Cabin Capacity (5 to a cabin)

Hotdog 52

We did this on the Triumph with 2 adults and 3 small kids and it was...cozy. I couldn't imagine 3 adults in anything less than a suite, but if you do...hopefully you all love each other very much. :)

Look at the bed arrangement. It would probably be doable with a queen bed and the sofa that converts to a 2nd queen bed with a pulldown overhead single. When the beds are all open, there is NO floorspace, so nighttime floorpacing is out...and definitely no twister after dark. Even getting to the bathroom might be a challenge without crawling over the sofabed. Again, you all hopefully love each other very much. But when everything is stowed, there is ample room to move about.

Do it! Save $ on the room, u will be fine...its not like your in your room but to sleep and shower anyways! We did 4 adult women in one room and it was fine, we had scheduled shower times, we had a great time and spent more on shopping and drinks;)

Do it! Save $ on the room, u will be fine...its not like your in your room but to sleep and shower anyways! We did 4 adult women in one room and it was fine, we had scheduled shower times, we had a great time and spent more on shopping and drinks;)

Just an FYI if you ever decide to do that again - I've read you can use the Spa showers and they are more roomy.

If you are looking at a Dream class ship they have Oceanview rooms that sleep 5 and have sort of 2 bathrooms in them. My in-laws did that with 3 adults and said they had lots of extra room. It might work well for you if you are on one of those ships.

On a Fantasy class ship it will be tight also.

Have the lowers apart, one under the window (or far wall) and one under a bunk. This arrangement won't work on the ships/cabins with the added on balconies.

How tall the the shortest child? There are rollaways and pallets. A trundle can store under a bed but is only good for those under 4'6". A rollaway is a regular sized bed. Either way put it under the other bunk.

We were on the Splendor a few weeks ago. We traveled with my family of 5, and my sisters family of 3. We had connecting rooms. Since we could only book 4 people to a cabin, we added my daughter to my sisters room. All 5 of us ended up sleeping in one room (2 adults, and kids 7,3,2.) We didn't have a problem with space at all.

We did 5 to an inside cabin on Sensation for our first cruise.

Agree with the above person-- you will not be sleeping with your honey-- its just no room

the two lower beds will be under the upper bed giving you the floor space for the roll away.

Do not live out of suit cases...up pack everything and store the empty under the beds. Put dirty clothes in the empty suit case

We used two over the door shoe holders. Keep everything off the one vanity table--once the cabin gets disorganized it will close in around you.

we saved over 700. putting us all in one room. price it out because sometimes it was only 200 more to take the two cabins.

not all ships allow 5 to a cabin.

Some ships also have a balcony cabin connection to an inside--

The Grand Suite on Fascination with the extended balcony was fantastic with 5. A TON of room, and not that expensive, relatively speaking ($480 per person for 5 days when we went last October). It was WAY WAY WAY worth it. The extended balcony is about 170 square feet with total privacy...we lived out there the whole time.

We did 5 to a room on my 2nd cruise. It worked for me at the time, but even though I'm always on a budget, I will make room in the budget to not have to do this again. It wasn't horrible, but having 2 rooms would be worth it to me. It was very tight. Good thing all 5 of us got along well.

If you do this on the Triumph, I would recommend getting an oceanview room. Those are tremendously larger than the interiors, and it will make a huge difference. No bunks over the heads of the main beds, as the bunk is over the sofabed. The addition of a trundle will take away a lot of the floor space, but there will still be some, unlike with the interiors, where all the floor space would be gone. I would probably do 4 or 5 in a room the size of Triumph's OVs, if the savings were enough.

• 2 months later...
Will they allow 5 in a cabin designed for 4??? Specifically the Spirit class??? We are a family of 5, with 2 adults, a teen and 2 toddlers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

No, they won't. Those are too new to have been grandfathered in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk