No Howl at the Moon on the Escape

grovesteve

I heard last night from a very reliable source that there will be no Howl at the Moon on the Escape. What a drag. That is the reason my wife and I love NCL. We know no matter what else we do at night when Howl is on we will end the evening with a great time. It might be time to rethink the new NCL ships. We have done 2 cruises on the Epic the TA and another cruise on the Getaway and we are leaving this weekend for our second cruise on the Breakaway. So I do not say this lightly.

I heard last night from a very reliable source that there will be no Howl at the Moon on the Escape. What a drag. That is the reason my wife and I love NCL. We know no matter what else we do at night when Howl is on we will end the evening with a great time. It might be time to rethink the new NCL ships. We have done 2 cruises on the Epic the TA and another cruise on the Getaway and we are leaving this weekend for our second cruise on the Breakaway. So I do not say this lightly.

Counterpoint: Howl At The Moon has never interested me, and I've been on EPIC 3 times, and Breakaway twice, and am a month away from Getaway....with Escape TA already booked.

Glad to see it gone.

Glad they're re-thinking their ships.

Very said if they get rid of it AND do not replace it through another drinking entertainment of the same quality.

Agree! We LOVE Howl and usually end up there for some or all of the show each night it is on. I am not interested at all in the comedian on the other nights. I hope this source turns out to be wrong... or else that something equally fun will be there.

Counterpoint: Howl At The Moon has never interested me, and I've been on EPIC 3 times, and Breakaway twice, and am a month away from Getaway....with Escape TA already booked.

Glad to see it gone. Glad they're re-thinking their ships.

I went to see Howl at the Moon the last night of my Epic cruise two weeks ago because I had read so many positive comments. Even though I went in wanting to like the show, it didn't resonate with me. So personally, I'm glad Escape will have a lot of new offerings. Folks who like it will still be able to see it on existing ships, I presume. (At least the -aways.)

Very said if they get rid of it AND do not replace it through another drinking entertainment of the same quality.

Entertainment is Norwegian's signature. I'm sure they will offer some sort of substitute. Spiegel Tent on Epic and Breakaway became Illusionarium on Getaway. Fat Cats on Breakaway became Grammy Experience on Getaway and is becoming Cavern Club on Epic. No fears, there will be something awesome. We already know about Tobacco Road (the likely substitute in the Headliner's space) and the 5 O'clock Somewhere Bar. There will be plenty to do!

Edited by Cruiser Bruiser

We've done NCL twice including 21 days on the Jade in January 2014. Nevertheless, I have to ask: what is 'Howl at the Moon'? :confused:

Howl at the Moon is the dueling piano bar on the Epic, Breakaway and Getaway. It was the highpoint of our last Epic cruise, and something we're scheduling dinners around on the Getaway next month.

That's a shame. Howl is a ton of fun, and we always make that our night 1 meet up for the roll call group.

Glad to see it gone.

Glad they're re-thinking their ships.

I am with you. I have tried to like this venue, but just don't. Glad NCL is shaking things up.

Howl at the Moon can vary enormously according to the competence of the pianists. The first time we went on the Epic there were awesome pianists, Drew and Tommy, and it was a fantastic experience. But we've seen others who are really not so good.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're actually going to 'check the ship off your list' simply because there is no Howl at the moon?

Really??

Harriet

If the entertainment options are dwindling then I can certainly see this. If they are taking this out to replace it with just a bar, then it's a negative IMO.

You're actually going to 'check the ship off your list' simply because there is no Howl at the moon?

Really??

Harriet

Well, we were debating trying out the Escape or doing a Europe cruise on the Epic (which we loved last year) for our cruise next winter. Howl was the highlight on the Epic, so it tips the scales in favor of the Europe cruise.

That said, if someone offered me a free cruise on the Escape, I'm sure I wouldn't turn it down...

If the entertainment options are dwindling then I can certainly see this. If they are taking this out to replace it with just a bar, then it's a negative IMO.

From what I understand, both Tobacco Road and the 5 O'clock Somewhere Bar are expected to feature musical entertainment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Folks who like it will still be able to see it on existing ships, I presume. (At least the -aways.)

Or they can see it at any of the Howl at the Moon chain establishments on land, which are tons better than the tiny sea version anyway.

Or they can see it at any of the Howl at the Moon chain establishments on land, which are tons better than the tiny sea version anyway.

This is true that there are still some on land. But, not everyone has one near them.

And, those that do, they would have to drive back home vs walking/stumbling back to their room. Also... when we go to a land Howl you really have to plan and make a night of it... vs just stopping in for a bit if you wish on the cruise. And as another bonus... you can show up multiple nights on the cruise easily and see the same pianists... which can end up creating an ongoing "story" throughout the week.

They've got rid of Howl but added a Magaretiville or something. Guessing they are steering it more to the U.S. target market as year round from Miami.

Howl at the moon is seen as a great show by many Europeans.. There will still be a piano player/requests but just not duelling on stage..

Edited by Single Cruiser

As someone that enjoys Howl, I'm glad they are mixing it up. I've always been annoyed at the "copycat" experience that Norwegian has offered in the past. it made for the same cruise, slightly different surroundings, no matter which ship you sailed. That bored me.

They've got rid of Howl but added a Magaretiville or something. Guessing they are steering it more to the U.S. target market as year round from Miami.

Howl at the moon is seen as a great show by many Europeans.. There will still be a piano player/requests but just not duelling on stage..

A single piano player taking requests would be fine as long as it is not the usual NCL show tune playing performer .

Edited by time2cruise1