Onboard Preferences

MightyQuinn

We're completing our onboard preferences for our upcoming cruise. For the initial in-suite beverage setup, we'd like Grey Goose Vodka and Pyrat XO Reserve Rum but neither is on the list available online. Would there be any additional charge for these? Is there any benefit to doing this in advance or could we just ask our stewardess once we're onboard?

I don't know about the rum, but Grey Goose is complimentary. We just returned from the Sojourn. I had asked for Baileys and also wanted Grey Goose as my second bottle, and since it was not on the form I figured I would ask my stewardess for it when we got on. There were actually 2 bottles of Bailey's waiting for us in the suite. I asked to swap one out for a Grey Goose, and she told us to keep both Bailey's and she would bring us a bottle of Grey Goose, which she did. Then, I ordered a Hendricks gin and tonic on the pool deck, and they had to go get a bottle from another bar. Dariusz then asked my suite number and had a bottle of Hendricks sent to my suite. I tried to have the stewardess exchange it for the Grey Goose, but she said to keep them both. Anything we did not open would be returned to supplies. As it turns out, we went through the Bailey's and the Hendricks, and ended up leaving the unopened bottle of Grey Goose, to be returned.

Good score, CLOU. Maybe we'll do likewise and request something from the list in advance and then do some swapping once onboard. Nice to know GG is without surcharge. Capri, thanks for the tip about quietly giving any leftovers back to the stewardess for the crew. But truth be told, we rarely have half-empty or unopened bottles ...

We have made a note of alternative requests (Bombay Sapphire and Johnnie Walker, so nothing too exotic, but neither on the list at the time) in the 'notes' section on the preferences list (near the beer!) and on one occasion they were in our suite on embarkation, on another the stewardess was very apologetic that she would not be able to exchange the unwanted bottle of Bourbon for our desired alternative until we had sailed as all the bottles were 'in bond' until then! By the evening it had been changed, and the refrigerator was regularly topped up with tonic water and we were very happy. We tend to prefer a drink in the Observation Lounge but sometimes a G&T while bathing or dressing before dinner was just the job!

Just write in what you want. I LOVE Diet Dr. Pepper and never believed it would be available via Seabourn so on my first cruise I brought on a 12 pack. I am sure I could have done without it, but was okay with picking up a 12 pack on arrival in FLL. I have no idea if it was a coincidence but on my next Seabourn cruise, which was departing Istanbul I had already prepared myself that DDP would not be available and was okay with that, but thankfully it was! I was ecstatic! I will never know if they brought it just for me, but I quite enjoyed it everyday. I even asked for it one morning with room service breakfast. The steward was quite pleased that he found 2 cans.

My other fave is Diet Ginger Ale which I prefer on rough sea days in the morning. Again, I was worried that it wouldn't be readily available so I stopped and picked up a twelve pack. DGA was available on the ship, though not always convenient in every venue. I ordered a DGA one morning in the MDR and they went frantically looking the ship for it, but once it was noted in my profile they were easily able to acquire it and apologized while they searched the ship for it in any venue that I may request it. :)

I haven't seen Pyrat rum on a Seabourn ship as a standard beverage, so that one should definitely be requested well in advance. In the past, I have requested Barbancourt Rum and they were not able to acquire it. Seabourn is rather weak in its complimentary rum and tequila options.

We're completing our onboard preferences for our upcoming cruise. For the initial in-suite beverage setup, we'd like Grey Goose Vodka and Pyrat XO Reserve Rum but neither is on the list available online. Would there be any additional charge for these? Is there any benefit to doing this in advance or could we just ask our stewardess once we're onboard?

The GG vodka should be a shoe in as thats one of their 'free' pours at the bars. I'm not sure about the Pyrat. For price comparisons I've been given (for 'free') Stoli Elit, Hendricks Gin, Patron Silver and a few others around that price range.

As you can see the Grey Goose was freely available in the Sky Bar

DSC_0120-X3.jpg

Id do requests ahead of time, as unless you're lucky enough to have Karl Eckl things, IMO don't seem to get done.

^ The glasses and cocktail snacks are masking which whiskies, but it looks like the tastes of everyone except the unreasonably picky would be happy with those other liquor choices.

I hear from whisky/whiskey drinkers that the choice is a good one.

For vodka drinkers, they usually have Ketel One and Belvedere available also.

I'm sure I've seen Stoli Elit also, but that would be on the payable list.

There's less choice in beers, so anyone who wants an unusual one would be wise to contact SB ahead of their cruise.

