Upgraded beverages

kittyluvrnurse

Do most people use obc to upgrade their beverage pkg? I see the list is quite short of included beverages. The upgrades are not exorbitant, but being rather port intensive, I didn't know if it's worth the cost.

Also, do people find the mixed drinks to be as creative and alluring as celebrity's offerings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DH does because of the very limited choices of beer and it is not much more to upgrade the drink package than to buy the beer package. The upgraded drink package includes most beers. I did not because I mostly drink wine and have been very pleased with the complimentary wine. Will see if the holds true on our upcoming cruise.

My two cents coming from a 29 year old who mainly sails HAL and has 1 Azamara cruise under my belt with another one booked.

Totally not worth the cost to upgrade unless you HAVE to have a certain brand of liquor and refuse to drink anything else. What they are offering as complimentary equates to what is considered "call" liquor not the crappy "rail" liquor you might get at a standard bar. For beer I see the list is really short but I don't drink beer so I can't comment on that.

I consider myself pretty picky on drinks (husband owns a bar) and I was more than satisfied with the included spirits on my last Azamara cruise. I tried to order every single complimentary cocktail they had on their list but didn't make it very far. Their Blue Wave martini and lime Daiquiri were superb.

As to if the drinks are as creative and alluring as what is offered on Celebrity, although I have never sailed with Celebrity, I would venture to guess that they are not because almost everything on the complimentary cocktail menu are tried and true cocktails that have been around for a long time. Because Azamara offers complimentary spirits I can see why they felt no need to make up crazy new creative cocktails with intriguing names to sell/push/market drinks. Personally, I felt the quality of the drinks as well as the preparation and presentation was top notch and made up for any detriment of the missing unusual or fun drinks.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

My two cents coming from a 29 year old who mainly sails HAL and has 1 Azamara cruise under my belt with another one booked.

Totally not worth the cost to upgrade unless you HAVE to have a certain brand of liquor and refuse to drink anything else. What they are offering as complimentary equates to what is considered "call" liquor not the crappy "rail" liquor you might get at a standard bar. For beer I see the list is really short but I don't drink beer so I can't comment on that.

I consider myself pretty picky on drinks (husband owns a bar) and I was more than satisfied with the included spirits on my last Azamara cruise. I tried to order every single complimentary cocktail they had on their list but didn't make it very far. Their Blue Wave martini and lime Daiquiri were superb.

As to if the drinks are as creative and alluring as what is offered on Celebrity, although I have never sailed with Celebrity, I would venture to guess that they are not because almost everything on the complimentary cocktail menu are tried and true cocktails that have been around for a long time. Because Azamara offers complimentary spirits I can see why they felt no need to make up crazy new creative cocktails with intriguing names to sell/push/market drinks. Personally, I felt the quality of the drinks as well as the preparation and presentation was top notch and made up for any detriment of the missing unusual or fun drinks.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Totally agree, we're very happy with the included drinks - all good name brands not 'local' versions as you find at the bar at many all-inclusive resorts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH does because of the very limited choices of beer and it is not much more to upgrade the drink package than to buy the beer package. The upgraded drink package includes most beers. I did not because I mostly drink wine and have been very pleased with the complimentary wine. Will see if the holds true on our upcoming cruise.

Can you upgrade only for one person? Normaly if one upgrades the second one has to do also.

Edited by Henk123

For the other question to use OBC for upgrading the package. I used my OBC for a better glas wine with dinner and for something nice with the coffee after the dinner. The rest for tours and internet and not to forget 3 tables menu

Edited by Henk123

You can still just pay "by the drink or glass", right? I love a Grey Goose Cosmo every once in a while, but I don't love it enough to pay for a huge beverage package, which is what I would have to do to get GG on my list.

I noticed that the included wines are no longer listed on the website. I wonder if there's a way to see the list before deciding whether to purchase the wine package?

I read somewhere that they are now sourcing the wines at each port to take on board the regions offerings when they dock. My husband prefers Spanish reds above all others but as we are on an Asia/Indonesia cruise, no chance of that.

We may just have to buy a wine package to keep him happy especially when we dine in the speciality restaurants.

Having said the above, what is the wine like on the Chefs Table? I guess the sommerlier matches the wine to the appropriate meal/course?

Having said the above, what is the wine like on the Chefs Table? I guess the sommerlier matches the wine to the appropriate meal/course?

