff before. Sounds fun!

id be impressed if you can do the ropes. i discovered my fear of heights up there on top of the steps.

OMG all of these posts have scared the ----- out of me. :eek: I think i'll stick to the hot tub. LOL.

Actually the hot tubs scare the bejeezus out of me.... UBP and warm water and bubbles .... when I sit poolside... I don't see too many adults actually getting out of the tub to do their business... just saying! :D:eek::D:rolleyes:

id be impressed if you can do the ropes. i discovered my fear of heights up there on top of the steps.

Well, we'll see! I've done some ropes course type things on zip lines before--has been a few years, although we zipped again last year. I'm stepping up my fitness routine right now!

No great fear of heights, but I know it will take strength and agility. Hopefully they don't have to rescue me! Might try the climbing wall too; but my upper body strength has never been great, so not too sure about that one.

I feel incredibly lucky to be able to do so much in my 70's. When I visit my 94 year old mother in the rest home, there are plenty of people my age or younger living there, not to mention all those I see shopping, etc., who are struggling so hard.

I discovered the same! I did it, but it was hard and I never knew that I was afraid of heights!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

how the heck did you do it, how far did you go?

i put one foot on the first beam and said no. stood up there for about 15 seconds and the dude says you gotta move. i tried once more. no way

gf went across one ladder and back. she couldnt go further. we did get a pic taken to prove we were there though ;)

Well, we'll see! I've done some ropes course type things on zip lines before--has been a few years, although we zipped again last year. I'm stepping up my fitness routine right now!

No great fear of heights, but I know it will take strength and agility. Hopefully they don't have to rescue me! Might try the climbing wall too; but my upper body strength has never been great, so not too sure about that one.

I feel incredibly lucky to be able to do so much in my 70's. When I visit my 94 year old mother in the rest home, there are plenty of people my age or younger living there, not to mention all those I see shopping, etc., who are struggling so hard.

How wonderful! I hope you have a great time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

how the heck did you do it, how far did you go?

i put one foot on the first beam and said no. stood up there for about 15 seconds and the dude says you gotta move. i tried once more. no way

gf went across one ladder and back. she couldnt go further. we did get a pic taken to prove we were there though ;)

It helped that my husband was fearless and up there with me. I kept grabbing him and saying help me get across this part. I made it all the way! I was terrified when I got to the zipline, but I did it. Pics to prove it. My kids couldn't believe that I did it. They loved it though and did it several times a day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app