Anyone delayed paying final balance

chipsdog

My full balance is due 16 February, however, I would like to delay payment until 26 February in order to use my AMEX card (new year starting for companion voucher)

Has anyone managed to delay payment and what excuse did you use?

thank you

There is no valid excuse for breaking a contract, you would forfeit your deposit and lose your cruise.

David

I know someone who accidentally forget to pay the final Balance for a cruise and Cunard have just cancelled the cruise without any notification. Caused a few problems as it was difficult to rebook at similar price.

The only time we have asked - and been granted - permission to delay final payment was last month. We were waiting on news from the hospital about my mother and weren't sure whether to pay the balance or cancel. In the event, as a result of her health we cancelled.

In any case we were asking our TA, and not Cunard, if we might delay payment for just a few days, as they require payment two weeks before Cunard.

I would not think to ask Cunard as it goes against the Ts&Cs.

The only time we have asked - and been granted - permission to delay final payment was last month. We were waiting on news from the hospital about my mother and weren't sure whether to pay the balance or cancel. In the event, as a result of her health we cancelled.

In any case we were asking our TA, and not Cunard, if we might delay payment for just a few days, as they require payment two weeks before Cunard.

My TA asks for final payment early, too. Their computer sends out reminders automatically so you don't forget. The agency doesn't want people to forget and lose their cruise. Because you know, the customer who forgets is likely to blame the TA.

For a good repeat customer a TA might let one pay past their due by date but Cunard must have their money on time and in full. Payment due date is payment due date - especially since you are doing this for "points" and not for any family circumstance.

Your booking will be cancelled and your stateroom will go into inventory where anybody can immediately jump on it.

Yes, I perhaps wasn't clear, I was asking my TA if I could have a few days beyond THEIR payment date, which was two weeks before Cunard's date, to which they agreed to extend by a week. Payment would then still have been with Cunard by their required date - had we been able to continue with the cruise.

Yes, I perhaps wasn't clear, I was asking my TA if I could have a few days beyond THEIR payment date, which was two weeks before Cunard's date, to which they agreed to extend by a week. Payment would then still have been with Cunard by their required date - had we been able to continue with the cruise.

Our cruise agency (one of the large online ones) sends out auto reminders stating payment due a few days before the actual cut off date. It's a CYA thing, last day to pay in our instance is 91 days out per Cunard policy. If you do not pay the remaining balance by that date, it's a case of you snooze, you lose. You lose your hold on that stateroom, and it opens up for anyone to book.

Done it once, we booked via our regular TA at that time, and once we allowed to pay on the last possible day on one occasion when we were waiting for an OK to go after cancer treatment. It helped that we were regular customers and were on a name to name basis with our contact. I doubt Cunard would do it for your stated reason!

My full balance is due 16 February, however, I would like to delay payment until 26 February in order to use my AMEX card (new year starting for companion voucher)

thank you

Have you tried asking AMEX to advance the date on your card so you could make the payment on time and still get the AMEX bonus?

Our well known cruise agent did not send the final payment in time and our trip was cancelled... After 3 days of stress we had everything back but were on the other side of the ship. Compensated a few hundred US dollars but not happy. We will continue on and enjoy the ship. Leaving tomorrow for the Machu Picchu part of the trip.

They did have to fight to get everything back as MP and Iguazu Falls were sold out.. I think we were lucky to get it all rebooked....

Not a good agent all the way through.... she has lost us...

Sorry I diverse... glad it got sorted...

You will be Okay . Cruise line Final Payment date is all that matters . Inform your TA of what you wish to do so they don't flood you with reminders for missing their date.

You will be Okay . Cruise line Final Payment date is all that matters . Inform your TA of what you wish to do so they don't flood you with reminders for missing their date.

Thank you, but because of my mother's poor health it was necessary to cancel which I did before payment was made.

thank you

Surely Cunard would charge a fee for using this card?