Dinner on Carnival Pride

vibration

I will take the Carnival Pride on Dec 31, 2017. I have a question on dinner. When I booked, they let me choose the dinner time, but not date. Does it mean I can go every night? Thanks.

YES! A lot of first-time cruisers struggle with this question. You are entitled to dinner in the main dining room every evening. On any given evening you can choose between the MDR and the Lido deck restaurants or room service at no additional charge. If you want to select one of the premium dining venues (steakhouse, sushi), you can do so, but there will be an additional charge.

Did you chose the traditional early seating or the later 8:15 one? You go to the same dining room every night at the same time (and be right ON time) and will eat with the same people every night. This is what we always do! We have met some great people doing this. If we only ate with them for one night, we'd never get to know each other. We have cruised again with people we've met in the dining room for dinner.

Or, did you chose the Any Time which means you can go anytime between certain hours? I think that is 5:30 to 9;30 but we don't like this so am not sure of times. You go to the same dining room each night and will eat with different people each night -unless you ask for a table for two.

You have to pay each time you go to the specialty restaurant and make a reservation to do so.

The buffet is free for breakfast, lunch and dinner but you can also go to the dining room if you want to.There is no cost for these.

I will take the Carnival Pride on Dec 31, 2017. I have a question on dinner. When I booked, they let me choose the dinner time, but not date. Does it mean I can go every night? Thanks.

The dinner time you choose, and assigned, will be for every night based on guidelines by Bonnie J.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for all the replies. An additional question, for breakfast and lunch in the Normandie, is it also menu type, I mean ordering from menu, not buffet? Thanks.

I recommend you ask that on the dedicated Carnival forum.

Thanks for all the replies. An additional question, for breakfast and lunch in the Normandie, is it also menu type, I mean ordering from menu, not buffet? Thanks.

Yes. Breakfast is served in the MDR on port days, brunch on sea days. The only buffet to be had on the ship is on the Lido, not in the dining room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Everything in the dining room is always with a menu. The waiter takes your order and serves it to you.

The 2nd night is always 'cruise elegant night'. This is when the captain and ship's officers will meet with the passenger before dinner, usually in the atrium. Take your camera and the cruise director will take your picture with the captain. This is over just before 8pm- time will be in the Fun Times.

This is also the night they have free lobster in the dining room.. Don't hesitate to order more then one lobster or lobster and prime rib! They will usually have the prime rib again on a later night.

This used to be a real formal night but it no longer is. I have seen jeans and even shorts in the dining room on this night. So, go even if you don't have formal wear or a suit.

Just be aware that on a sea day the Normandie will be serving "brunch" rather than breakfast and lunch. Nothing keeps you from going twice, I suppose, but it would be the same menu.

We sometimes do this, breakfast in the morning, then lunch later on during the brunch.

zydecocruiser.com has many dining room menus with pictures. Might not be your exact menu as there are some items that are itinerary or port specific.