Ok now my last two posts have been about alcohol. I'd better shut up, I don't want people getting the wrong impression ;)

I hear from whisky/whiskey drinkers that the choice is a good one.

For vodka drinkers, they usually have Ketel One and Belvedere available also.

I'm sure I've seen Stoli Elit also, but that would be on the payable list.

There's less choice in beers, so anyone who wants an unusual one would be wise to contact SB ahead of their cruise.

Ok now my last two posts have been about alcohol. I'd better shut up, I don't want people getting the wrong impression ;)

You were Sussed long ago

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I can see from the pic that Glenfiddich is available but can anyone tell me if Highland Park Malt is included in the 'free' pours and whether we could get a bottle for our suite? I could live with Glenfiddich but prefer Highland Park you see.

Thanks for the info about alcohol selections. The pic of the Sky Bar was especially helpful - lots of choice even though I didn't spy Pyrat in the mix. We requested it on the onboard preferences form and we'll see what happens soon. It seems from the replies here that SB does an excellent job of accommodating passenger requests.

Absolutely Nigella

How's Monsieur shaping up for the trip?

Monsieur is looking forward to it, but he's been trying to lose some weight recently which has caused serious grumpiness. He only needs to lose about half a stone, I really don't know what all the fuss is about!

Anyway, I showed him Emperor Norton's photo of the Sky Bar and reminded him that there's not long to wait now. He even said he may have a teeny sip of NF at the sailaway party. Hopefully he'll be seeking out the Head Sommelier very soon afterwards to acquire the wine list and put a decent package together! :eek:

Monsieur is looking forward to it, but he's been trying to lose some weight recently which has caused serious grumpiness. He only needs to lose about half a stone, I really don't know what all the fuss is about!

Anyway, I showed him Emperor Norton's photo of the Sky Bar and reminded him that there's not long to wait now. He even said he may have a teeny sip of NF at the sailaway party. Hopefully he'll be seeking out the Head Sommelier very soon afterwards to acquire the wine list and put a decent package together! :eek:

We were drinking Louis Roederer Crystal on the Legend last month,with the club discount it is good value.

We were drinking Louis Roederer Crystal on the Legend last month,with the club discount it is good value.

And that is precisely what will be consumed on Sojourn on New Year's Eve by the Nigella party. If they have any left !

The GG vodka should be a shoe in as thats one of their 'free' pours at the bars. I'm not sure about the Pyrat. For price comparisons I've been given (for 'free') Stoli Elit, Hendricks Gin, Patron Silver and a few others around that price range.

As you can see the Grey Goose was freely available in the Sky Bar

DSC_0120-X3.jpg

Id do requests ahead of time, as unless you're lucky enough to have Karl Eckl things, IMO don't seem to get done.

Oh my, does he get things done! Met him in an elevator; he caught a hesitation in my voice when he asked how our cruise was going. It was day 2 and we were having an issue getting the two bottles we wanted. He got on his phone immediately and by the time we got back from dinner there they were.

Have been lucky to sail with him twice. Awesome guy!!!

Oh my, does he get things done! Met him in an elevator; he caught a hesitation in my voice when he asked how our cruise was going. It was day 2 and we were having an issue getting the two bottles we wanted. He got on his phone immediately and by the time we got back from dinner there they were.

Have been lucky to sail with him twice. Awesome guy!!!

On our first Seabourn cruise on the Legend, went to the MDR the first night and our waiter was a fellow named Karl Eckl. The service was so outstanding that we went back every night of the cruise to that station. The next to the last evening, I figured out that he was the Hotel Manager and was training the new servers. As we were leaving, he said that he would not be there for the last night of the cruise but everything would be fine. He was right.

On our first Seabourn cruise on the Legend, went to the MDR the first night and our waiter was a fellow named Karl Eckl. The service was so outstanding that we went back every night of the cruise to that station. The next to the last evening, I figured out that he was the Hotel Manager and was training the new servers. As we were leaving, he said that he would not be there for the last night of the cruise but everything would be fine. He was right.

What a lovely story

I have been served by Karl when he was a waiter,then assistant Maitre d' then Maitre d' then restaurant manager and now Hotel director.

What an asset he is to Seabourn.

What a lovely story

I have been served by Karl when he was a waiter,then assistant Maitre d' then Maitre d' then restaurant manager and now Hotel director.

What an asset he is to Seabourn.

A good organization is one which allows talented staff to grow their careers within the business.