Things you glad you didn't forget to bring.....

IslandGrl411

I won't cruise without my popup hamper! Helps keep the room tidy and I don't have to keep pulling the suitcase out from under the bed to put things away. After cruise, I dump all the dirty clothes into a large garbage bag and when I get home I just throw it on top of the washer until I'm ready to do laundry. Works like a charm for 10 year now.:D

Great list...always reminds one..thank you op...

I save probably too long past due dates on some things..come on...most people do...but getting better...with make up things etc.

I need to NOT do that with sunscreen ..besides just the toss it earlier 6 mo warnings for everything bacterial...especially eye makeup...sunscreen looses its value...

New spf 50 and 90 for face etc...

New good aloe and skin moisturizer that will not sting. Separate kind for face if needed.

Aquaphor or vaseline for really really dry burned skin...after other good stuff...if older less of issue on face for pimples.

If really fair...nothing like your unprotected skin..I learned my first cruise..45 minutes on deck and absolutely lobster red arms...the wait staff all had empathy and jokes..sigh..the great white wahine......Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Besides things that have already been listed:

An over the door shoe hanger. I hang one on the bathroom door, and we can put all our "stuff" in the pockets that you would normally put a show into. I try to get the cheapest one I can, and just leave it in the cabin when I leave.

Post-it notes. Allows for leaving notes for just about anyone who might be in your cabin.

"Glow" sticks (found in the camping section at Walmart). I activate one each night and it makes for the perfect nightlight in the bathroom, but does not light up enough to disturb your sleep.

Highlighter - to highlight dailies if needed.

Besides things that have already been listed:

An over the door shoe hanger. I hang one on the bathroom door, and we can put all our "stuff" in the pockets that you would normally put a show into. I try to get the cheapest one I can, and just leave it in the cabin when I leave.

Post-it notes. Allows for leaving notes for just about anyone who might be in your cabin.

"Glow" sticks (found in the camping section at Walmart). I activate one each night and it makes for the perfect nightlight in the bathroom, but does not light up enough to disturb your sleep.

Highlighter - to highlight dailies if needed.

I love the glow stick idea! Thanks! :)

That's a good one.

I'm so glad I didn't forget to bring my wristwatch to sync with ship time and not island time.

Only carnival has ship time, well that i've been on. the others make you change time, which is a HUGE PITA!

I never use most of the stuff. I did wish I had a bottle for water last cruise, rather then keep getting cups, mainly because I never wanted to drink them after been left open in the room. I'll pack a water bottle for me next time.

I forgot shoes last cruise, not my frist time doing so, I hate shoes. didn't have bandaids, the shoes I did have hurt my feet.

as long as I have my camera, any thing else we can buy. We don't stress it.

Small bills for tips at the port, for room service, taxi drivers, etc.

OTC medicine. Nothing worse than needing something at night and everything closed and your medicine chest is at home.

Zip locks. Makes packing and unpacking easy and can be used for anything damp for the trip home.

I also swear by the shoe holder to organize and declutter.

I always bring Bonine, aloe, mini wrinkle release, mini febreeze, Advil, pens, sticky notes, zip locks in several sizes, a throw away underwater camera ( lol! I have two for my past two cruises I still need to develop!!) and I'd be horrified if I forgot a razor (actually, I'd just steal his! Lol!)

• 3 months later...

Extension chord

Baggies to take snacks off the ship (I know some people frown on this. Too bad.)

A couple of water bottles to refill before I get off the ship

cork screw for the wine I bring on board (legally)

small bills

credit card that doesn't charge for currency conversion (overseas trips)

Battery chargers for the items that have rechargeable batteries (camera, wife's e-reader, iPods, etc.). Sure, you can buy a lot of things you forget, like toothpaste, aspirin, etc., but a lot of rechargeable devices require specific chargers that aren't always easy to come by, especially in some ports.

Small magnetic dry erase board w/markers for messages, notes, reminders

Lanyard w/badge holder for kids for room keys (cost less if brought from home)

If you have older kids and cruising internationally, might consider European walkie talkies for on board communication, unless your sailing on Disney with waive phone availability or on cruises that offer app for texting on your own phones.

Extra pair of contacts/eyeglasses

Metamucil, Pepto, space blanket, special band aids made for blisters

Comfortable shoes that are already broken in.

A waterproof mac

Diarrhea medication (electrolyte powder and tablets)

Stain wipes

Plastic bags

'Fat trousers' for when I got food babies

Insect repellant

I just asked my hubby this question and he said he was glad he bought me :P

Gosh if I put together all the things everyone takes I'd have no room for shoes lol

I can't imagine that someone takes every item suggested by other cruisers. However, it doesn't hurt to have a list of suggested items to work from when packing. I learned, several cruises ago, to group related items together before packing. Swimming trunks with sunblock, sandals/water shoes. Suit with dress shirt, tie and dress shoes. Travel docs. with passports. Etc., etc. The reason for this is because I once did forget to pack a dress shirt. Oops! Hasn't happened since I learned to group related things together. ;)

Yes, a travel clock. Mine lights up when you touch it - very handy when waking up during the night and not knowing what time it is. It also resets very easily for those time changes announced by daily newsletter.

Also extra contacts and a pair of glasses. I once lost two sets of contacts while snorkeling and need the glasses for those days when my eyes are too sensitive.

Those and a credit card and passport are all I need. Everything else can be bought.