Waterslides on Breakaway

Suze10860

The water slides on the Breakaway are great. For the love of Pete, please do not panic and extend your arms and legs to push on the sides of the tube in an attempt to stop yourself from falling if you go in the slide where the floor drops out. You'll slow down and get stuck. This shuts the ride down for a good 20-30 minutes while they get you out. Cross your arms and keep your legs together. Also, they will weigh you on a scale before you get on so if you're bashful about that, don't go on that one.

Edited by Sizzlechest

Free fall is pretty intense but super fun, the yellow and magenta one is fine and fun too. No jewelry at all on the free fall, had to go back to room and put everything in the safe!

Just to expand on that, when they say "no jewelry", they mean NO JEWELRY! No wedding rings, no earrings, no necklaces, etc. And, they aren't kidding, either.

The water slides on the Breakaway are great. For the love of Pete, please do not panic and extend your arms and legs to push on the sides of the tube in an attempt to stop yourself from falling if you go in the slide where the floor drops out. You'll slow down and get stuck. This shuts the ride down for a good 20-30 minutes while they get you out. Cross your arms and keep your legs together. Also, they will weigh you on a scale before you get on so if you're bashful about that, don't go on that one.

By any chance do you know what the weight restrictions are?

The free fall is a bit intense, I felt like I was in a space capsule before the floor dropped out from under me! Minimum weight is 100lbs, max 300lbs.

The yellow and magenta are closed slides that do 3.5 turns. These made me dizzy and nauseous, but my boys would ride them over and over and over

The blue slide is open on top and the tamest of the three options. You can still get some decent speed by leaning forward and touching your toes :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Come on...please don't tell me they weigh every single person, right out in the open?!?!

I might not be the same weight I was when I got married 27 years ago, but I'm pretty sure that they can tell just by looking at me that I don't weigh in at 300 pounds. That is the upper limit, right? Seriously, am I the only person who wouldn't want to step on a scale in public?!?!?!? My husband doesn't even know what I weigh. I'm going to be sad if I have to forgo the free fall slide because I've got too many hangups to get weighed in front of friends, family and complete strangers. :(

Come on...please don't tell me they weigh every single person, right out in the open?!?!

I might not be the same weight I was when I got married 27 years ago, but I'm pretty sure that they can tell just by looking at me that I don't weigh in at 300 pounds. That is the upper limit, right? Seriously, am I the only person who wouldn't want to step on a scale in public?!?!?!? My husband doesn't even know what I weigh. I'm going to be sad if I have to forgo the free fall slide because I've got too many hangups to get weighed in front of friends, family and complete strangers. :(

When we went in March 2014, they had the scale up top between the two drop slides. Only saw one scrawny kid get weighed and we went numerous times on numerous days. They did turn back several people with rings on though.

When we went in March 2014, they had the scale up top between the two drop slides. Only saw one scrawny kid get weighed and we went numerous times on numerous days. They did turn back several people with rings on though.

March 2016 the scale was still there. I know DH got weighed but he's 20-30 lbs of the top weight limit. I was weighed in 2014, but not this year, even though my weight hasn't changed.

Thanks folks.

I'm fine with one NCL employee seeing my weight if that happens.

I think I had visions of stepping on a scale like on "The Biggest Loser" and having the weight flashed up digitally for the world to see. Maybe even announced over the loudspeaker. :p

Well, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit...

If it helps I didn't even notice the scale...maybe that was the UBP:p

I would suggest you go down the yellow and purple slide first to check your bathing suits ability to slide. My first day on the slides were great with no problems only fun. My second day I wore a new pair of swim shorts and went to the free fall slide. I was falling fine then I started to slow down,stopped then I started to tumble backwards. I had read about people getting stuck on the slide so I knew there was an escape hatch. I climbed out of the escape hatch, but had to wait for a employee to let me out of the area. The whole time the slide was shut down. The employee said that my swim shorts were the wrong kind of material to wear on the slide.

I would suggest you go down the yellow and purple slide first to check your bathing suits ability to slide. My first day on the slides were great with no problems only fun. My second day I wore a new pair of swim shorts and went to the free fall slide. I was falling fine then I started to slow down,stopped then I started to tumble backwards. I had read about people getting stuck on the slide so I knew there was an escape hatch. I climbed out of the escape hatch, but had to wait for a employee to let me out of the area. The whole time the slide was shut down. The employee said that my swim shorts were the wrong kind of material to wear on the slide.

That's a good point. Our DD had a suit that had a top with a back that wasn't the best for the slides and got stuck too her first time and had to come out of the hatch. The rest of the day they gave her one of the backboard things if they still have those. Other days she wore different suit and she was fine.

My DH and myself loved all the waterslides on Breakaway - especially the free fall one. Also don't forget the ropes course and walking the plank - that scared me more than the slides! It's funny because our cruise on the Breakaway was for our DD high school graduation and neither her or her friend did the slides, ropes or plank, but her dad & I had a lot of fun doing them!

• 5 months later...