Recent Vow Renewals?

conandrob240

Wanted to do this for 50th anniversary on Anthem. Being told that there is only one vow renewal package available at $1195. And that only one location is available- some really bland meeting room. Does this sound right? ( only one option for package and location?) Has anyone done this on RCCL lately who can comment?

Wanted to do this for 50th anniversary on Anthem. Being told that there is only one vow renewal package available at $1195. And that only one location is available- some really bland meeting room. Does this sound right? ( only one option for package and location?) Has anyone done this on RCCL lately who can comment?

We have done a renewal of vows several times on Princess, never more than $495. On RCI we passed because the price was outrageous. Royal is now quoting in the RCI brochure $1195.

Here's the link.

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/Royal_Romance_Brochure_v6.pdf

Here's the link for comparison to Princess. The most expensive renewal of vows is $499.99 and includes two waffle robes (retail is about $80), a tour of the bridge (which I find fascinating) etc.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/romance/?zoom_highlight=renewal+vows

There is really no reason why RCI should be more than twice as much for less stuff.

Edited by SoCalTraveler
wrong link

Unless you want to have your vow renewal on the ship and nothing else will do, consider having your TA customize and arrange what you want at a port you visit. Here on Maui, for instance, getting married or renewing vows on the beach at sunset is VERY popular, and something like that won't cost you anywhere near $1,195.00.

After seeing the brochure, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how a vow renewal can cost that, when the only thing you're getting is someone there (just a staff person) to have you repeat your vows, four flowers, some chocolate strawberries, some digital photos, a piece of paper, and a bottle of bubbly.

Well, since we aren't sailing Princess, doing a vow renewal with them may prove to be rather difficult.;) NCL alos is $499 and while even that seems expensive, it is doable.

I agree that it seems ridiculous at $1195. You get almost nothing and it isn't even done by the Captain or some other memorable person like that. The room they are offering is pretty barren and all they decorate with is 2 pillars with a silk arrangement on top of each. I was told there was only 1 other booking on board- a wedding towards the beginning of the week so I don't think it is that.

I have gotten quotes around $100-1500 to do a simple ceremony on the beach in Nassau so I am not finding it cheaper.

In Port Canaveral, I have found a package with a nicely decorated beach, ceremony, and CD of ALL IMAGES FOR $400. I may just do this but Cocoa beach lacks the gorgeous blue of the Bahamas, of course.

Decisions, decisions But I know I am not giving RCCL $1200!

For our 25th a few years back we had our TA arrange a "do-it-yourself" Vow Renewal for us and our 25 guests for a fraction of the cost. We had a family member do the vows in a reserved ship lounge, followed by drinks/snacks immediately afterward and then a dinner for everyone in Portofino's. It was beautiful!

Our vow renewal was going to be small and our daughter in law can perform the ceremony-she is an ordained minister. Do you think RC I will rent us a conf rence rooms

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=426&faqSubjectName=Group+Reservations&faqId=4844

For our 25th a few years back we had our TA arrange a "do-it-yourself" Vow Renewal for us and our 25 guests for a fraction of the cost. We had a family member do the vows in a reserved ship lounge, followed by drinks/snacks immediately afterward and then a dinner for everyone in Portofino's. It was beautiful!

What does a "fraction of the cost" mean? Other than the dinner, what costs were involved?

We aren't particukarky religious so I don't care if it's an actual minister. It's actually for my parents. There will be 8 of us. I'd prefer one of us not do the ceremony. If we want ours, even DIY gets expensive because the photography is so high.

We paid for an hour of drinks & hors d'oeurves after the ceremony & my TA paid for the dinners as a perk. We had 2 "nearly professional" photographer friends as guests for pictures and one of my dear friends performed a song dedicated to us. One of our friends bought us flowers & we paid nothing for the room. A far cry for the RCI package cost.

Got it. Thanks. I'll be you the hors d'oeuvres and cocktails plus dinner were easily a few hundred, right? Add photography and even this sort of DIY winds up around $500!

We have dinner planned at the Grande so we are set with that. I'd prefer to not have any of us do the ceremony or the photography- really wanted someone else to do that. In any case, I've sent a note to events on Anthem asking to use a room for a small private anniversary celebration for 8 of us. lLt's see what they say and we'll go from there.

I could deck out the room with decorations and candles and we could all just tell them what they mean to us. There were some silk flowers at Michaels that would probably look nice (enough) in a photo

Edited by conandrob240

Got it. Thanks. I'll be you the hors d'oeuvres and cocktails plus dinner were easily a few hundred, right? Add photography and even this sort of DIY winds up around $500!

We have dinner planned at the Grande so we are set with that. I'd prefer to not have any of us do the ceremony or the photography- really wanted someone else to do that. In any case, I've sent a note to events on Anthem asking to use a room for a small private anniversary celebration for 8 of us. lLt's see what they say and we'll go from there.

I could deck out the room with decorations and candles and we could all just tell them what they mean to us. There were some silk flowers at Michaels that would probably look nice (enough) in a photo

no lit candles... and even unlit may not make it through (unless this rule has changed)

Is anyone staying in a suite?

What is the itinerary?

So, they will allow a a few hours use off a very pretty conference room ( lots of large windows) for free. I may decorate however I want. They will set up a table or two with white linen and skirts plus arrange chairs how we'd like. I can bring in bottles of champagne that I purchase on board and a cake.

I am thinking about going an hour or two early and decorating the room. Having a few silk floral arrangements, colored flower petals on the floor, a white runner and some gold hanging balls or banners.

I booked this conf. Room for the actual day of the anniversary at the time they got married 50 years before.

I am debating having my husband just read a prepared vow ceremony and doing that right in the conf room maybe with a family sand ceremony. Just leave it at that but I have a backup vow renewal planned in the beach in Cocoa Beach. Trying to decide if I need to spend that extra $450 or if this Conf room plan on actual anniversary is enough.

Edited by conandrob240

We did a vow renewal at our home for our 35th. I am telling you this because of the ceremony itself. Our son lead it and prepared just a few words. We read something we had written from our hearts to each other. Our three daughters each had a part a part. One read a poem, one some bible verses and the other sang to a back up tape. Our son in laws said a prayer. Each one had a small part and it was so touching. Just family ( and friends if they are sailing with you) makes it more intimate and special.

I think it's great RCL will give you a place to do it. Take your silk flowers and get a cake on board and top the event with a meal in a speciality restaurant. Have family take a tripod for family pics and you have saved a lot of money and still have a great memory. If it's on formal night you can have the ship photographers take some shots of everyone dressed up with their backdrops.

They are not the "say your own vows types" ;) but I like everything else. I can prepare a simple ceremony for them from ones I see on-line. My husband can read it. I think I am just going to do it myself. The $1200 option is out. My consideration now is $450 for a beach ceremony in Cocoa beach which includes decorated beach walkway, minister, full CD if 1 hrs worth of photos, sand ceremony and shell ceremony. This would be a few days before the anniversary. The day of, I could still do the conf room decorated but it would be just a little party rather than the renewal.

Edited by conandrob240

We did ours in 2007, on The Voyager, in the wedding chapel. It ran us $500.00. Our photos ran us as much as the service did. It was wonderful.. They had cake and a champagne toast for us.. It was more than we had imagined, but was perfect and beautiful...