Question about taking carry on wine to MDR

educator

In 15 years NEVER been charged a corkage fee, our bottle is typically opened before we leave the cabin....last December on Magic we brought one of our bottles down to MDR and asked for a corkscrew, they gladly opened for us although we told them we would do it....never a fee....

In 15 years NEVER been charged a corkage fee, our bottle is typically opened before we leave the cabin....last December on Magic we brought one of our bottles down to MDR and asked for a corkscrew, they gladly opened for us although we told them we would do it....never a fee....

They should only charge you the fee if They open the bottle. We take wine all the time.

The corkage fee has nothing to do with them opening the wine.

We only did that once about 4 or 5 years ago and were charged a corkage fee. So now when we want wine with dinner we just buy a glass.

Cheers to the ones that are NOT so greedy to charge corkage for wine that you bring on yourself.

unless you do not like wine or are drinking Boone's Farm, wine is meant to be drank out of a glass, a wine glass

Mmmm, Boone's Farm Wild Strawberry or Strawberry Hill? Was that what it was called? We drank that in high school! Obviously I am not a connoisseur of fine wines. I've actually only started drinking non-Boones Farm wine in the last couple of years. My taste leans more toward cocktails, light beer & fireball shots. I might be a teeny bit redneck. Okay, maybe more than a teeny.

I know that certain types of wine are to be served in specific types of glasses. I just really don't care what I drink it from, only that it be convenient. If I'm walking around the ship, the Yeti keeps it cold and holds a lot. You will also likely be horrified to know that I also drink champagne from my Yeti. I typically don't take my own drink to the dining room, but I will take it elsewhere on the ship. At least I'm not drinking straight from the bottle.

Mmmm, Boone's Farm Wild Strawberry or Strawberry Hill? Was that what it was called? We drank that in high school! Obviously I am not a connoisseur of fine wines. I've actually only started drinking non-Boones Farm wine in the last couple of years. My taste leans more toward cocktails, light beer & fireball shots. I might be a teeny bit redneck. Okay, maybe more than a teeny.

I know that certain types of wine are to be served in specific types of glasses. I just really don't care what I drink it from, only that it be convenient. If I'm walking around the ship, the Yeti keeps it cold and holds a lot. You will also likely be horrified to know that I also drink champagne from my Yeti. I typically don't take my own drink to the dining room, but I will take it elsewhere on the ship. At least I'm not drinking straight from the bottle.

Hi

Yes, you have it right. Just drink and enjoy. :wine-glass:+:cocktail:+:champagne-toast:+:ship:=:D

We bring one bottle each on board and our own wine opener. We use the cabin glasses for the first round of wine at the dinner table then also buy the wine package. After that you can take the bottle from the wine package up to your room after dinner and pour a glass and walk around the ship with it!

My guess is you have never drank Champagne. You might have tried sparkling wines from a Yeti, whatever that is. BTW, most red wines are not served cold.

Just to echo some of the other posts, we have been charge the corkage fee and we have not been charged it for bringing an opened bottle to any public venue on the ship. It is up to the individual that brings you the glasses &/or the chill stand to enter the charge with the cruise line. Ones hoping for a generous tip may waiver the fee, while others will charge it to get good marks from the supervisor.

The charging of the corkage fee is a way for a business to recoup part of the lost revenue when they allow BYOW, it is essence a surcharge to have a vintage you want when they don't have.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Forums mobile app

My guess is you have never drank Champagne. You might have tried sparkling wines from a Yeti, whatever that is. BTW, most red wines are not served cold.

I know about the red wine rule - I just prefer it to be cold. As far as champagne, yes, I'm told that what we typically call champagne is not true champagne, but sparkling wine. I'm not so much about where my drink comes from or how much it costs, but whether it tastes good to me. Since food & drink are subjective, everyone has differing opinions about what tastes good.

I thought everyone knew what a Yeti was. They make coolers & coozies & tumblers that will keep ice, beverages' temperature constant for long periods of time. Yeti brand itself is overpriced, in my opinion, but it's all the store had at the time we needed them. Anyway, they are great when you are out by the pool in 100 degree heat and want to keep your drink of choice cold. Our summers here tend to be a bit toasty & last several months.

I know about the red wine rule - I just prefer it to be cold. As far as champagne, yes, I'm told that what we typically call champagne is not true champagne, but sparkling wine. I'm not so much about where my drink comes from or how much it costs, but whether it tastes good to me. Since food & drink are subjective, everyone has differing opinions about what tastes good.

We like what we like and these days prefer sweet white wines such as moscato which we even put in ice to make it ice cold.

We have become more sophisticated and no longer buy 3 buck chuck but have graduated to more expensive wines that cost about 6 bucks.:)