Yes, the sommelier matches the wine to the food and will provide some information about the wine and why he's chosen this for the food being served.

We joined the French Chef's table on the recent TA on Journey and it was a great evening.

Yes, the sommelier matches the wine to the food and will provide some information about the wine and why he's chosen this for the food being served.

We joined the French Chef's table on the recent TA on Journey and it was a great evening.[/quote

Will they change the fish dish(es) as I cannot eat any sort of fish? And if so, will they match the wine with the alternative dish?

Thank you guys very much for your input are you able to upgrade during the trip like if you tried the complementary drinks for a day or two and you decide to go with the package?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you can kittylurvnurse, but my understanding is that it would be costed for all the days of your cruise, not from the day you start from. Did that makes sense:confused::confused::)

So totally prepared to be corrected:D

Maybe I am a bad reader, but are sodas, water, coffee also included? Can you als order the house wines during the day and evening in the different bars on the ship? Would be really kind if you could help me out with these questions.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6 met Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure you can kittylurvnurse, but my understanding is that it would be costed for all the days of your cruise, not from the day you start from.

I do not think that is correct based on my reading of the Azamara website. This is what the Beverage Packages FAQ states:

Will I be able to purchase beverage packages once onboard? Is there a time limit?

Yes, you can buy a beverage package throughout your voyage. Charges begin the day you purchase the package.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/booked-guests/frequently-asked-questions#dining

Maybe I am a bad reader, but are sodas, water, coffee also included? Can you als order the house wines during the day and evening in the different bars on the ship? Would be really kind if you could help me out with these questions.

The Azamara website has a TON of information but it can take some wading through to find what you are looking for. Under the Booked Guest section is where many of the specifics can be found. So yes to the complimentary wines & liquors during the day - the list can be found here:

And yes, soda, water & coffees included as well: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard

INCLUSIVE AMENITIES FOR ALL GUESTS:

Complimentary AzAmazing EveningsSM event (on most voyages)

Select standard spirits, international beers and wines

Gratuities

Bottled water, soft drinks, specialty coffees and teas

English butler service for suite guests

Self-service laundry

Shuttle service to and from port communities, where available

Concierge services for personal guidance and reservations

The Azamara website has a TON of information but it can take some wading through to find what you are looking for. Under the Booked Guest section is where many of the specifics can be found. So yes to the complimentary wines & liquors during the day - the list can be found here:

And yes, soda, water & coffees included as well: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard

Hoyaheel, thank you very much!!! Feel a bit dumb now[emoji4] .

Feel a bit dumb now[emoji4] .

Not at all! My husband and I booked our first Azamara cruise back in June 2015 - we travel Nov 2016 - so we've been doing LOTS of exploring on the website, reading here, obsessing over the dry dock photos, etc. As I said, much of the information is available on their website - but it's not always easy to find, or where (intuitively) I would think to loo for it:p

Peter Spain,

coffee, sodas and other beverages are included all day long. and also the wines of the day are served at the bars allover the ship.

For example: we like to have lunch outside in the now called Patio area. And i love to have my glas (or two) rose wine for lunch. If they do not have it, they get it from the next bar.

Another example: every morning after exercise I meet my DH in Mosaik Cafe. He´s having his Capuccino and I get my soda.

So, almost everywhere on the ship you will get one of the included drinks: coffeespecialties, sodas, coke or other beverages, beers and wine.

Yes, Nov 30 Singapore departure, 10 days to Hong Kong. If that's the same cruise you're on - we have a Roll Call in that forum!!

Yes it is. We also booked last summer. I posted a message on the roll call too. But there are hardly no posts on yet. We have an aft balcony cabin.

Just this past weekend I had a conversation with my cousin who booked his first AZ cruise. I advised him to NOT purchase the upgrade drink package. The included spirits selection is quite good and extensive. If you occasionally want something special, you can purchase an individual drink, and it's not expensive. IMHO the included wines are quite good, and we have been pushy to request wines poured on previous days that we loved and were generally successful in getting another free pour. When we wanted to splurge, we bought a bottle of wine from the cellar, and the prices are OK. Only disappointment was with the included beers. The beer list is extremely short, so we purchase a couple of bottles of Guinness at lunch once or twice. If beer is extremely important, you might want to look into a beer package, but only if you drink a lot of premium beer. On the whole, we are very happy with the included drinks on AZ. And beverages are very important to us! Also love the coffees and juices.