Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

This dress is perfect & a lovely color! I know what you mean with formal night fashion seen it run from the very casual to the very formal. It is pretty subjective now:)

I got this thread off track so now I'll get it back and leave Mrs. Cooney alone.:D

Wearing this for one of our formal nights. I was always a diehard gown wearer but when you show up in a gown and others at the table are dressed in what I would hardly wear for casual night, I just don't feel like bothering anymore. Before anyone jumps on that, I'm not knocking what anyone else wears, it doesn't bother me, it just makes me look out of place.;):)

It's hard to see but there are embellishments on the shoulders.

purplecocktaildress.jpg

Thanks, kind ladies, y'all aren't just saying those things and not really meaning it, are you?:D

Another reason I have all but giving up on gowns is, after some body changing health issues, it's difficult to find something in the right style that looks half decent.:( The style of this purple dress is one I can wear and much easier to find in short dresses.

Pcur, most all our cruises have been out of home ports so I don't have to worry about weight and usually I have my sherpa with me to carry cases.:D I have been going to knits, as is the purple dress, which travel so well but I understand you going to chiffons to cut down on weight.

It's nice that there are so many fashion choices out there that we can all find what works for us.:)

Thanks, kind ladies, y'all aren't just saying those things and not really meaning it, are you?:D

You know me - I would just keep quiet if I didn't like it.

Or I would be subtle and diplomatic and say something like, "That is a lovely colour on you, iheart, but wouldn't something like this be more appropriate for formal night?" : :D

puffy_purple_princess_ball_gowns_quinceanera_dresses.jpg

Or I would be subtle and diplomatic and say something like, "That is a lovely colour on you, iheart, but wouldn't something like this be more appropriate for formal night?" : :D

Please, oh PLEASE, where did you find that gown, I simply must have it.:D

I would call this dress "The Quintessential Quinceanera Dress"!!

I would call this dress "The Quintessential Quinceanera Dress"!!

Bang on! That is what is was touted as. :D

Iheart, I will send you order information only if you promise to wear a nice tiara with it.

I wonder what size of suitcase that would require? :eek:

What does everyone think of the new Mrs. Clooney's dress? In the upclose pictures, the fabric and detailing look gorgeous but I just don't care for high low dresses. The high is really high.:eek:

147983-original.jpg

Talk about being the beautiful people, makes me want to stay away from all mirrors.:o:D

147979-original.jpg

MAN, WHAT KILLER LEGS THOUGH! I suppose if I had legs like those, I just might show them off as well.

147980-original.jpg

If I am 10 or 15 year younger I would wear it. Saw a beautiful Oscar De La Renta at Neiman Marcus, but it is gone. Apparently he is in high low and fluffy dresses this year.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/Oscar-de-la-Renta/Apparel/cat41580760_cat7310735_cat000730/c.cat

No one is talking behind her back since I doubt anyone here knows her personally.:D Granted, few if any, know anyone here personally but Mrs. Clooney did not come here and ask for opinions.

I don't understand what you mean about being consistant.:confused: Sooooo, we should only say something nice if it happens to be a celebrity? BTW, if I have nothing nice to say about something a lady comes here and asks about, I say nothing.:)

I'm guessing you don't read the DWTS thread because there are lots of negative opinions about what some of the "celebrities" wear. Shame, shame.;)

I happen to think Mrs. Clooney is a very beautiful lady and with her legs was able to pull off the dress, I just didn't like it but I guess I should not have said anything.

Everyone has her own style. Some would think the dress is looks beautiful on her while another person think it is not. And I agreed with you, I do not respond to a post if I think the dress does not look good on the poster.

M

Edited by Porthopper101

I got this thread off track so now I'll get it back and leave Mrs. Cooney alone.:D

Wearing this for one of our formal nights. I was always a diehard gown wearer but when you show up in a gown and others at the table are dressed in what I would hardly wear for casual night, I just don't feel like bothering anymore. Before anyone jumps on that, I'm not knocking what anyone else wears, it doesn't bother me, it just makes me look out of place.;):)

purplecocktaildress.jpg

Darling!!! You would look fabulous in it. Will email later.

M

[ATTACH]326840[/ATTACH]

Here's another on from our Glory cruise. I wish I had a better one of me standing in the dress, but I don't.

tlcs - both dresses are pretty!

you confidence really comes through in the pic with the red dress...so even sitting down, it's great :D

tlcs - both dresses are pretty!

you confidence really comes through in the pic with the red dress...so even sitting down, it's great :D

Thank you so much! I lost 50lbs for that cruise, (and to get healthy) and I was really feeling great!

Well, I do like the dress! Yes I do. But I am way to old to wear it. And if I were younger and did wear it, I don't think it would fit in the ship's elevator!

But in the right setting and on the right person, all it fine.

I love seeing fashion on different people. I see lots of things I would/could not wear. But I enjoy seeing people happy with the way they look.

I know that I don't dress up to par, but I like what I wear. I like people having their own style, it is what makes us part of who we are.

purplecocktaildress.jpg

Love the dress and the idea of little purple dress :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk