Lunch ideas

MochaJava8125

I am looking for a moderate to cheap place for lunch when we are at Key West for the day. We are a family of four and we have tickets for the City View Trolley already due to DH hurt foot. Any suggestions for yummy, but cheap-ish food for lunch? Thanks.

I am looking for a moderate to cheap place for lunch when we are at Key West for the day. We are a family of four and we have tickets for the City View Trolley already due to DH hurt foot. Any suggestions for yummy, but cheap-ish food for lunch? Thanks.

Just within the last few years they have cleaned up the beach at the lower end of Simonton and put up a small restaurant, Lagerheads ---> http://lagerheadsbeachbar.com/

They serve fish tacos and fish sandwiches, beer, wine and softdrinks, and the kids could play on the beach and wade a little.

Pjk

Just within the last few years they have cleaned up the beach at the lower end of Simonton and put up a small restaurant, Lagerheads ---> http://lagerheadsbeachbar.com/

They serve fish tacos and fish sandwiches, beer, wine and softdrinks, and the kids could play on the beach and wade a little.

Pjk

That sounds wonderful... I have never had a "fish taco"...not sure I would like it.

We were just in Key West for the weekend and "cheap" never came to mind. We did go to Carolines Cafe on Duval and loved it. I highly recommend it. Food was very good, Nice atmosphere and friendly service. We also ate lunch at Turtle Kraals - food was good but service was very very slow. Wouldn't recommend it when you are just in town for a short time. We did stop in other times for a drink and enjoyed that.

Maybe for a drink on your first visit; but most (if not all) locals would not let their dog eat there.

Mike:)

Plus one from this local. I wouldn't eat there if the food was free.

I don't know what your definition of cheapish is, but Southernmost Beach Cafe is reasonably priced for Key West with decent food and a nice setting on the beach. The menu is on line.

Maybe for a drink on your first visit; but most (if not all) locals would not let their dog eat there.

Totally true! No way would I (or my dog) eat at Sloppy Joes.

It's a little bit of a walk down Duval to the 900 block, but Blackfin Bistro always seens to be a hit. Here's a link to their site:

http://www.blackfinbistro.com/

Can I hijack here a little? I wanted to eat lunch at Blue Heaven but I am not sure the timing will be right--like when we are ready for lunch, I think we might already be down to the Southernmost Point. So anyway, I had the Southernmost Beach Cafe or Salute on the Beach as options. Are either of these good choices?

Can I hijack here a little? I wanted to eat lunch at Blue Heaven but I am not sure the timing will be right--like when we are ready for lunch, I think we might already be down to the Southernmost Point. So anyway, I had the Southernmost Beach Cafe or Salute on the Beach as options. Are either of these good choices?

Salute' is excellent and is owned by the same person that owns Blue Heaven.

Mike:)

From the southern most point you are probably just as close to el siboney and blue heaven than salute. It's at least 10 blocks to salute.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh thanks, you are right! After lunch, I want to see the butterflies and then we'll start our Duval crawl so that is probably too far out of the way. It looks nice though and I liked the idea of eating by the water. Thanks for the warning!

Edited by Beachiekeen