EDGE - Mobile Tour

eroller

I've been reading about the 3D Edge Mobile tour that is making its way around the country. It kicks off on March 29 in Sonoma, CA. The information states that consumers, media, and travel professionals will all experience the mobile tour.

So my question is how do you get invited?

Attached is a link with details:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/mobile-tours/

When I first read about the mobile tour I called Captain's Club to find out about an invitation. The rep put me on hold for a bit, then came back to say the event is open to the public.

Big bummer for me is that initially the tour included Cleveland, but when I checked yesterday it was missing from the schedule:loudcry::(.

Several things have changed since the tour was first published. I am planning on going to the Long Island tour on 5/16, if it stays on the schedule.

I envision this working similar to a ride at Disney World. You wait, then there is a "holding pen" where they play some videos, and then a large group is herded into a theater type space where a brief video presentation is made.

I have no real idea of course, but that's just what I am expecting.

Several things have changed since the tour was first published. I am planning on going to the Long Island tour on 5/16, if it stays on the schedule.

I envision this working similar to a ride at Disney World. You wait, then there is a "holding pen" where they play some videos, and then a large group is herded into a theater type space where a brief video presentation is made.

I have no real idea of course, but that's just what I am expecting.

Kind of like this..?

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/celebrity-to-show-off-new-celebrity-edge-mobile-cinema-tour

If it's open to the public which I think is great, where do you find details? I've seen cities and dates listed, but not specific times and addresses.

Ok I just went back to my original link and I see addresses and times have been added for certain cities. I guess these are added as they become known or closer to the date.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Disappointed - metro Detroit seems to have been dropped from the list.

Same for Cleveland. I keep hoping it's just a matter of confirming a different venue than the one on the original schedule.

We went to Concord this morning. Different venues host it. This happened to be AAA. We were scheduled for 11AM and had to make reservations. There are 90 or 91 seats in the mobile unit. All would be good. It was running late (or this is how it usually is). We signed in and were given a form to complete (for the daily prize and the future cruise drawing). There was an area with a gentlemen taking pictures and giving you the background you desired (about 8 places Celebrity visits, Rome, the Caribbean, etc) No charge and they are to email the pictures. Before we entered the line we were offered bottles of water or Martinelli apple cider (in a nice Celebrity glass ours to keep). About 15 minutes late we entered the mobile unit. They were popping popcorn and the smell outstanding. A Celebrity rep gave a short talk (less than a minute) describing what was to happen. Popcorn delivered. And then the movie. The first part beautiful views of the many ports C visits and followed by the design ambassador Nate Berkus and lead designer of the staterooms Kelly Hoopen describing basically their thoughts and what they did. There were different scenes of the ship than I have seen on my computer. Three people were winners of small bags containing something. We had walked up to get to our seats. We then left going down the stairs. The screen was the entire length of the front of the unit. The seats comfortable. The entire production nice, as we love Celebrity. It was a 45 minute drive for us but we also went to a favorite restaurant for lunch. An enjoyable morning but I can see some not thinking it was worth it. We also got a small bag with some information on cruises etc which might have been from AAA. I was expecting a big sell from AAA but there wasn't one. Hope this helps.

So it's not the VR space where you walk through a cabin? I might go anyway, but the Big Question I want answered is whether my S3 has a bed facing the ocean or the TV...

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

We went to Concord this morning. Different venues host it. This happened to be AAA. We were scheduled for 11AM and had to make reservations. There are 90 or 91 seats in the mobile unit. All would be good. It was running late (or this is how it usually is). We signed in and were given a form to complete (for the daily prize and the future cruise drawing). There was an area with a gentlemen taking pictures and giving you the background you desired (about 8 places Celebrity visits, Rome, the Caribbean, etc) No charge and they are to email the pictures. Before we entered the line we were offered bottles of water or Martinelli apple cider (in a nice Celebrity glass ours to keep). About 15 minutes late we entered the mobile unit. They were popping popcorn and the smell outstanding. A Celebrity rep gave a short talk (less than a minute) describing what was to happen. Popcorn delivered. And then the movie. The first part beautiful views of the many ports C visits and followed by the design ambassador Nate Berkus and lead designer of the staterooms Kelly Hoopen describing basically their thoughts and what they did. There were different scenes of the ship than I have seen on my computer. Three people were winners of small bags containing something. We had walked up to get to our seats. We then left going down the stairs. The screen was the entire length of the front of the unit. The seats comfortable. The entire production nice, as we love Celebrity. It was a 45 minute drive for us but we also went to a favorite restaurant for lunch. An enjoyable morning but I can see some not thinking it was worth it. We also got a small bag with some information on cruises etc which might have been from AAA. I was expecting a big sell from AAA but there wasn't one. Hope this helps.

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for the description. Looking forward to taking my mom so she can look forward to our cruise in 2 years :)

Couple questions for those that have attended...

- Once you RSVP'd is there a confirmation e-mail or do you just show up hoping you're on the list?

- I beleive the Long Beach stop is open to the Public, but the RSVP form asks for an agency. If you are not with an agency, what do you put in the "Agency" box when RSVPing?

I signed up on-line for this Saturday in Westlake Village, Ca. For the TA, I put in the normal agent we use. I got a confirmation that my request was received, but not an official notice that we can attend. There are two time slots, 3 to 5 and 5 to 7.

We went to the stop today in San Francisco. Pretty much the same as what the above poster said.

We were the last screening of the day and it was starting to rain so they were putting away the outside tents. We didn't rsvp. - There were five total people for our screening. They had us fill out a raffle ticket, gave us some water (no celebrity glasses for us to keep), and popcorn, then shuffled us into the theatre.

They have a nice trailer with comfy seats. Presentation is half an hour. It's the same ten minute video that can be seen online so no new info on the ship. Then roughly a twenty minute video/talk with Brent Nixon about the coral reefs, which was well done and informative. No giveaways like the previous poster said; could be location specific.

The "gift" bag only had some brochures, celebrity branded chapstick, and a $25 gift card to some ticketing site I've never heard of.

Overall I'd say if you were planning to drive a long-ish distance to attend, you may want to think twice. But we live up the street so it was fine.

We went to the stop today in San Francisco. Pretty much the same as what the above poster said. We were the last screening of the day and it was starting to rain so they were putting away the outside tents.

What had been in the outside tents? Anything that would have been interesting?

What had been in the outside tents? Anything that would have been interesting?

I can't be for sure, but I drove by earlier in the day and it looked to be just fold up tables, buckets with bottled water, and boxes of the gift bags. They were pop-up canopies (not tents like I mentioned), so nothing crazy.

I signed up on-line for this Saturday in Westlake Village, Ca. For the TA, I put in the normal agent we use. I got a confirmation that my request was received, but not an official notice that we can attend. There are two time slots, 3 to 5 and 5 to 7.

Thanks! Signed up again because I didn't get a confirm.