Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

Have any of you tried the website Venus.com? Lots of great buys, free shipping over $75, easy returns. Bought several dresses from them. Great quality

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I love Venus.com! Boston Proper, Chicos. All have cute clothes.

Have any of you tried the website Venus.com? Lots of great buys, free shipping over $75, easy returns. Bought several dresses from them. Great quality

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used to have a Venus store at one of our malls. I have bought bathing suits from them. I like them because you can mix & match. :D The store has closed, but I do check their website from time to time.

Tonight I found gown number 2 for the cruise next month ... it is a gown I wanted very badly when it first appeared on a runway, but the price was way out of range for me .. I found it on Ebay tonight for 25% of it's original price ...It will be here Tuesays :)

$_57.JPG?rt=nc

Edited by KLLund

Tonight I found gown number 2 for the cruise next month ... it is a gown I wanted very badly when it first appeared on a runway, but the price was way out of range for me .. I found it on Ebay tonight for 25% of it's original price ...It will be here Tuesays

What a beauty this one is, too! It looks like silk, and I'll bet it won't wrinkle in the suitcase, either!

Edited by pcur

Kathy, love that dress. Make sure you post a pic of you in it after your cruise.

Have fun.

Also, see that your in Portland, OR, our oldest grandson & his wife live there & they just told us we're going to be "Great Grandparents"! Hope to get out there soon after the baby arrives nx year. (by the way, I'm WAY TO YOUNG to be a "great-gm!! LOL ). :D

Also, see that your in Portland, OR, our oldest grandson & his wife live there & they just told us we're going to be "Great Grandparents"! Hope to get out there soon after the baby arrives nx year. (by the way, I'm WAY TO YOUNG to be a "great-gm!! LOL ). :D

Aren't we all :) I'm not but I have grandchildren old enough !

Any tips for packing the long gowns without them coming out all wrinkled? We have cruised mainly on NCL where we don't have to bring fancy clothes but we are going on CCL soon and I am thinking of pulling out the one fancy dress I own. The long skirt portion is more of a satiny material and if I remember correctly, it wrinkled the last time I brought it. I was thinking of possible rolling it this time but am wondering what others do. Thanks. This is the first time I have seen this thread and I am enjoying all the pics.

Any tips for packing the long gowns without them coming out all wrinkled? We have cruised mainly on NCL where we don't have to bring fancy clothes but we are going on CCL soon and I am thinking of pulling out the one fancy dress I own. The long skirt portion is more of a satiny material and if I remember correctly, it wrinkled the last time I brought it. I was thinking of possible rolling it this time but am wondering what others do. Thanks. This is the first time I have seen this thread and I am enjoying all the pics.

Go to your local dry cleaners and buy some dry cleaning bags from them...they work great to help reduce wrinkles.

Put it in a long cleaners bag as mentioned above, still on the hanger. On top of all your other clothes loosely fold it lengthwise starting at the hanger, and folding over again (like a VERY loose roll) until you reach the bottom of the garment. Then, fold the remaining plastic over the end. Make it the same dimension as the suitcase.

When you get it out, turn it inside out and spray the inside with water (I take a small, empty spray bottle and use it on al our clothes). Mist it gently and hang it in the closet. When all the clothes are hung up, the inside of the closet is slightly humid, and all the wrinkles in the clothes fall out.

The dress should be slightly damp to the feel, but on the inside only. No staining on the satin on the outside.

Wow Peggy, you are a professional! When you say dry cleaner bags do you mean just those clear plastic bags that they return your cleaning in? Now I know why we stopped bringing formal clothes. I remember my DH's suit jacket always had big creases in it no matter what we did. He refuses to bring it again. But if I have room, and that is a big but since I am only allowed one suitcase for a 9 day trip, I will try to add it on top. Thanks everyone!

Wow Peggy, you are a professional! When you say dry cleaner bags do you mean just those clear plastic bags that they return your cleaning in? Now I know why we stopped bringing formal clothes. I remember my DH's suit jacket always had big creases in it no matter what we did. He refuses to bring it again. But if I have room, and that is a big but since I am only allowed one suitcase for a 9 day trip, I will try to add it on top. Thanks everyone!

Yes, those exact bags. I also lightly mist my husband's jacket when I unpack it. A little moisture and hand-smoothing takes the creases right out of it after it's hung in the closet.

I pack my husband's tux and then my gown or gowns on top of it and bring the front of the tux jacket over the top of the gowns. Neither seem to wrinkle that way as there is not weight on the tux jacket to wrinkle it and the gowns are in the cleaning bags.

• 1 month later...