Transfers to Amsterdam Airport (AMS)

Hi everyone,

Question for those of you who have disembarked in Amsterdam and headed straight to the airport: can anyone recommend any private transfer companies they have used? Also, how far is the port to AMS and roughly how much does it cost?

There are 5 of us with a lot of luggage so I doubt there will be a taxi at the port big enough to hold all of us.

Thanks in advance.

You can order a taxi or limo direct on the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport website. The car will be waiting for you at the arranged time. You can choose between a private taxi, a private limo ("business taxi") or a shared minibus that will pick up other people on the way, depending on what you want to spend. With 5 people, the cost of a private vehicle is not that much more than shared. There is even an english language explanatory film on the site.

You can get a quote online by typing in the address, date and number of passengers. The address of the Passenger Terminal is "Piet Heinkade 29"

You can order a taxi or limo direct on the Amsterdam Schiphol Airport website. The car will be waiting for you at the arranged time. You can choose between a private taxi, a private limo ("business taxi") or a shared minibus that will pick up other people on the way, depending on what you want to spend. With 5 people, the cost of a private vehicle is not that much more than shared. There is even an english language explanatory film on the site.

You can get a quote online by typing in the address, date and number of passengers. The address of the Passenger Terminal is "Piet Heinkade 29"

What a great site; thanks for the info!

Thanks for the info. By looking at the Passenger Terminal website, I think the address is "Piet Heinkade 27"

http://www.ptamsterdam.nl/index.php?site=cruises&hc=cruisekalender

Don't know if that slight change makes a difference or not.

Thanks for the info. By looking at the Passenger Terminal website, I think the address is "Piet Heinkade 27"

It is in the same block if you put in the zipcode it will bring up several choices

1019 BR

You are absolutely right, I looked the address up on another website, but the correct info is of course on their own website.

Can we expect plenty of cabs waiting when we disembark in Amsterdam? (This will be on a Monday morning in June).

That is what I am wondering too. Does anyone know once we exit the cruise terminal if there are cabs readily available? We also will be disembarking on a Monday Morning.

I do not think the train is a viable option for my family because there are 5 of us with a lot of luggage. A taxi will be a lot more convenient, even though it will be more expensive.

There will be a line of taxis but with 5 people I would prebook one if you are on a time schedule to get a flight

If you have a late day flight you may get a larger van just waiting around but depends on how lucky you feel

How many people will be getting off the ship & wanting transport is also a factor ..not sure Amsterdam has that many taxis to accommodate 1000+ passengers

If you use this site to book a cab to take you from the cruise ship to the airport, how exactly will the driver know where to meet you, if the form only requires you to put in the address of the passenger terminal? Or is there just one exit from the terminal? (Thanks for the help with what probably seems to be a silly question, but we've never been to Amsterdam.

If you use this site to book a cab to take you from the cruise ship to the airport, how exactly will the driver know where to meet you, if the form only requires you to put in the address of the passenger terminal? Or is there just one exit from the terminal? (Thanks for the help with what probably seems to be a silly question, but we've never been to Amsterdam.

There is 1 exit & they will have your name on a sign ...I would think

you have to prepay also so I would hope they are waiting for you

We have used them from the airport to the Movenpick

Does anyone know how much Celebrity charges for their transfer? How much would a van be if I can find one? The airport website wants € 37,95 for 2 people.

Also, has anyone looked to see if there are any bonus codes (discount coupons) available, as the airport website allows you to enter one.

Is anyone familiar with Tinker (http://tinker.travel/)? They quoted me € 22.20 for 2 people. I sent them email to make sure that the price quoted is accurate.

Edited by MisterBill99

Does anyone know how much Celebrity charges for their transfer? How much would a van be if I can find one? The airport website wants € 37,95 for 2 people.

Also, has anyone looked to see if there are any bonus codes (discount coupons) available, as the airport website allows you to enter one.

Is anyone familiar with Tinker (http://tinker.travel/)? They quoted me € 22.20 for 2 people. I sent them email to make sure that the price quoted is accurate.

That is an excellent rate. I heard some drivers at the cruise terminal charge E. 50,- to even E. 80,- for that same ride..

That is an excellent rate. I heard some drivers at the cruise terminal charge E. 50,- to even E. 80,- for that same ride..

Yeah.. too bad they didn't respond to my email!

Perhaps someone else wants to try getting a quote and see if you get the same results, or maybe call if you're in the Netherlands? Here's their website again.

https://tinker.travel/

Thanks..

Edited by MisterBill99

Yeah.. too bad they didn't respond to my email!

Perhaps someone else wants to try getting a quote and see if you get the same results, or maybe call if you're in the Netherlands? Here's their website again.

https://tinker.travel/

Thanks..

Hi,

I tried getting a quote. But since I don't have a flight number, it doesn't really help. What I learned from their facebook page, you'll get as cheap as you can if you book long before the actual date. Maybe that's the reason you get so cheap € 22.20. WOW!!

Thank you for sharing the link by the way. It's a great deal. :)

We ever lived just 10 km from Schiphol Airport (12 minutes drive). When we needed taxi, we paid between €25-30 one way.

