muslim morning and evening prayer

jp30338

Cant seem to find anything online. Has any muslims had problems doing prayer on the outside decks on celebrity?

I've never seen anyone praying and you would think there would be plenty of Muslims on the crew. However both M and S class ships have some quiet areas on deck where prayer could be achieved with minimal interruption at most times.

I wonder what the crew does.

I too see this as a non issue.

If it is privacy you seek... Go up high.

The highest outdoor decks on the ships are usually the least populated (dang near empty)

M-Class = Sports Deck

S-Class = Solstice Deck

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

guest relations are a good place to ask, they have both indoor and outdoor areas and some ships are catering for prayer rooms or using the conference room.

Good advice, they will do all they can to assist you

Just curious, never seen it but do S and M class ships have an inter-faith chapel?

Where do they perform the weddings?

No chapel / prayer room per se.

Religious Ceremonies & Weddings usually happy in either a Conference Room Space or "up top" in the Revelations (M-Class) or Sky Lounge (S-Class)... Very nice indoor setting.

And when we were on The Solstice (2012) they were also holding Weddings on the lawn.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

On a recent cruise on the Eclipse, we heard that conference rooms, the observation lounge and even Quaser nightclub were used for religious gatherings at various times.

Either end of the promenade on deck 5 on the starboard side seemed relatively quiet a lot of the time as well on our cruise (port side busy because smoking is permitted).

I'm not religious, but it does suprise me that something the size of a ship with 5000 or so people on board doesn't have a small prayer room for crew and passenger use. I've been on aircraft with prayer rooms.

Edited by DYKWIA

Hi Everyone,

As this thread has resulted in several posts being removed, this thread is now closed. Hopefully, the OP has obtained the answer to their question. If not, I suggest contacting Celebrity.

This is a good time to remind our members to review our Guidelines : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines

As a reminder, I urge our members to refrain from getting into arguments with other members - it's pointless to go to battle with them. Violations of our terms may lead to your posting priviliges being suspended or terminated.

When viewing inappropriate posts, the best action you can take, is to use the alert triangle, which will get our prompt attention.

Thanks very much for your understanding and participation.