Renting Boston Whaler/Motor boat

mitsugirly

Just wrote up my experience with Blue Hole Watersports- we did Castle Harbour and St. George during a 4 hour rental. Totally worth it!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46985281#post46985281

Thanks for the info and link. Holy crap the boats there are expensive! :eek: $350 for 4 hours! :cool: Ours was only going to be $170 from H2O had we rented for the full 4 hours the day we went.

Any other suggestions?

If you do rent from Blue Hole check out the caves @ Grotto bay .:D

Link =

That reminds me of a place I wanted to go to in Cozumel on an excursion.

I assure this is on "land", not getting to it by boat right?

Is this located right there where you rent the whalers from Blue Hole? Looking at the map, it says Blue Hole is located at Grotto Bay.

Is there a charge for this? Do you have to have reservations? Is it a "tour" that you have a guide with? More info please....:D

Link =

I thought this was only for guests of the Grotto Bay resort ? People who are not staying there were not allowed to go ? Has this changed or is it OK since you rented a boat ? I'd love to see this !

Hi,

We are renting from KS Watersports in Hamilton. It is a short walk from the ferry and we pass a grocery store along the way. (I've mapped it out via Google earth) I hope to pick up lunch to take with us. The only thing that is a little nerve wracking (I know you'll appreciate this, being a planner as well!) is that we have a 9:30 rental--we need to be there at 9am and the only ferry we can take is a 7:30 from the Dockyard. If we miss that then I guess we can either taxi it or take a bus. I'm a little nervous that we'll oversleep (no kids on this vacation!). We are renting a pontoon boat for 2 couples. I don't know exactly where we are going to go from Hamilton, but I will report back at the end of the month!

Amy

Hi,

We are renting from KS Watersports in Hamilton. It is a short walk from the ferry and we pass a grocery store along the way. (I've mapped it out via Google earth) I hope to pick up lunch to take with us. The only thing that is a little nerve wracking (I know you'll appreciate this, being a planner as well!) is that we have a 9:30 rental--we need to be there at 9am and the only ferry we can take is a 7:30 from the Dockyard. If we miss that then I guess we can either taxi it or take a bus. I'm a little nervous that we'll oversleep (no kids on this vacation!). We are renting a pontoon boat for 2 couples. I don't know exactly where we are going to go from Hamilton, but I will report back at the end of the month!

Amy

I looked into KS but it seemed like they were a little high? They also require a $500 deposit on equipment when you arrive (hold on the card) until you return it. :confused:

Please do return and let me know how things went.

We are renting from H20. A 17th ft. motorboat. 180.00.

Right now they have a special if you rent for 5 hours you only pay for 4. :)

I'm looking for a place OTHER than Somerset area. ;) We already rented from H2O and can't go to the Hamilton/St George area renting from there. :)

I have rented a few times from Aquatic Bermuda in Hamilton. You pick up the boat at Barr's Bay Park. I liked exploring the all of Harbour, the Paradise Lake area, and over by riddel's and Jew's Bays.

http://www.aquaticbermuda.com/boat_rentals.htm

http://www.bermuda-attractions.com/bermuda2_000122.htm

I did find Aquatic online the other day when I started looking. Their website looked like a kid designed it so I got a little worried. LOL

Tell me about your experience renting from them.

I just looked up that area. Are there any beaches to go to? Any snorkeling you can do in the area? Any islands to stop at? I'm not seeing much like there is in the St George area/bay so just wondering.

So can anyone tell me how you actually GET to Blue Hole? Do you take a ferry over to Hamilton and then a bus? Or a ferry over to St George and then a bus? Or does a bus even run over there? Or do you have to get a cab? :confused:

Not surprisingly, their website provides directions:

http://www.blueholebermuda.com/#!map/c1tib

I spent some time on their page last night and I did finally run across the directions after posting this. But, it was too late to edit the post. Oh well.

So what would everyone suggest on which would be the best way to go? Hamilton or St Geroge Ferry?

I was reading on one of the sites for rentals that it was only a 20 minute ride to St George on the Ferry. I knew from reading and from doing it a few weeks ago that it's more like a 50 min ride on the ferry from the dockyard to St George.

