Anthem shows or things not to be missed

Theresa522

Hi

We did a 5 night cruise in april. We really enjoyed We will rock you, saw it twice. The gift was a hard one but ok, Spectra's cabaret was enjoyable.

Remember to sign up for an iFly session, if you enjoy it you can then go back in the standby line to have another go.

Cafe 270 is nice for Breakfast and lunch, can get busy but lots of places to sit in 270. We enjoyed eating in the solarium too.

If you want your a/c on all the time then take an old card as you have to put your room key in the holder to keep the power on in the cabin.

Hope this helps.

You don't want to miss the shows: We Will Rock You, The Gift and Spectra

The Gift is a little hard to follow unless you pay very close attention in the beginning. We ended up seeing it twice, and we appreciated it so much more the second time around because we understood the story better.

We Will Rock You is a definite. I wish we had seen it earlier in our cruise so we could have seen it again, It was that good.

And remember, if you don't get to do everything this ship has to offer, it's a great excuse to sail on her again.

Hi

We did a 5 night cruise in april. We really enjoyed We will rock you, saw it twice. The gift was a hard one but ok, Spectra's cabaret was enjoyable.

Remember to sign up for an iFly session, if you enjoy it you can then go back in the standby line to have another go.

Cafe 270 is nice for Breakfast and lunch, can get busy but lots of places to sit in 270. We enjoyed eating in the solarium too.

If you want your a/c on all the time then take an old card as you have to put your room key in the holder to keep the power on in the cabin.

Hope this helps.

Thank you! I told my dh that I defiantly wanted to try to the ifly. I am sure it will be hysterical for him as I am a bit of a baby. lol I will add we will rock you to the list. Is that something that needs to be booked?

You don't want to miss the shows: We Will Rock You, The Gift and Spectra

The Gift is a little hard to follow unless you pay very close attention in the beginning. We ended up seeing it twice, and we appreciated it so much more the second time around because we understood the story better.

Do I need reservations for these? If so can they be done online? Thanks again

We Will Rock You is a definite. I wish we had seen it earlier in our cruise so we could have seen it again, It was that good.

And remember, if you don't get to do everything this ship has to offer, it's a great excuse to sail on her again.

Haha I know!! We actually booked the 5 day to Bermuda and then when I started looking at the ship said OMG we need more time!!! So I switched to a 7 day. :D

Do I need reservations for these? If so can they be done online? Thanks again

Yes you should reserve the shows online.

If you don't get reservations, you can wait on the standby line before the show and you will probably get in (maybe not for Spectra because of the more limited seating in that venue)

We loved the cafe 270 a nice quiet place to read or watch sailaway. We were on the december sailing and I recommend you try to do the bumper cars early embarkation day there were no lines we went twice. So much fun. :)

We were on Anthem in July -- they had just added a "Tribute to Billy Joel" in the Music Hall, performed by a group of the singers (and dancers?). It was excellent -- and very well attended.

Too late, I saw in the Compass that they had another Music Hall event on the last evening -- if I had seen it, we would have attended. Mostly I remember the cast members from We Will Rock You were VERY talented. (This particular show was not on the regular list of events, but in the square box that detailed live music appearances around the ship -- which is how I missed it.)

And while everyone complains about the Windjammer crowds and many will not consider it for dinner -- the night we went there, they were making fresh donut holes for dessert. OMG ! They were awesome ! (Dinner is also the only time the WJ has pretzel rolls/sticks -- also awesome !!) There was no "big crowd" to battle at dinner... it was quite peaceful with many food options at dinner. I wonder what other finds there might be at dinner in WJ.

We actually liked the welcome aboard show the best: the comedian was funny. (He wasn't funny at the adults only show, later in the week.) The other shows are a mixed bag. Hard to predict what anyone will like.

We enjoyed having breakfast or lunch while sitting in 270.

Hi guys, this will be our first time on the Anthem and OMG does she look HUGE and a bit overwhelming. What shows are a must see? Also, activities and anything else you think we should do or try while onboard?

Thanks

Big as she is, you'll know your way around after the first day.

As others have said, don't miss We Will Rock You and Spectra's. You should reserve them ahead, although they let people in without reservations 15 minutes before the show. Neither were completely full when we were there. Many of the other shows change. We enjoyed the comedian at the Welcome Aboard show, but missed the other one. The Rock the Boat band was fantastic and we followed them to several venues. Do Northstar. I am afraid of heights, but it didn't scare me at all.

We liked all 3 shows. They had a show in 270 the first night to see what it was all about that was fun. They have concerts and football games there too. The Music Hall had good bands some nights. The puzzle room was the most fun ever. Bumper cars are fun too. NorthStar was nice to get a different view of the ship and surroundings. The Solarium was a very nice place to spend part of a sea day.

You can reserve the 3 shows, NorthStar, IFly and the puzzle room ahead of time. I was checking every day because activities and entertainment did not show up at the same time. Wonderland was the best meal of the week and worth the extra cost.

We liked all 3 shows. They had a show in 270 the first night to see what it was all about that was fun. They have concerts and football games there too. The Music Hall had good bands some nights. The puzzle room was the most fun ever. Bumper cars are fun too. NorthStar was nice to get a different view of the ship and surroundings. The Solarium was a very nice place to spend part of a sea day.

You can reserve the 3 shows, NorthStar, IFly and the puzzle room ahead of time. I was checking every day because activities and entertainment did not show up at the same time. Wonderland was the best meal of the week and worth the extra cost.

What is the puzzle room? Thanks

The puzzle room is an escape room where a group has to solve a series of puzzles to get out in an hour. It is done in one room with 12-16 people. You need several people because there is a lot to do. We knew that 4 people who had reservations were not going to show up so I went out and talked 3 people into doing it with us. We got out with 6 minutes to spare. It was a lot of fun. I reserved online as soon as it showed up.

Hi guys, this will be our first time on the Anthem and OMG does she look HUGE and a bit overwhelming. What shows are a must see? Also, activities and anything else you think we should do or try while onboard?

Thanks

In case you find this helpful, my detailed comments on Anthem are organized by subject, along with tips and suggestions, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2277588

Enjoy your cruise!