The AQUALINA Goes Italian!

BBMacLaird

I was very disappointed at first.

Now I see they're keeping the original menu; AND adding interesting new items on alternate days.

The best of both worlds. This is a good move. Please let us know the alternating schedule as soon as possible.

Now I see they're keeping the original menu; AND adding interesting new items on alternate days.

The best of both worlds. This is a good move. Please let us know the alternating schedule as soon as possible.

funny,i never liked the new -old- menu.. it was different wanted i started in 2010. liked that one better.. i will be in there most italien nights

I think changing the menus in specialty restaurants is positive. If you are a frequent cruiser on a particular line the menus get old.

We were just on Oceania (r class ship) eating in both the specialty restaurants and a number of us commented on what it will be like for those taking the world cruise -- 6 months of eating in those 2 restaurants! You wouldn't do that at home. You'd get sick of it fast!!

I would like to see not only rotating menus but daily specials for all specialty restaurants on all ships. That would make them really "special."

I think changing the menus in specialty restaurants is positive. If you are a frequent cruiser on a particular line the menus get old.

We were just on Oceania (r class ship) eating in both the specialty restaurants and a number of us commented on what it will be like for those taking the world cruise -- 6 months of eating in those 2 restaurants! You wouldn't do that at home. You'd get sick of it fast!!

I would like to see not only rotating menus but daily specials for all specialty restaurants on all ships. That would make them really "special."

there are daily specials but i found i had to ask.. they were nto telling me. i had several starters and one fish.

Unless I misread the information in the link, I don't think it will be what you state.

The blog seems to suggest the current Aqualina menu and a different Italian-based menu, which flips every five days. It's one or the other, not Aqualina plus add-ons offered every other day (this is how I read the part of your post I bolded).

The Vitello Tonnato is not correct. If you want to serve the above dish then you should do it correctly. Thinly sliced veal with a tuna and capers sauce. For gods sake. Get it right. You don't fool around with italian classics. Fabio should know better.

The Vitello Tonnato is not correct. If you want to serve the above dish then you should do it correctly. Thinly sliced veal with a tuna and capers sauce. For gods sake. Get it right. You don't fool around with italian classics. Fabio should know better.

The headline states 'Aqualina with an Italian Twist'.

Why get worked up over a variation on a classic dish? Why not just choose a different one to suit your taste.

As I'm a vegetarian, not a problem for me, I will not be eating it.

The headline states 'Aqualina with an Italian Twist'.

Why get worked up over a variation on a classic dish? Why not just choose a different one to suit your taste.

As I'm a vegetarian, not a problem for me, I will not be eating it.

Not worked up. Dish is probably absolutely fabulous. Would love to try it. I love italian food. But it is not Vitello Tonnato. A variation, nope,- the original is not even close to this. You cannot serve a pork chop and call it a wienerschnitzel.

Call it something else.

Not worked up. Dish is probably absolutely fabulous. Would love to try it. I love italian food. But it is not Vitello Tonnato. A variation, nope,- the original is not even close to this. You cannot serve a pork chop and call it a wienerschnitzel.

Call it something else.

Fair enough! :)

the word "twist" comes to mind here. I much prefer this way with the "twist" than your way.. does not matter to me which is correct it is which tastes good to me. orers have been changed up. just wait to i tell the waiter no watermellon and to double the order.. finally whati ask for in my cabin coming to a table near me.

the word "twist" comes to mind here. I much prefer this way with the "twist" than your way.. does not matter to me which is correct it is which tastes good to me. orers have been changed up. just wait to i tell the waiter no watermellon and to double the order.. finally whati ask for in my cabin coming to a table near me.

Fine, Robin. The most important is that they continue to serve fantastic 🍲 food. No sense in making this into a culinary dictionary discussion. I agree. I just couldn't.....:):D

My Piedmontese grandmother certainly wouldn't recognize it.;)

As it's described it sounds more like tonno con crosta vitello.

oh fabio is not doing the menus Robert is... He worked with Mia to do the new menus... I am waitng now to see the mains.. no matter how it is done it is a step in new dishes for us to eat.. the old menu i was not in love with. so i am glad it is changing

• 1 month later...