Azamara Hotels In Barcelona

sabbo55

Depends what you want really. I have been to Barcelona more than 60 times now....one of my favourite places in the world.

If you want to splash the cash then The Mandarin Oriental is more than lovely.

The Hotel Arts is one of my favourite five star hotels, with a great cocktail bar. It's on Barconoleta beach near Port Olympic.

The Eurostars Marina is lovely, very cutting edge modern and situated right next to the World Trade Centre berth which Azamara usually uses. You can almost touch the ship from the room balconies there.

The Olivia Plaza is mid range with a lovely garden and situated right on Plaza Catalunya. You have to be very comfortable with your travelling partner though as the bath is in the centre of your room!

The Avenida Palace is old school but is in the best location for us on Gran Via....tapas, shopping and dinner at Catchito's....it's maybe not the best location for you though.

The Meridien is just off The Ramblas and a good mid to high range option.

I have heard very good things about The Murmuri Hotel, it's one of my daughters favourites and she loves Barcelona too.

Friends of mine have recently stayed at The Mercer and raved about it...and they are not easily impressed! It is a bit outside the centre though, but peaceful and taxi's are reasonably priced in Barcelona.

I'm sure many others will have recommendations for you. Hope this helps.

Thanks so much!

This will be our first trip to Barcelona and with only one night we would prefer to error on the side of location as opposed to cost.

Now...what should we do with just one day??

I would take one of the HOHO bus routs and a second if you have time.

I second the HOHO bus tour in the morning but in the afternoon I would go to the magnificent Sagrada Familia, spend an hour here....buy tickets online before you go...and then get a taxi to the bottom of Las Ramblas, walk up the street towards Plaza Catalunya at the top and take in the street performers, La Boqueria Market and have a drink in Plaza Royale.

Others will have equally good suggestions for a day in wonderful Barcelona.

I would really recommend the " Hop on.....stay on" as we call the bus in Barcelona. You can do both routes in about 4 hours. Try to get the first bus for a good seat upstairs and you will get a wonderful taste of all Barcelona has to offer.

I agree with Lottie and would recommend the guided tour of Sagrade Familia you can book on line.

Then depending on your interests there is just so much to do.

I would keep Las Ramblas for late afternoon.

If you are getting on the ship the next day you can always book for the Gaudi Parc the next morning but you must do this in advance online particularly if you want an English guide. We found the guided tour very interesting.

However we also enjoy just wandering around the market and the old gothic part of Barcelona enjoying tapas, coffee and people watching.

My TA just got back to me; she said these are the current Azamara hotels:

Crowne Plaza Barcelona

Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona

Hotel Condes De Barcelona

Regina Hotel

Silken Gran Havana Hotel

Silken Diagonal Barcelona

Anyone have thoughts on these? Is there a benefit to stay in an "Azamara" hotel?

Looks like a lot to do in Barcelona, plus we would like to get in some walking and people watching too!

We are big fans of the HOHO buses also.

If the crowds lined up to embark are intimidatingly long, you can also think of taking one of the routes in the evening. When we did so, we had no crowds to contend with, less traffic and increasingly beautiful street scapes as the fountains were lit once the darkness rolled in. Magical!

As far as the advantages of using an Azamara

Hotel, you will have access to their transfers and also a consultant in the hotel (for a certain period) to help you plan your sightseeing.

The disadvantage is that, in our experience , you will pay more than if reserved privately.

In a city as tourist-friendly as Barcelona, we think you could easily develop your own arrangements and save the money. Particularly as the port is so handy.

However, if you prefer to let them provide services then their hotel(s) provide a good option.

Regardless, Barcelona is amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by nordski

Anyone have thoughts on these? Is there a benefit to stay in an "Azamara" hotel?

Yes, I can't imagine why it's relevant at all. Barcelona is a big city, with lots of hotels, many in the main tourist district, many slightly outside of it.

Taxis to the port are plentiful to the port, no matter where you stay. And the subway system is useable and will get you to many of the must-see sights.

We stayed at a nice mid-range hotel outside of the main tourist zone, walking distance to La Sagrada Familia. We often do this, so that we can get a sense of a real neighbourhood in such a city. If you're interested, it was the Europark.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Just one day? Not enough!

As many others have said, see the Sagrada Familia. If either of the towers is open (and you're not averse to heights), take the add-on tower visit. Spectacular views.

I recommend the Runner Bean Gaudi walking tour. It was great. Low-key, low-cost, high value, and lots of fun. We took the 11am tour, which ends at Sagrada Famila around 1:30pm. We pre-booked our Sagrada tickets for 2pm entrance, and the timing worked out perfectly.

http://www.runnerbeantours.com/barcelona-tours/free-walking-tour-gaudi/12

If you have energy for an evening adventure, check out the Palau de la Música ('palace of music', i.e., Symphony Hall). It was right around the corner from our hotel (Hotel Yurbban Trafalgar), and it happened there was a 9pm performance by a fabulous flamenco guitarist. The building itself is an architectural marvel, and tours are available.

Check the calendar and see if there's a performance on the night you're there:

http://www.palaumusica.cat/en

Edited by screen-gem

Does anyone have experience/recommendations for a pre cruise Azamara hotel in Barcelona.

Thanks

I've stayed at a few in Barcelona and my favourite so far has been the Eurostars Grand Marina. Invariably Azamara use the World Trade Centre Pier and the hotel occupies the same building. It's very close to a HoHo stop and you can actually walk a little way to La Rambla and the Gothic Quarter. It's modern and quite nice inside. This was the view I had from my room on the morning of the cruise.

IMG_1528_zpso1uy1doc.jpg

We liked the Grand Central. HoHo stop is just up the road

I've stayed there a few times and love the roof top bar, but of late it seems to have become so expensive. If you do choose it, stay on floor three or above otherwise you hear the subway trains late at night and early in the morning. It runs right below the hotel.

I've stayed at a few in Barcelona and my favourite so far has been the Eurostars Grand Marina. Invariably Azamara use the World Trade Centre Pier and the hotel occupies the same building. It's very close to a HoHo stop and you can actually walk a little way to La Rambla and the Gothic Quarter. It's modern and quite nice inside. This was the view I had from my room on the morning of the cruise.

IMG_1528_zpso1uy1doc.jpg

Wow that is close. Looks like you should walk onto the ship from your hotel.

Did you just cab on your own?

While not Azamara-specific, we loved Duquesa De Cardona. Conveniently located to the HoHo bus and the port. Great building with a nice rooftop terrace. Great service. A place we can't wait to get back to!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk