Cagneys accomodations for vegetarians

metsinfirst

Does Cagneys have the ability to offer vegetarian options to a guest who does not eat meat or fish? Would it need to be requested in advance? Thank you.

As a steak house, the choices are limited. Looks like salad and side dishes are about it. $30 for that would be pretty steep. I'm guessing if you are dining with meat eaters, they probably could get something from one of the other venues on the ship. All of the entree's are meat or fish. Even some of the salads would have to be adjusted. They are very accommodating so something could be worked out I'm sure. Check with them when you board.

We went to Cagney's on the Breakaway in October and they have a separate vegetarian menu. You have to ask for it and the hostess couldn't find it but when she asked the manager, he found it for her. There was a nice selection and the tofu entrée was excellent. I ordered a potato soup for an appetizer but they also have a similar version on the regular menu that is made with chicken stock and is topped with bacon. When it arrived, I though it was okay because there was no bacon but when I tasted it, I knew there was chicken stock in it. They were very apologetic and made the vegetarian version for me but it was tasteless, so I wouldn't order it again but I would try another appetizer.

My adult daughter is a strict vegan. We ate at Cagney's once and called in the morning. They made a wonderful pasta dish for her. And yes, we have eaten at many land vegetarian restaurants. Most have meat options.

Uhhhh...not to be ....indelicate.....

pasta is made with eggs.

Is that what they use on the NCL ships?

NCL accomodates all kinds of diets. Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free, etc. It is possible they have a provision to accomodate those who do not eat eggs with an egg free pasta? Maybe? Maybe not?

I was just pointing out that egg free pasta does exist. In reply to a post questioning "doesn't pasta contain eggs"?

I am taking my soon to be 18 year old niece on the Jewel. She is a vegan. I have a culinary education. So I am curious. Looking forward to seeing what transpires. She is extremely easy to please so I am sure it will all work out great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not all. In fact there is one brand called NO YOLKS. I also buy noodles at Dollar Tree that say NO EGGS right on the front of the bag.

No Yolks brand certainly doesn't say "egg free" on the label. In fact it clearly says "Cholesterol free egg white pasta" in big letters on the front of the package. There are egg free pastas...but not that brand.

Edited by njhorseman

NCL accomodates all kinds of diets. Vegan, Vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free, etc. It is possible they have a provision to accomodate those who do not eat eggs with an egg free pasta? Maybe? Maybe not?

I was just pointing out that egg free pasta does exist. In reply to a post questioning "doesn't pasta contain eggs"?

I am taking my soon to be 18 year old niece on the Jewel. She is a vegan. I have a culinary education. So I am curious. Looking forward to seeing what transpires. She is extremely easy to please so I am sure it will all work out great.

I know vegetarians who cruise and seem to do OK.

I was a vegetarian for four years but that has been ended for a long time.

The hardest part of being a vegan would be dealing with the beer selections.

I know vegetarians who cruise and seem to do OK.

I was a vegetarian for four years but that has been ended for a long time.

The hardest part of being a vegan would be dealing with the beer selections.

Luckily my 18 year old niece is not into beer.

She has been a vegan for 3 years. Very easy going.

There are plenty of really tasty vegan pastas. I get mine at Whole Foods and now my regular market is even starting to carry some of them.

My vegan niece's mom, (my sis) works for Whole Foods. Great selection and a discount too!