Finding most recent Roll Calls of cruises that have already sailed to S. Caribbean

lorenzod

Haven't used Cruise Critic Roll Calls in over a year and lots of things had changed. What I can't seem to find anymore is roll calls of cruisers that have already taken the cruise I am about to take that have already sailed . I always like to read how they liked their cruise to the same place I was going to in the future so I can see the communication of the roll call to see their likes and dislikes. I am not talking about the Review thread, I want to see the Roll Call thread. I know how to find the current thread but cannot figure out how to find the thread of the roll call that has just sailed to the same ship and places I am going to. Like I will be on the NCL Sun and we are going to the southern Caribbean. On the review page it only shows NCL Sun going to Alaska. I want to see Southern Caribbean roll call threads which will have sailed before the Alaskan cruise that went to the southern Caribbean.

Thanks,

Lorenzod

Haven't used Cruise Critic Roll Calls in over a year and lots of things had changed. What I can't seem to find anymore is roll calls of cruisers that have already taken the cruise I am about to take that have already sailed . I always like to read how they liked their cruise to the same place I was going to in the future so I can see the communication of the roll call to see their likes and dislikes. I am not talking about the Review thread, I want to see the Roll Call thread. I know how to find the current thread but cannot figure out how to find the thread of the roll call that has just sailed to the same ship and places I am going to. Like I will be on the NCL Sun and we are going to the southern Caribbean. On the review page it only shows NCL Sun going to Alaska. I want to see Southern Caribbean roll call threads which will have sailed before the Alaskan cruise that went to the southern Caribbean.

Thanks,

Lorenzod

You may have to change the Display Options on lower right to include threads that have been updated farther in the past.

Go to the roll call section for the ship you are interested in, then keep scrolling down - maybe to the next page or so - if that ship has been on that itinerary in the past, you will find it, just keep your eyes open because some threads have misleading titles - given by whoever posts first.

Sorry - my mistake: I was remembering about a year ago when I went back to a roll call for a 2007 cruise I was on. That seems to be no longer possible since they "improved" CC --- now only future cruise roll calls are accessible.

Just like the cruises themselves. -- most changes seem to be for the worse.

Click on your I.D. top right the click on USER CP

Edit Options > scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS >

scroll to THREAD DEFAULT AGE CUT OFF

then in the pull down menu click on show all threads in whatever time frame EG 100 days

hit SAVE CHANGES

Then go to the roll call for the ship & scroll down the page to the recent sailings you are looking for

Well not to sound like a smart butt, but roll calls are to gather us together before we go, if you are looking for what happened afterwards, I would try the reading the ship reviews. Unless someone keeps the roll call active by posting after their return, they aren't visible to read. They drop off, and in one case where our group still has a roll call going from 5 years ago, they finally asked us to either desist or be moved, and since we still talk every day, we asked to be moved to make room for more roll calls for that ship.

As pointed out you can change your settings so you can see older threads in a forum, but that probably still won't get you what you want since most roll call users stop posting once the ship has sailed. Very few use the roll call to recap the sailing.

Click on your I.D. top right the click on USER CP

Edit Options > scroll down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS >

scroll to THREAD DEFAULT AGE CUT OFF

then in the pull down menu click on show all threads in whatever time frame EG 100 days

hit SAVE CHANGES

Then go to the roll call for the ship & scroll down the page to the recent sailings you are looking for

You can do this easier by going to the roll call page for the ship you are interested in and on the right hand side there is a menu with settings that you may customize as you wish. I just went to the CCL Pride roll call page and after changing the settings was able to find the roll call from my 2012 sailing.

You can do this easier by going to the roll call page for the ship you are interested in and on the right hand side there is a menu with settings that you may customize as you wish.

Tes you can do it that way also

Does it change all the forums so you can see posts from way back or just the specific one you change?

The way I posted you change all forums

I have mine set from the beginning just in case I want to check something from many years ago

No right or wrong way just different ways to get the same results

Tes you can do it that way also

Does it change all the forums so you can see posts from way back or just the specific one you change?

The way I posted you change all forums

I have mine set from the beginning just in case I want to check something from many years ago

No right or wrong way just different ways to get the same results

It just changes it for that thread and as you say it's a matter of preference. I hardly ever look at anything older than what the defaults are so if I want to look at something older it's more limited to a particular forum.

It just changes it for that thread and as you say it's a matter of preference. I hardly ever look at anything older than what the defaults are so if I want to look at something older it's more limited to a particular forum.

That is how I thought it worked

Personal choice

no right or wrong way to do it

Sorry - my mistake: I was remembering about a year ago when I went back to a roll call for a 2007 cruise I was on. That seems to be no longer possible since they "improved" CC --- now only future cruise roll calls are accessible.

Just like the cruises themselves. -- most changes seem to be for the worse.

But they are archived, so you can still access them through the search function.

But they are archived, so you can still access them through the search function.

How do you get to the search function? Please list the steps to see old roll calls from last November on the Sun.

Thanks for your help.

How do you get to the search function? Please list the steps to see old roll calls from last November on the Sun.

Thanks for your help.

Look at the right hand side of your screen. It says Search Function.

Click on that drop down arrow.

Even if you find the Sun roll calls from last November you probably aren't going to find a review since roll calls are discussions and preparations BEFORE the cruise. Very few people post anything on a roll call during or after a cruise.

Look at the right hand side of your screen. It says Search Function.

Click on that drop down arrow.

Even if you find the Sun roll calls from last November you probably aren't going to find a review since roll calls are discussions and preparations BEFORE the cruise. Very few people post anything on a roll call during or after a cruise.

The only thing I see to the right is search thread (not search function) which when you click on it doesn't take you to old roll calls on the Sun.

I am not looking for reviews just chat from former cruisers on NCL Sun. I find it interesting.

The only thing I see to the right is search thread (not search function) which when you click on it doesn't take you to old roll calls on the Sun.

I am not looking for reviews just chat from former cruisers on NCL Sun. I find it interesting.

Not from being on a thread, but from a main page, that "search" function is for a forum not a thread.

For example, go to the NCL Sun Roll Call forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=356

At the upper right of that page is "Search forum"

Looking at Roll Calls will only give you threads that people post on BEFORE they take the cruise, not after. For experiences on a particular cruise you need to read reviews (those people have already been on the the cruise).

"Search thread" IS a function of search.

But as shmoo explains you need to go to the roll call forum and choose the search function that says "search forum". That is much better advice.

But as almost everyone has said you are NOT going to find chat after their cruise, just before.

I am a former cruiser on the Sun. Besides northern Europe and transatlantic I also did western Caribbean but that was 7 years ago.

I am currently booked on the Sun's 4/19/18 Panama Canal, my second canal transit on the Sun. First was 12 years ago.