Snacks in Lounges

mitchmagi

Contemplating trying Oceania ... are the 'cocktail' snack offerings in the lounges similar to that which Royal offers in their Concierge Lounge / Celebrity offers in Sky Lounge ?

Does Oceania offer any cocktail / evening snacks in any other lounges ( preferably one with a view ? )

In the bars they offer nuts.pretzels etc during happy hour after that they do have some small nibbles if you ask

Horizons is the only lounge/bar with a view

Concierge & executive lounges on the O class ships offer cookies. mini sandwiches.small pastries & non alcoholic drinks

Contemplating trying Oceania ... are the 'cocktail' snack offerings in the lounges similar to that which Royal offers in their Concierge Lounge / Celebrity offers in Sky Lounge ?

Does Oceania offer any cocktail / evening snacks in any other lounges ( preferably one with a view ? )

First I know where your coming from... the mass market hype of providing special recognition for special people for $$$$ the faux elite I call it....like I am a "Neptune's Darling" " Royal elite" classes....

O is is different type ship where everyone is treated as important....no silly games, titles, special lounges to get away from the rabble....because on O their is NO rabble.:rolleyes:

On Oceania they dont have a "faux class system" they serve in all bars excellent canapes ,nuts,chips....to all passengers not "snakcks"

To me the Concierge & executive lounges are a waste. No view, just a room. You can go up to the pool deck in the coffee shop and get the same thing with a view and fresh air.

Feel the same way.

Feel the same way.

Glad to hear that. This is our first time on O and I'm glad there is no class system - I am happy to enjoy what O offers without being segregated because I did or didn't pay for a more expensive cabin.

On our first Oceania cruise we booked an inside cabin. The first time I picked up tender tickets in the lounge I thought I'd have to wait for "priority" passengers to take the first few shuttles. Not so, they told me: everyone's treated the same, and you're early, so you're first. Needless to say there have been several O cruises after that one, each extraordinary.

"First I know where your coming from... the mass market hype of providing special recognition for special people for $$$$ the faux elite I call it....like I am a "Neptune's Darling" " Royal elite" classes...."

I enjoy the evening snacks ( or canapes if you will ;-) that Royal offers in their Concierge lounge during cocktail hour and trying to determine whether Oceania offers anything comparable ?

Their lounge is clearly a waste of time being inside with zero view - so don't see the point of that at all.

"First I know where your coming from... the mass market hype of providing special recognition for special people for $$$$ the faux elite I call it....like I am a "Neptune's Darling" " Royal elite" classes...."

I enjoy the evening snacks ( or canapes if you will ;-) that Royal offers in their Concierge lounge during cocktail hour and trying to determine whether Oceania offers anything comparable ?

Their lounge is clearly a waste of time being inside with zero view - so don't see the point of that at all.

Would make a great inside cabin.

I have not been on any of main stream line with the ship in a ship special decks but no Oceania does not have that special restaurant for those that are special

You can get a PH or above suite & have canapes delivered daily by the butler

You can dine in your suite course by course if you choose in those suites

• 2 weeks later...
You can have canapés delivered to your cabin too! Especially nice if you have a balcony and your own wine available!

Is this for all categories of cabins? Also, if you have the "premium" drink package, can you order a drink through room service to go with the canapes?

Thanks

You can have canapés delivered to your cabin too! Especially nice if you have a balcony and your own wine available!

There is a cheese platter on the Room Service menu, but if you are talking about proper canapés, they are only available an an extra charge to cabin guests.

Not the same for a Suite.

Oceania have House select package (wine & beer ) during lunch & dinner ) with meals I believe room service is included

Prestige select package = any drink ( some exceptions apply) any time, anywhere including room service

As for Canapes only seen them for PH & top suites

you could order some snack type food from room service in the lower cabin categories

check the room service menu in the cabin

Edited by LHT28

Oceania have House select package (wine & beer ) during lunch & dinner ) with meals I believe room service is included

Prestige select package = any drink ( some exceptions apply) any time, anywhere including room service

As for Canapes only seen them for PH & top suites

you could order some snack type food from room service in the lower cabin categories

check the room service menu in the cabin

Thanks for the clarification. The cheese platter looks great. I do NOT consume alcohol but my other half enjoys a drink before dinner. My concern about before dinner drinks is how hectic does the Happy Hour get? A pre dinner drink for us is about an hour's maximum before dinner. Question, do the bars offer nibbles with a drink order?

Happy Hour s great but if it is too early, no t worth it!

Thanks for the great information.

Thanks for the clarification. The cheese platter looks great. I do NOT consume alcohol but my other half enjoys a drink before dinner. My concern about before dinner drinks is how hectic does the Happy Hour get? A pre dinner drink for us is about an hour's maximum before dinner. Question, do the bars offer nibbles with a drink order?

Happy Hour s great but if it is too early, no t worth it!

Thanks for the great information.

Happy hour is from 5-6 pm

Dining venues open at 6:30pm

Yes they serve nibbles (pretzels nuts etc..)

The bars can be busy or not just depends on your fellow shipmates & whether want a drink at the same time

You can always take a bottle of spirits & make your own drink in your cabin if you choose

You can always take a bottle of spirits & make your own drink in your cabin if you choose

As long as it stays in the cabin, that is fine,

but not to be transported into a Lounge or the Dining Room, please.

Wouldn't want Oceania to regret treating us like responsible adults.

As long as it stays in the cabin, that is fine,

but not to be transported into a Lounge or the Dining Room, please.

Wouldn't want Oceania to regret treating us like responsible adults.

Yes should have clarified

drink it in your cabin or balcony

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on 3 Oceania cruises, and never found the lounges (bars) to be unusually busy. The wait staff is usually very prompt and always bring in addition to the regular snacks (pretzels, nuts, chips) something special that the chef has whipped up. If one lounge seems to busy for you, go to another.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's really not true, the higher your suite level-the more perks you get. It's very low key, but you do get the perks on "O".

Very true!

Why does it matter so much to folks who are not in high suites. You get what you pay for.

We enjoy Happy Hour right after trivia, nice to bring your team along, or change for dinner and go later just before 6. Great way to meet others in a pleasant surrounding.

As for the concierge lounge a bonus but not a must. DH loves the newspapers there, I never know when I will rise in the morning and thus love to get my tea there even if DH is not yet awake. Room service is fine but do not want to be disturbed if sleeping in. However this is also available in Horizons.

There are also maps in the concierge lounge for ports and the attendant there is very helpful.