Drink Package Limit?

Hoosier-Cruiser

I haven't seen this asked before and, after searching the info out there, thought I would ask. I apologize if it has been discussed already.

A friend of ours recently sailed on Carnival and found that there is a limit to their Unlimited Drink Package. She was told there was a limit of 14 drinks per day and that this was published in the fine print of the sign-up form.

Does Princess have a similar limit? I don't foresee drinking that many drinks in a day, but you never know. Between wine before dinner and during and a few drinks during the day, at shows and the occasional drink I don't like, it could happen.

I haven't seen this asked before and, after searching the info out there, thought I would ask. I apologize if it has been discussed already.

A friend of ours recently sailed on Carnival and found that there is a limit to their Unlimited Drink Package. She was told there was a limit of 14 drinks per day and that this was published in the fine print of the sign-up form.

Does Princess have a similar limit? I don't foresee drinking that many drinks in a day, but you never know. Between wine before dinner and during and a few drinks during the day, at shows and the occasional drink I don't like, it could happen.

Never had the package but others have posted here on CC in response to this same question that there is no limit.

All-Inclusive Bar PackageTake advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess.Item #0525$56.35 per person/per day

can this be purchased after boarding or only pre-boarding order and if not is it cheaper to pre order? Does everyone in the same cabin over 21 have to also purchase it?

On our recent cruise we bought it on boarding. They had a table set up on deck 5. My understanding is that it isn't cheaper if you buy it before boarding. You don't need to both have the package. That was only a restriction during the pilot.

Edited by jackieo

can this be purchased after boarding or only pre-boarding order and if not is it cheaper to pre order? Does everyone in the same cabin over 21 have to also purchase it?

Yes it can be purchased after boarding. Same price either way.

Not everyone has to purchase.

It cannot be prorated by waiting a few days to purchase.

All-Inclusive Bar PackageTake advantage of our All-Inclusive Beverage Package which includes any individual beverage item, such as soda, water, cocktails, spirits, wines, beers, coffee and tea, up to $10 (retail value). Bottles of wine are NOT included in the package; however, when purchased in the bars, dining rooms, or in the stateroom, will be available at a 40% discount from the menu price. Applicable to all bottles below $100 retail. Note: This package is available for consumption at all bars, public areas and dining venues (not room service and excludes mini bar items).

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess.Item #0525$56.35 per person/per day

??? The description does not mention "service charge", do you know if they add on 15% when you purchase the package, or if you are expected to tip in cash with each drink ? (The soda package description says that it includes the service charge). thanx, Mike in CT

??? The description does not mention "service charge", do you know if they add on 15% when you purchase the package, or if you are expected to tip in cash with each drink ? (The soda package description says that it includes the service charge). thanx, Mike in CT

When you purchase the package the final price will include the service charge, no need to tip anyone if you have the package, unless you really wanted to.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

This was from the Princess website and I believe the $56.35 includes the 15%.

We haven't sailed Princess since March 2013, so they didn't have the all-inclusive beverage package then. When they say "coffee" do they mean the specialty coffees (cappuccino/lattes) that you were able to get with the coffee cards or is it just brewed coffee?

If it includes the specialty coffees, then I think for us it would be a real no-brainer!!

We haven't sailed Princess since March 2013, so they didn't have the all-inclusive beverage package then. When they say "coffee" do they mean the specialty coffees (cappuccino/lattes) that you were able to get with the coffee cards or is it just brewed coffee?

If it includes the specialty coffees, then I think for us it would be a real no-brainer!!

Yes, it includes all specialty coffees...

Any drink under $10

Thank you I just saw that on the Princess website, but I noticed that it's not included on the Regal Princess, which is the ship we will sail next March. Does anyone know if they will include it when she comes over to do the Caribbean itinerary?

Thank you I just saw that on the Princess website, but I noticed that it's not included on the Regal Princess, which is the ship we will sail next March. Does anyone know if they will include it when she comes over to do the Caribbean itinerary?

Where did you get that old info?

Its on the Regal now.

Look at post #6 in this thread...direct from the Princess website.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Its on the Regal now.

Look at post #6 in this thread...direct from the Princess website.[/quote

On the Princess website. In the Gifts and Services section - looking to see what the current cost of the coffee card was. Must not have updated their website.

Glad to hear it is available because will make it very convenient not having to keep all receipts and verify against folio!!!

Its on the Regal now.

Look at post #6 in this thread...direct from the Princess website.[/quote

On the Princess website. In the Gifts and Services section - looking to see what the current cost of the coffee card was. Must not have updated their website.

Glad to hear it is available because will make it very convenient not having to keep all receipts and verify against folio!!!

I would still check my on board account if I were you. We had the package in June on the Emerald and a couple of drinks that shouldn't have been charged popped up. There was no problem getting the charges removed.

I do believe there is a limit as to how quickly you can be served the next drink. I saw a man order a "double"...and the waiter came back with the drink and told the guest that he would bring the second shot after a certain number of minutes. (five? ten? fifteen?) and sure enough, after the allotted time, the waiter came by with a shot glass and poured it into the guest's drink.

So, don't plan on lining up your shots, or having "a shot with a beer chaser."

Maddle

Edited by Maddle