Review: Our day in Ephesus (8th July 2014)

This brings back great memories of our very similar day in Ephesus (though we did get a very good lunch at the rug making school.)

You have a good eye for taking interesting photos with details of things in Ephesus.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello

We are going here soon but to be honest not really bothered about seeing Ephesus so what would you recommend?

Priene. Before we left, I asked my guide (Ergin at Ephesus Tours Best) what we should see besides Ephesus, and he took us to Priene. It's another ancient site, but it's up on a hill, in the woods, very well preserved, and, best of all, we were the only folks there. It was by FAR our favorite stop on the entire cruise.

Hello

We are going here soon but to be honest not really bothered about seeing Ephesus so what would you recommend?

Ephesus is an extraordinary site. Is there something particularly that doesn't interest you? Amazing ruins? Ancient history? I can only speak for myself, but if you skip Ephesus, I think you'll really be missing out.

Ephesus is an extraordinary site. Is there something particularly that doesn't interest you? Amazing ruins? Ancient history? I can only speak for myself, but if you skip Ephesus, I think you'll really be missing out.

Sorry we have just done too many ancient sites so would like something different?

Kids (teens) just not interested in old stuff as they have seen most of the meds ancient sites over the years

I have posted up photos and an account of our amazing day at the ancient site of Ephesus which we visited when cruising on the MSC Preziosa last month. The account starts a few posts down in this larger thread of our travels - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2074829&page=7

In Kusadasi (Ephesus?) we ate lunch with our guide at a restaurant next to the same rug coop. We did buy a rug and have it shipped. It took several weeks, but we did receive tit eventually. It was hand-delivered by two very nice Turkish men who tried to sell us additional rugs. They were very kind, not pushy. It was like being back in Turkey. Anyway, we did eventually receive our rug.

One poster asked what else there is to do in Kusadasi Our tour guide took us to the home of the Virgin Mary which was very interesting. If you are interested in shopping, a guide could take you to leather stores or pottery stores. Our guide also took us to a Mosque and explained the history and traditions. I am sure you could spend an entire day in beautiful Kusadasi and not see Ephesus.

Sorry we have just done too many ancient sites so would like something different?

Kids (teens) just not interested in old stuff as they have seen most of the meds ancient sites over the years

If you hire a guide, you can do Ephesus pretty quickly. I have teens also who have seen a lot of ancient sites. Ephesus is different. If nothing else, the cats roaming the site are interesting.

Kusadasi has a huge water park. Our guide pointed it out.

Edited by NCruiser2012