Will Anthem have a water park / ropes course?

LMaxwell

Will Anthem of the Seas have a water park or ropes course? A friend of mine said they saw a video this week showing artist renderings. The only video I could find put out recently was the new Norwegian Escape and that showed a massive water park and ropes course / zipline. Wonder if that is what they meant?? I can't find any newly released videos of Anthem this week.

Quantum doesn't even have a water slide let alone a whole water park, but it was designed for cold weather. Could the news of a water park mean Anthem is destined for warm climate sailing? Not all kids want to ride bumper cars inside; it is about time RCI start adding those big water slides like the competition has. :eek::D

Will Anthem of the Seas have a water park or ropes course? A friend of mine said they saw a video this week showing artist renderings. The only video I could find put out recently was the new Norwegian Escape and that showed a massive water park and ropes course / zipline. Wonder if that is what they meant?? I can't find any newly released videos of Anthem this week.

Quantum doesn't even have a water slide let alone a whole water park, but it was designed for cold weather. Could the news of a water park mean Anthem is destined for warm climate sailing? Not all kids want to ride bumper cars inside; it is about time RCI start adding those big water slides like the competition has. :eek::D

As far as I know, Anthem will be very similar to Quantum as far as what features it will have. No significant changes so I doubt that the video they saw was of Anthem if a water park and ropes course were in it. Quantum and Anthem will both have a flowrider so, while they will be sailing from a cool weather port, they will visit several warm weather ports of call. Perhaps, before RCI adds water slides, other lines should imitate RCI and add features that are so popular on Royal ships but do that many people actually make their cruise decision based primarily on the presence or absence of a water slide, skating rink, or bumper cars?

Edited by negc

I'll be on the Anthem TA next fall and I'm looking forward to bumper cars. (But then again, I'm not a kid.) :)

Perhaps, before RCI adds water slides, other lines should imitate RCI and add features that are so popular on Royal ships but do that many people actually make their cruise decision based primarily on the presence or absence of a water slide, skating rink, or bumper cars?

It just gives people more places to be. If kids are in the equation water parks and rope courses can tilt the scale if prices are similar and itineraries largely interchangeable. It depends if you are going on a trip for the ports or for the ship as a resort.

I do hope Royal starts adding water slides to ships. They are very popular on the other lines and don't have all the restrictions kids face with a Flowrider. The video I found of Escape featured the water park and ropes course heavily, so it must be a popular feature on their current ships.

Mainly just hoping we get one of the new ships in a warm weather port.

It just gives people more places to be. If kids are in the equation water parks and rope courses can tilt the scale if prices are similar and itineraries largely interchangeable. It depends if you are going on a trip for the ports or for the ship as a resort.

I do hope Royal starts adding water slides to ships. They are very popular on the other lines and don't have all the restrictions kids face with a Flowrider. The video I found of Escape featured the water park and ropes course heavily, so it must be a popular feature on their current ships.

I continue to believe that RCI offers more than enough features that are distinctive and not available on other lines, and will appeal to both kids and adults alike. I suspect that they have determined that for every prospective client they lose because of the absence of a water slide, they will gain a client because of the flowrider, skating rink, self-leveling pool tables, bumper cars, Ripcord, carousel etc. If anyone really has to have an onboard water slide in order to enjoy their cruise, there are lines which will provide that feature. Rather than lobbying RCI to add water slides, why not ask why other lines haven't followed RCI's lead in adding new and more innovative features?

I continue to believe that RCI offers more than enough features that are distinctive and not available on other lines, and will appeal to both kids and adults alike. I suspect that they have determined that for every prospective client they lose because of the absence of a water slide, they will gain a client because of the flowrider, skating rink, self-leveling pool tables, bumper cars, Ripcord, carousel etc. If anyone really has to have an onboard water slide in order to enjoy their cruise, there are lines which will provide that feature. Rather than lobbying RCI to add water slides, why not ask why other lines haven't followed RCI's lead in adding new and more innovative features?

It would be great fun to have a water park on a Royal ship.

Same configuration as Anthem......thankfully ropes and water slides are the "other" cruise line!:rolleyes:

It would be great fun to have a water park on a Royal ship.

The third (and fourth, I presume) Oasis-class ship renderings show a spiral water slide from ~ deck 18 to the pool deck near the front of the ship. Don't know what other new water park features are included.

Looking forward to the day when we'll get to see what else is actually going to be new on this class of ship!

25a10d7493a502c5164a9bb982959c1e.jpg

But, ya - no water slides or zip lines on the Quantum-class ships. The first two anyhow. ;)

I think that your friend may have seen a report akin to this;

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6107

As far as Anthem construction, she will be nearly identical to Quantum albeit with a few of the "minor changes" maritime builders typically employ.

[YOUTUBE]njTR6nZCyus[/YOUTUBE]

You can additionally view the Anthem of the Seas thread for photo updates;

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2087753

Edited by mbjboyle

I'll be on the Anthem TA next fall and I'm looking forward to bumper cars. (But then again, I'm not a kid.) :)

The bumper cars on Quantum were tremendously fun and I spent plenty of time tutoring the youngsters in applied physics. [emoji39]

First at sea seems to ring truer than innovative in my ears. I don't think bumper cars, crane rides, skydiving simulators, surf simulators, pool tables, or even Broadway shows are innovative in and of themselves. But Royal has made a near trademark of bringing fun things from ashore to their ships, in part to distract from the things people fear or dread about cruising: I'll be seasick, there's nothing to do but eat, etc.

Here is the Norwegian Escape video featuring the water park and ropes course, etc.

10832155_1575424916006778_1143677814_n.jpg

Yes, that is the video I found. Honestly...the ship looks like it is going to blow away Quantum/Anthem/Ovation. Great time to have so many choices.

Yes, that is the video I found. Honestly...the ship looks like it is going to blow away Quantum/Anthem/Ovation. Great time to have so many choices.

I actually find myself getting more excited about Escape, which we'll hopefully be booking sometime soon, than Anthem. My one unanswered question with Escape is whether NCL will be increasing the amount of open deck space over the -away ships and adding an aft pool. If they do, I think there's a very real chance that Escape will be an incredible ship with entertainment options rivaling the Oasis Class... But we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

CRAP to put it mildly, looks like the deck is under construction! It really was a horribly thought out idea.:eek:

CRAP to put it mildly, looks like the deck is under construction! It really was a horribly thought out idea.:eek:

I don't really consider how a sports and activities deck looks. Many new ships look like floating amusement parks. Then again many new ships look like they had an allergic reaction to shellfish and are not what one could call classically beautiful. There is always things stuck up there that aren't really aesthetically pleasing; basketball courts, mini-golf, rock wall, i fly, slides, ropes, or some combination or those things. But if they give people places to be and things to do included in the cruise fare, I'm all for it.

Then again, it's no pink bear either, so it's got that going for it. :cool:

You're entitled to your opinion, but to me, and I'm sure many other cruisers, it simply looks like a lot of fun. NCL Epic is a special kind of ugly, but I found Breakaway, Getaway, and now the renderings for Escape much more visually appealing.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by Dave85