Then I see on Blue Holes site it mentions the "fast ferry". What is that?

I spent some time on their page last night and I did finally run across the directions after posting this. But, it was too late to edit the post. Oh well.

So what would everyone suggest on which would be the best way to go? Hamilton or St Geroge Ferry?

I was reading on one of the sites for rentals that it was only a 20 minute ride to St George on the Ferry. I knew from reading and from doing it a few weeks ago that it's more like a 50 min ride on the ferry from the dockyard to St George.

Then I see on Blue Holes site it mentions the "fast ferry". What is that?

It take about 45 minutes to get to St. George. I timed it last week. That was on the fast ferry which is the only ferry they are running from the Dockyard to St. George. Twenty minutes is the time to Hamilton to from the Dockyard on a fast ferry. Picture below of the Rhode Island, fast ferry to St. George. Photo taken at Penno's Wharf St. George.

4d8f1a1bb4ae38a686f84a98a0eceec3.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

Paradise Lake is a collection of little islands and coves in the Great Sound. there are numerous "little" beaches, but nothing really big. There are certainly areas to snorkel around and many sites to take in. Also Hamilton Harbour is interesting as both a working port and spot to see the yacht clubs and hotels and houses.

4989_91867090757_7834123_n.jpg?oh=675c91d45085730eccf2b31400058b83&oe=56312BEE

4989_91867095757_657970_n.jpg?oh=ed0b2237c28ec30627d9592697f0f0c5&oe=565C336B

4989_91867100757_2788876_n.jpg?oh=506ae7a2388d4769d292f46e404fbd8e&oe=56241A45

4989_91867105757_91027_n.jpg?oh=d1697e54ae8d2ebfb5f207dba9ed7130&oe=5614E42D

Aquatic Bermuda was great to deal with, very professional, and I have rented their larger pontoon boat a few times. There are a couple of markets within walking distance of Barr's Park, especially Miles Market, to stock up on supplies.

Link =

I thought this was only for guests of the Grotto Bay resort ? People who are not staying there were not allowed to go ? Has this changed or is it OK since you rented a boat ? I'd love to see this !

biker??? Any comments regarding this?

It looks like none of these places rent jet skis either (Blue Hole or Watersports or Aquatic). Hmmm, that's weird. I wonder why. :confused:

I guess that would leave me with the only option for rental (if we were to decide to get jet skis and a boat) would be KS Watersports. Unless anyone else knows of another place.

It looks like none of these places rent jet skis either (Blue Hole or Watersports or Aquatic). Hmmm, that's weird. I wonder why. :confused:

I guess that would leave me with the only option for rental (if we were to decide to get jet skis and a boat) would be KS Watersports. Unless anyone else knows of another place.

Possibly jet skiing is not allowed in the areas where they are located.

That can't be it if KS rents them from 3 locations (Sandy's, St George and Hamilton).

Will KS take you inside Castle Harbour? I am thinking of Blue Hole which is located inside Castle Harbour. There might be an issue because of the reserve areas. Or perhaps Grotto Bay does not want Jet Ski rentals on their beach. I never heard of the other company, Aquatic.

Edited by Charles4515

Will KS take you inside Castle Harbour? I am thinking of Blue Hole which is located inside Castle Harbour. There might be an issue because of the reserve areas. Or perhaps Grotto Bay does not want Jet Ski rentals on their beach. I never heard of the other company, Aquatic.

I'm not sure. I'm having a heck of a time finding even a boat that fits us all. It seems like most of the jet ski and bigger boat rentals (pontoon) are all located over by Sandys area. :(

I did email KS though to see.

The only company I can find with a pontoon that will fit all 10 of us is this Aquatic Bermuda place. They have one that will fit up to 12 people, but it looks like they are right there by the Hamilton Ferry, which I would imagine that you can't get over to Castle Harbour from there. Ugh :o

Yes for Aquatic Bermuda you will be staying in Hamilton out to the west. But there is a ton to see in the harbor and islands, and then if you are doing the 4 hours, you can make it out to Sandys and get under the bridge and see some of the western shore.