Suite Perks!

Toodang

Okay....here goes. My DH and I like to book Grand Suites. We pay extra for this privilege because we like the perks that go along with it. At out age....I think that we deserve to be pampered a little. One of the perks that we enjoy is the three tier seating between the pool deck bars. We are booked on LOS in September and the Suite Guest Sun Deck is waaaay up top! There are a lot more steps to climb to get to the deck. I've already had one hip replaced and my other one is going slowly but surely! We like some shade and to be closer to the bars! LOL! I emailed RCL to voice my opinion about this change on the LOS and believe it or not, they actually replied to my concern! They said that they would take my complaint into consideration. If anyone else shares my concern, I urge you to email RCL. I'm ready to get flamed so I already have my popcorn in front of me.

No flaming here.... We are booked in a GS on LOS in October. First time in a suite. Big treat for us....we saved long and hard for this one. I was disappointed about the suite sun deck also. I have chronic skin cancer and need to stay in the shade as much as possible. So I won't be able to use any of the loungers up there. [emoji853]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's always been that way on Freedom. The Voyager ships had them closer to the pool as I recall. And I don't think there is any shade.

It is a sundeck after all

Edited by John&LaLa

Really? You people are complaining about the sun, on the sun deck. I personally think if you have a suite you should have two crew members follow you around. One with a fan and one with a umbrella to block the sun

Really? You people are complaining about the sun, on the sun deck. I personally think if you have a suite you should have two crew members follow you around. One with a fan and one with a umbrella to block the sun

I think that this is an EXCELLENT idea.

Don't forget to tip!

WOW! This is exactly why I knew that I would be flamed! This is not the same cruise critic that I remember! I usually don't post because I have seen rude remarks. Some of us have legitimate health problems. My DH and I try to sit on the first tier which is approximately 5 or 6 steps up from the pool deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WOW! This is exactly why I knew that I would be flamed! This is not the same cruise critic that I remember! I usually don't post because I have seen rude remarks. Some of us have legitimate health problems. My DH and I try to sit on the first tier which is approximately 5 or 6 steps up from the pool deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

just because you are in a suite does not mean that is the only place you can lounge. just because it is a perk does not mean you HAVE to use it, and if you do not you've not wasted your money.

I have never actually seen the suite areas used on any pool deck on any of the ( admittedly only a few ) ships.

we prefer the Solarium and shade. and there is plenty of shade to be found at the main pool as well.

That's a great suggestion. If you have a suite you deserve a great perk like that. But I don't want the sun blocked I would rather have someone run and get my drinks While I'm getting fanned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As someone else said, the Voyager class ships do have the three levels of seating by the pool. Not sure how it is arranged on the ship you'll be on though. Is there a particular reason you're not willing to sit somewhere else? I realize there are perks that go with the suites, but just because you have one doesn't mean you can't use the non-suite areas (unless by "be pampered" you mean "stay separated from the rubes at all times").

I know the loungers fill up fast, and having the separate area means you are more likely to get seating, but it doesn't mean that it also provides shade and that it won't require the ability to utilize stairs. The perk is the separate seating, period. As someone else mentioned, if you paid for the perk of having first floor shaded seating, then you wasted your money, because that isn't what was promised.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl