QG drinks question

Jayneykul

Can anyone help me with a question about what drinks you can have in your stateroom in QG? (Apologies most of my posts are about drinks I am partial to a snifter!) on a video on YouTube of a Q4 room the person making the film says you can choose 2 different drinks and shows a bottle of rum and a bottle of gin? I was hoping for more choice than that. Does anyone know what the policy is?

There's gin, whiskey, vodka, rum, brandy, wine, Bailey's and I understand you may order something else at a supplement.

Brandy isn't on the list, but my husband asked and Courvoisier was provided free of charge.

Edited by cruiseluvva

Can anyone help me with a question about what drinks you can have in your stateroom in QG? (Apologies most of my posts are about drinks I am partial to a snifter!) on a video on YouTube of a Q4 room the person making the film says you can choose 2 different drinks and shows a bottle of rum and a bottle of gin? I was hoping for more choice than that. Does anyone know what the policy is?
you will get a list but ask your butler (kindly) and the possibilities are much greater.

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/01_mini_bar

from the help pages on the website. Looks like the first set up is free, then chargeable.....

Lucky you in QG....I can dream..

Except once, we have never had any issue about a QG cabin being stocked with what we asked for. Getting it refilled is eased by a friendly request to the Butler who we always tip on arrival, and then get the standard cabin charge removed. The one difficulty was when the Butler said that there was no more Dewars scotch - a popular and favorite brand. It turned out that there was more than one storeroom for liquor and it took a hotel manager to waive the policy of no inter storeroom transfers.

Thank you to everyone who has replied! I didn't mean having refills I just meant a choice of more than 2 as we like different things O/H likes gin and port I like vodka and brandy. We will tip our butler when we get onboard and probably at the end as well although this did not work out on a Celebrity cruise we went on last year the butler was truly awful!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify...if I ordered JW Black (which isn't on the list) would they deliver that as part of my mini bar set up bottle of spirits? I suppose the other bottle could be wine?

Also, would they provide a decanter and tumbler set? Or is that asking too much?

They may well charge you - but sometimes there seems to be a way ariund it - heaven only knows what it is though ;)

The JW Black is only $20 more than what is being offered as part of the QG list of whiskers. So I assume they might just charge the difference, which would be okay.

I don't suppose I could ask the Butler (as part of turn down) to pour a glass and set out my night wear so it's waiting for me when I retire for the evening?

Ha ha very good! What we would like is an aperitif (him gin me vodka) and a brandy before bed we will see what happens. The only time ever had a butler before was on Celebrity and it was a disaster. We have every intention of tipping the butler but are dubious about asking for the daily charge to be removed from the room as on another thread on here it was said the staff are told about this and we don't want to upset anyone

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/fleet/01_mini_bar

from the help pages on the website. Looks like the first set up is free, then chargeable.....

Lucky you in QG....I can dream..

Is this true that subsequent bottles are chargeable? When did this start? When I was in QG in '07 and '09, all the in-room mini bar bottles were complementary for the duration of the voyage.

Is this true that subsequent bottles are chargeable? When did this start? When I was in QG in '07 and '09, all the in-room mini bar bottles were complementary for the duration of the voyage.

Not true. The bottles/cans in the mini bar set up are replaced when required. No charge.