Compare the distance from Piet Heinkade Amsterdam to Schiphol which is around 30 km, even without Tinker travel service, such as mentioned above: from schiphol site or €50-80 as Ine mentioned, all price still a good deal.

haha.. it's a dummy way of assuming by calculating 3 (times 10 km) x € 25-30 = € 75-90 :D

Hope you can get in touch with Tinker and have a great deal.

Hi,

I tried getting a quote. But since I don't have a flight number, it doesn't really help. What I learned from their facebook page, you'll get as cheap as you can if you book long before the actual date. Maybe that's the reason you get so cheap € 22.20. WOW!!

Thank you for sharing the link by the way. It's a great deal. :)

They responded to me today:

Yes that is the correct price. We work with an early bird pricing sytem. If you book and leave the right mobile phone nr. we will meet you at the pier. You have to print your ticket which will be send to you after you have made the online payment.

My only problem is that I do not have my cell phone number yet. I need to order my Passport SIM so I can get that set up. I guess I should order it.

I'll have to look for their FB page. Do they have anyone saying good things about them?

Edited by MisterBill99

I'll have to look for their FB page. Do they have anyone saying good things about them?

From their fb, 2 people mentioned it. At least, they sound happy. :)

Can't find any other reviews online.

They try to open an account on Tripadvisor though (read their tweet to tripadvisor). Maybe then we can read more reviews.

This website mentioned them as an alternative:

http://www.amsterdamtips.com/getting-to-amsterdam-from-schiphol-airport.php

• 1 month later...

So, since I originally mentioned Tinker, I wanted to report back that they never showed up to get us from the pier last week. They had given me a pickup time of 10:20, and we were actually ready 2 hours earlier. I found a very nice woman at the information desk at the PTA and she tried calling them for me, but they were not open until 9am. So we sat and waited (fortunately they had a nice table for 4 and fast and free wifi) and then she called again at 9. After being on hold for several minutes we finally got someone. She had to have someone else call us. Eventually we spoke to someone and they claimed there was a woman waiting for us at the taxi area (we had gone to the location where people who had reserved cars were). Then after I could not find the person, I had the woman call back and Tinker eventually admitted that the person was waiting for us at the airport (my confirmation form clearly showed the pier pickup). She claimed they would send a taxi to get us. Eventually after our 10:20 pickup time had passed, the woman from the PTA got the Tinker boss to agree to reimburse us for a cab and got a van for us (there were 4 of us). We were charged 60 euro, which was a lot cheaper than a fellow cruiser paid, so I am not sure if she got us a good rate or they got ripped off. I do know that Tinker had charged me 35 euros. Anyway, I emailed my receipt to the boss and have yet to hear back. If I do not hear from them in the next couple of days, I'll be disputing the original charge to at least protect myself against having to pay the 35 euro (hopefully I can for an international charge). I will say that I certainly expected to get email from them BEFORE I sent them the receipt apologizing for the screw-up, and obviously that did not happen. Fortunately, our flight was not until 1:20 so we had plenty of time, but if we'd waiting much later we would have had to rush.

I will say that the other person we were taking the taxi with had a good experience being picked up by Tinker at the airport. So FROM the airport it appears they can do. It's TO the airport that they seem to have problems with.

We were charged 60 euro, which was a lot cheaper than a fellow cruiser paid, so I am not sure if she got us a good rate or they got ripped off. I do know that Tinker had charged me 35 euros.

Last year we paid 50E to the Centrum ..near the train station with a taxi from the airport so 60E is not bad from the port to AMS

• 2 weeks later...

We will be disembarking the Constellation on Mon June 2. Itinerary says she docks at 6am. The best flight available for us (and I mean extremely better than other choices) leaves at 10am. Any thoughts on how do-able this would be? I think Celebrity recommends 10:30am or after, but from past experience I have always heeded their advice and then found later that numerous other passengers had booked the earlier/best flight with no problem. We will already be spending 3 nights in AMS before the cruise and I could save another day of vacation by leaving the same day the ship docks.

We will be disembarking the Constellation on Mon June 2. Itinerary says she docks at 6am. The best flight available for us (and I mean extremely better than other choices) leaves at 10am. Any thoughts on how do-able this would be? I think Celebrity recommends 10:30am or after, but from past experience I have always heeded their advice and then found later that numerous other passengers had booked the earlier/best flight with no problem. We will already be spending 3 nights in AMS before the cruise and I could save another day of vacation by leaving the same day the ship docks.

If you can get to the airport by 7:30 am you might be OK

it is at least 30 min drive

I would pre arrange a taxi

& pray the ship is docked a 6am & cleared (if needed)

It will be close call ..not my idea of a fun way to end a vacation

YMMV

If you can get to the airport by 7:30 am you might be OK

it is at least 30 min drive

I would pre arrange a taxi

& pray the ship is docked a 6am & cleared (if needed)

It will be close call ..not my idea of a fun way to end a vacation

YMMV

Also do your airline checkin online the night before. And better take your luggage off the ship yourself right after docking.