Miami Hotels

Midwestgal

I do not recall seeing that place mentioned previously. For those flying in late who just want a room, the popular budget suggestion is La Quinta East (includes breakfast and a shuttle to the port). Nicer hotels in a nicer area near MIA are found in the Blue Lagoon neighborhood (Hampton Inn, etc.).

Budget and dates would help the suggestions to be closer to your target. ;)

Does anyone know if there are any Miami hotels that allow long-term cruiser parking? Something in the $100-$150 range...for the room, that is. Parking would probably be additional, which is fine. We had one last year in Ft. Lauderdale that had a cruiser lot in the back for long-term parking as well as a shuttle that took us to the port and brought us back to the hotel after the cruise. Looking for something similar in Miami. I've done a couple quick internet searches but the sites didn't seem to be very current. We still have a lot of time, just wondering if such a hotel exists in Miami.

The hotels that have cruise packages with parking offer shuttle to the port only. None of them offer R/T transportation to Port of Miami. You will have to get a taxi or uber back to your hotel when the cruise returns.

Most of them are located near the airport. Also, not sure what your budget is, or how nice you want the accommodations to be, but you may want to take a look at the following:

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport

Comfort Suites Miami Airport

Hilton Miami Downtown

Quality Inn Miami Airport

Embassy Suites Miami Airport

Hampton Inn Coconut Grove

Hyatt Place Miami Airport West / Doral

Hampton Inn Miami Airport

Some of these may have quit offering park/cruise packages.

The hotels that have cruise packages with parking offer shuttle to the port only. None of them offer R/T transportation to Port of Miami. You will have to get a taxi or uber back to your hotel when the cruise returns.

The wife and I did some more searching and you're right, we couldn't find anything that offered a return shuttle back to the hotel after the cruise. Well, there was one, but only if you were staying at the hotel again after the cruise, which we won't be. I guess we got lucky in Ft. Lauderdale last year. They offered long-term parking for cruisers and a free shuttle to the port and back to the hotel after.

A taxi or uber won't really work for us for the return ride back to a hotel that has cruiser parking because we'll be a party of 8, plus everyone's luggage. We'd need multiple taxis/ubers and I'd rather not mess with that. If we can't find a hotel that also offers a return shuttle after, then we'll probably just park at the port.

• 2 weeks later...

A taxi or uber won't really work for us for the return ride back to a hotel that has cruiser parking because we'll be a party of 8,.

Is your group two families or several adults? I'm just wanting to make sure your group is not like two adults and a bunch of kids before I give me suggestion. If all adults or mostly adults, have two adults that can drive take the keys and get an Uber, Lyft, or taxi and head back to the hotel for the car. Then come back and load up everyone and the luggage. In my mind it is easy, unless it is you and a bunch of kids?

Is your group two families or several adults? I'm just wanting to make sure your group is not like two adults and a bunch of kids before I give me suggestion. If all adults or mostly adults, have two adults that can drive take the keys and get an Uber, Lyft, or taxi and head back to the hotel for the car. Then come back and load up everyone and the luggage. In my mind it is easy, unless it is you and a bunch of kids?

Two families, four kids total. No little kids, all teens. That's not a bad idea. I'll definitely run that by the group when it gets closer. Thanks for the tip. We'll probably end up comparing the cost of a hotel's long-term parking (plus the Uber/taxi ride) to parking at the port and go with the cheapest.

How are the Quality Inn & La Quinta near airport? I see they have shuttles, wondered about cruise parking

I just did a quick search. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East says free one-way shuttle to the port and free parking up to 7 days. For the Quality Inn, their Stay & Cruise Package Deal says free parking, free breakfast, and one-way transportation for two to the port, but not sure if there's a time limit.