O'Sheehans - Menus?

DreamingBig1

O'Sheehans casual dining menu options haven't really changed much, if at all since its launch in 2013 - we only ate there once during our last sailing on a port day, and services were slow. We are going to try it again next month -

here's the link to all the BA dining menus.

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html - Bookmark it and share/pass it on and happy dining.

Here's the link to the O'Sheehan's expanded menu:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_breakaway_m_os.pdf

And if I'm reading it correctly, that means they have Guinness, but not on tap?? What? An Irish bar that serves Guinness in a can or bottle - say it isn't so! :confused: Oh, well...

And here's the link to the breakfast menu:

http://www.beyondships2.com/uploads/8/2/4/5/8245255/n_breakaway_m_os_break.pdf

Corned Beef Hash - sounds tasty! :)

Edited by Arizona Packer Backer

...And if I'm reading it correctly, that means they have Guinness, but not on tap?? What? An Irish bar that serves Guinness in a can or bottle - say it isn't so! :confused: Oh, well...

It takes a certain skill to pour a proper Guinness. I'm sure this is one of the many reasons why they go with the cans

It takes a certain skill to pour a proper Guinness. I'm sure this is one of the many reasons why they go with the cans

I know, I worked in restaurants for years. ;) But if you're a bartender who doesn't know how to pour Guinness, you should probably start looking for a different occupation. That's a pretty basic skill.

It's no biggie, I just find it a bit odd that an Irish bar doesn't serve Guinness Draught. (Says the Irish gal who lives a mile from a proper Irish pub! :D)

http://www.beyondships2.com/norwegian-breakaway-menus.html - Bookmark it and share/pass it on and happy dining.

Just to avoid confusion, I'd point out that the menus on that page for Manhattan, Taste and Savor are old. They were replaced about a year ago.

While we're on the subject of O'Sheehans (which I LOVE), does anyone know if the menu is the same in Blue Lagoon as it is in O'Sheehans?

I have sailed the Breakaway and Epic recently, but will be sailing on the Dawn and Star within the next year, so I was just wondering.

While we're on the subject of O'Sheehans (which I LOVE), does anyone know if the menu is the same in Blue Lagoon as it is in O'Sheehans?

I have sailed the Breakaway and Epic recently, but will be sailing on the Dawn and Star within the next year, so I was just wondering.

No, it isn't the same, but there are similar things. Blue Lagoon has things like wings and burgers. It doesn't have some things, like the Pot Pie for example.

Blue Lagoon did not have mozzarella sticks nor brownie sundae (awesome). I did not know what I was missing until I finally got on a ship with O'Sheehans.

Decade ago ( ... feeling old, LOL) Blue Lagoon on the Dawn had Singparpore Noodles, House Special (Yang Chow ??) Fried Rice in addition to the Wonton Soup (minus the noodles) ... then, those & other items started disappearing ... but the Wonton Soup remained (nothing to write "home" about or get excited, but it was part of the "comfort food" selections) There were more overall choices in general.

Times have changed, it's just a matter of time before NCL would rename O'Sheehans to ... ?? with the new CEO & senior management team settling in to project its own branding and images in redefining the new identity.

O'Sheehans casual dining menu options haven't really changed much, if at all since its launch in 2013 - we only ate there once during our last sailing on a port day, and services were slow. We are going to try it again next month -

Definitely try it again. I found it to be quite a different experience during breakfast or dinner than late night. Of course, there's also a different menu at those times.

We use o'Sheehans quite often for lunch and have always found the service to be reasonably good.

I don't think we have ever eaten there in the evening for our main meal. We have however found it quite good for those lazy days when you don't want to sit down for a proper meal. If we do that then we will eat at o'Sheehans mid afternoon and then maybe top up with something from the buffet later on. Again, at that sort of time the service has always been fine.

Thanks!

I am sailing the Star in December and from what I understand they are making the Blue Lagoon into a O'Sheehans.

I will be interested to find out if that is true. I DID LOVE the mozzarella sticks and corned beef sandwiches in O'Sheehans. I will miss them at the Blue Lagoon on the Dawn this October :(

We use o'Sheehans quite often for lunch and have always found the service to be reasonably good.

I don't think we have ever eaten there in the evening for our main meal. We have however found it quite good for those lazy days when you don't want to sit down for a proper meal. If we do that then we will eat at o'Sheehans mid afternoon and then maybe top up with something from the buffet later on. Again, at that sort of time the service has always been fine.

After looking at the menu we are really looking forward to trying it when we are on Jewel in April.

Closer to our forward cabin than the buffet or MDR so a good breakfast choice, and lunch on sea days.

Edited by NMLady

On our recent Epic cruise, they ran out of fried mozzarella sticks about halfway through the week. We were bumming because that was about the only thing there we enjoyed (after trying most everything previously.) I mean, it's nearly impossible to go wrong with fried cheese, right? Well, unless you run out.

It's a good place to grab a giant basket of fries and watch a game, or just people watch.

• 2 months later...