Journey Transatlantic in autumn 2018 currently not bookable?!

muenchner

I hope not, I am booked on those two as well. Most likely some behind the scenes activity going on. Possible port changes, Inventory check? Hope for the best. Give it time to resolve, after all it is beyond our control.

From US website, last cruise showing is 7 nites starting Sept. 24 and next shown Nov. 24 from Miami so TA will get to Miami on Nov. 24 as previously scheduled. With this info, kind of guessing a charter at end of Sept 24 cruise and then rearranging up thru possibly TA. Hoping we leave Barcelona on schedule Nov. 7 as scheduled a River Cruise prior but, do have a 5 day leeway to get to Barcelona or wherever our TA departs from.

Just have to wait and see when the cruises are posted again.

This is the first I've heard of the transatlantic not being currently bookable. We're booked on the transatlantic and the Cuba cruise on 24th November as a b2b. I can cope with a change of date or itinerary, but I'm hoping it isn't a charter, because that will change everything for us. I'll be following this too!

Us too. Absolutely no interest on setting foot on Cuba. Land discoveries both old and new way of booking show same itinerary for TA. With bookable cruises ending with 9/24 sincerely believe the changes start there and may only affect TA start date. Hopefully longer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From US website, last cruise showing is 7 nites starting Sept. 24 and next shown Nov. 24 from Miami so TA will get to Miami on Nov. 24 as previously scheduled. With this info, kind of guessing a charter at end of Sept 24 cruise and then rearranging up thru possibly TA.

You mean 24th October.

Phil

Us too...

I do hope they are not taking the transatlantic home via Cuba, I've already lost my Caribbean islands on 24 Nov trip :(

Us too. Absolutely no interest on setting foot on Cuba. Land discoveries both old and new way of booking show same itinerary for TA. With bookable cruises ending with 9/24 sincerely believe the changes start there and may only affect TA start date. Hopefully longer.

It would be ideal for me if they made the transatlantic a few days longer and called at some of the islands we're missing. I've never been to Cuba before, so I'm really excited about that, but some other Caribbean islands in addition would be great.

Land Discoveries is a real mess at least for San Juan where more excursions were promised by Bonnie. The new booking site now shows just 1 excursion that can be booked, the old booking site shows the same single Cheese tour for booking yet the downloadable brochure available from the old booking site now shows 3, yes 3 San Juan excursions that are available.

Fully understand we are over a year away from the cruise and other changes may be in the offing and that Land Discoveries needs to work excursions in sequence but, obviously they are NOT doing that since they have updated the downloadable brochure twice in the past week or so, the old booking site once and the new site not at all. This means they are working on the TA but, because of the completely convoluted web site with multiple ways to book and show excursions, they are NOT savy enough to change all of the booking/showing sites and creating a hodge podge of where does one look for the correct excursion information.

And, the longer they do this the more convoluted and confusing the excursions will become. And, pretty sure ours is not the only cruise this is happening on so a complete relook at all the future cruises will need to be performed thus further delaying updates. What a confusing MESS!!!!!

Land Discoveries is a real mess at least for San Juan where more excursions were promised by Bonnie. The new booking site now shows just 1 excursion that can be booked, the old booking site shows the same single Cheese tour for booking yet the downloadable brochure available from the old booking site now shows 3, yes 3 San Juan excursions that are available.

Fully understand we are over a year away from the cruise and other changes may be in the offing and that Land Discoveries needs to work excursions in sequence but, obviously they are NOT doing that since they have updated the downloadable brochure twice in the past week or so, the old booking site once and the new site not at all. This means they are working on the TA but, because of the completely convoluted web site with multiple ways to book and show excursions, they are NOT savy enough to change all of the booking/showing sites and creating a hodge podge of where does one look for the correct excursion information.

And, the longer they do this the more convoluted and confusing the excursions will become. And, pretty sure ours is not the only cruise this is happening on so a complete relook at all the future cruises will need to be performed thus further delaying updates. What a confusing MESS!!!!!

Way too early to worry about the Land Discoveries even if the itinerary was secured. I think we are all more concerned about the itinerary, the land discoveries will follow. As Ive posted on several threads, it comes right in the end but with all the changes that have been happening, and the fact that the initial land discoveries brochures can get loaded over two and a half years in advance, things can be not right or have to be changed. I believe it is only when it is four to six months pre cruise you should be getting angry and shouting about it, sorry.

Meanwhile lets concentrate on the more concerning issue, what is happening to these cruises that people have booked,

Way too early to worry about the Land Discoveries even if the itinerary was secured. I think we are all more concerned about the itinerary, the land discoveries will follow. As Ive posted on several threads, it comes right in the end but with all the changes that have been happening, and the fact that the initial land discoveries brochures can get loaded over two and a half years in advance, things can be not right or have to be changed. I believe it is only when it is four to six months pre cruise you should be getting angry and shouting about it, sorry.

Meanwhile lets concentrate on the more concerning issue, what is happening to these cruises that people have booked,

Mostly agree with you uktog. What has me shouting is the fact that by having 2 different booking methods plus a pdf brochure and piecemealing the updates, they are creating a huge amount of work to eventually make them correct when we get closer to the cruise and with a finite number of people on staff, that means other work will take longer or possibly will never be correct.

Bringing this up now so that hopefully Bonnie will report this back to the proper management so that they can work smarter and not have to duplicate their effort multiple times.

As to only the TA, am confident based on my research this morning that it will end in Miami on Nov. 24 and that it will begin someplace in Western Europe on or about Nov. 7.

Thanks for the comments

Fully understand we are over a year away from the cruise and other changes may be in the offing and that Land Discoveries needs to work excursions in sequence....

This is the only LD tour listed for for this port for our Quest transatlantic this November too.

Phil

My October 15, 2018 sailing on the Journey from Venice to Rome has disappeared as well as all October sailings on the Journey. I called the regular Azamara phone number as well as lcv number and they said "they are sold out". Not sure I believe this. Im very upset to say the least.

Julie

My October 15, 2018 sailing on the Journey from Venice to Rome has disappeared as well as all October sailings on the Journey. I called the regular Azamara phone number as well as lcv number and they said "they are sold out". Not sure I believe this. Im very upset to say the least.

Julie

The staff mostly do not know anything, or do not say anything. The system says bumped, and so it is passed on. We must wait and see. Patience is not my strength.

The staff mostly do not know anything, or do not say anything. The system says bumped, and so it is passed on. We must wait and see. Patience is not my strength.

I'm not patient either. I hope Bonnie responds soon!

I didn't see "bumped"??

Neither are the shown on the US site. Almost positive these cruises are being reworked probably dye to a charter and would expect to see them show up again next week or so.

My guess is its a rework to do more Cuba trips

My guess is its a rework to do more Cuba trips

Really hope you are incorrect. That would mean a lot of unhappy customers if Journey is returning to Miami early. Hoping for a charter and minor changes to the other affected cruises. Hope we see the results in less than a week.

There's already a bunch of Cuba cruises once the Journey comes back to the Caribbean. Let's hope they don't add more.

I love the uniqueness of this October 15th cruise so if there are going to be modifications to the ports I hope they're just as good as what I booked.

Believe you me, I would be gutted if it was an earlier departure and more Cuba trips - I ve already had 24th Nov changed to a Cuba trip and I want my TA as is........ time will tell

Believe you me, I would be gutted if it was an earlier departure and more Cuba trips - I ve already had 24th Nov changed to a Cuba trip and I want my TA as is........ time will tell

Sorry to hear you've already had changes once already. Very upsetting to say the least.

Julie

Hi tromvest, as I posted on the other thread you started:

"I apologize for mis-information. Our Fall 2018 voyages on the Journey are NOT sold-out. The webgurus are working on a few things. The voyages will be back online by next Friday I expect."