is it like air fare? is there a best day to check rates?

glentally

As to airlines, you will read conflicting opinions. The traditional advice was to check fares on Tuesday for price drops but that really applied in the days before computers and their constantly updated pricing algorithms took over. Now it's a matter of just continually checking or using a web site which notifies you of price changes. As to cruise prices, again it's a matter of checking continually or watching for a sale the terms of which appeal to your budget and price range.

Edited by joepeka

I heard Wednesday is the best day to check for low fares on planes. Anything like that on cruises?

Not really just keep checking every couple of days, they seem to have sales every couple of days.

Usually, you'll find lower prices during "off-peak" periods. One off-peak period is the (approximately) three week period between the end of Spring Break and the beginning of the summer cruises, which would be the first three weeks of May. Another off-peak period would be the weeks between the end of the Labor Day weekend through about the first week or so of October. We once found a really good price for a cruise in late September, too good to pass up. However, we knew that it was during hurricane season, and that the weather would be "iffy". It was a Western Caribbean cruise, and one of the scheduled ports was Grand Cayman. There were 10 to 12 foot swells the day we arrived, too risky for tender boats, and the captain deemed it too dangerous. As a result, the port was cancelled and we had an extra sea day. As a result, we had a slightly larger bar tab that day.:D

After final payment dates. if the ship is not full. If ship is full....NADA

If you take a week or two off and have a general idea of where you want to go....Caribbean.

Before the ships sails.........Month or so out PACK and GO rates which can be HUGE. You don't get to pick your cabin.......You book a category.

Still. We did that once. had a family huff. Decided to avoid DD until she saw that we were right. Called Carnival on Monday. Sailed on Saturday. On the Dream. Inside cabin on an upper deck by the elevator.

Wonderful cruise. Took our minds off of our woes.

went home.....DD had become much more willing to listen to us.

Lower rates FALL except for Thanksgiving When my Grand daughter is out of Sacred heart.........We will always sail in the Fall and the Spring. Much more bang for your buck. Fewer Children. And I love kiddies. Just not so many at once. Older demographic which I like. and LOW rates. That is the time to book early saver. In the FALL.

Weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas cruises still get to see the decorations. lovely

TWO weeks after New Years

weeks in MARCH except EASTER. April and May.

HIGH. Summer. SRPING break time. Holdiays.

OUR quick Dream Cruise...................Sailed for under $1000 for both. All taxes and fees. it may have been under $900 for both.

Edited by AmberTeka

i had amazing luck looking at about 1am cst, seems prices changed at that time. and again at 7am. not sure why. but I got a ton of OBC during that time, that would have dissapeared by normal operating hours (perhaps to keep people who book with TA's from getting the deal)

all of that was a mute point, since as soon as the pack and go rates hit for my sailing, prices dropped like a stone.