Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 3)

Host Kat

A little of both. If you aren't used to wearing high heels, your legs and feet get tired and start to hurt after a while.

Depending on the shoes, I can go easily 2-6 hours with wearing high heels before it gets too uncomfortable. And this doesn't include sitting, because then the pressure is off your feet.

Thanks, Sinny!

What does everyone think of the new Mrs. Clooney's dress? In the upclose pictures, the fabric and detailing look gorgeous but I just don't care for high low dresses. The high is really high.:eek:

147983-original.jpg

Talk about being the beautiful people, makes me want to stay away from all mirrors.:o:D

147979-original.jpg

MAN, WHAT KILLER LEGS THOUGH! I suppose if I had legs like those, I just might show them off as well.

147980-original.jpg

I loved the dress and I would wear it myself if the white was black or purple. And I think she's gorgeous. Finally George found a lady that is his equal instead of eye candy and ring girls.

And I'm with Sinny, I don't think those heels are really that high. That's probably why she has such killer legs.

You put them on and trot away ;)

Seriously, they're not even that high. I own several pairs with higher heels.

Or were you referring to George?

And really, everyone. A internationally successful lawyer wouldn't show anuthing that's not appropriate in her wedding.

Just because the hemline is too high for you, doesn't mean it's too high for her.

I guess they are not "that high" in your opinion.....that is what makes

us all different. I think they are extremely high. I don't wear "high

heels" anymore. 2 or 2.5 inches would be the highest I would feel

comfortable wearing.

You are right about the hemline though....because I could never pull

that one off and would never try:eek:.....

Whatever floats your boat.....and they were in boats and so were

all their guests:D

I guess they are not "that high" in your opinion.....that is what makes

us all different. I think they are extremely high. I don't wear "high

heels" anymore. 2 or 2.5 inches would be the highest I would feel

comfortable wearing.

You are right about the hemline though....because I could never pull

that one off and would never try:eek:.....

Whatever floats your boat.....and they were in boats and so were

all their guests:D

I wouldn't wear that dress either!

But I do think it looks great on her.

And really, everyone. A internationally successful lawyer wouldn't show anuthing that's not appropriate in her wedding.

Just because the hemline is too high for you, doesn't mean it's too high for her.

Well said. Come on people, Mrs Clooney is a smart, successful woman, with killer legs who married her dream man while the whole world watched. That dress may not be your favorite, or too short for your taste but we give out compliments on this board daily on dresses we would never personally wear...why so harsh just because she is a celebrity?

I say congratulations to the beautiful couple.

Oh, and BTW, all the fashionistas say this high low hemline will become even more popular now that she has been photographed in it...so, just sayin, get used to it.

That dress may not be your favorite, or too short for your taste but we give out compliments on this board daily on dresses we would never personally wear...why so harsh just because she is a celebrity?

Couldn't have put it better myself!!

Very well said.

She looks stunning.

Well said. Come on people, Mrs Clooney is a smart, successful woman, with killer legs who married her dream man while the whole world watched. That dress may not be your favorite, or too short for your taste but we give out compliments on this board daily on dresses we would never personally wear...why so harsh just because she is a celebrity?

I don't necessarily think the negative comments are due to her celebrity status. Yes, ladies give compliments here on something they wouldn't wear but they are speaking to someone who has posted here. It's different when you're not speaking "directly" to the person in question.;)

I said the fabric and detailing were gorgeous and I referred to them as the beautiful people.:)

Oh, and BTW, all the fashionistas say this high low hemline will become even more popular now that she has been photographed in it...so, just sayin, get used to it.

We shall see what her influence brings. Never liked it before and can't see liking it any better in the future.

I just want to be sure I have this straight. It's okay to have an opinion about the dress as long as that opinion is a positive one in favor of the dress. But it not than keep your opinion to yourself? Just to be sure I know how this works.

I personally love the high low concept, just not in that particular dress. Oops, shame on me, expressing an opinion again.

I don't think anybody is being harsh. I love the red dress. I love the fabric and detailing on the white dress. I'm not a fan of the skirt style. But I think she's gorgeous and would be beautiful wearing a paper bag. We don't all have to like everything that a celebrity wears after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't necessarily think the negative comments are due to her celebrity status. Yes, ladies give compliments here on something they wouldn't wear but they are speaking to someone who has posted here. It's different when you're not speaking "directly" to the person in question.;)

Im sorry ladies, but this is what I am referring to. Of course it's okay to have an "opinion", but I find it suspect with the hundreds of pictures of dresses that have been posted here, you have loved them all? Probably not, but the compliments come just the same. I guess it's okay to jump on Mrs Clooney's dress because you are talking behind her back?

I'm just saying, if "miss cruiser X" or I, for that matter, had posted a picture of this same dress saying I was going to wear it on my next cruise, someone (maybe even someone who had said they didn't like it on her) would have told me how awesome it was and I should "rock it".

There is nothing wrong with being nice to people on a message board,,but be consistent. Or better yet, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

Im sorry ladies, but this is what I am referring to. Of course it's okay to have an "opinion", but I find it suspect with the hundreds of pictures of dresses that have been posted here, you have loved them all? Probably not, but the compliments come just the same. I guess it's okay to jump on Mrs Clooney's dress because you are talking behind her back?

No one is talking behind her back since I doubt anyone here knows her personally.:D Granted, few if any, know anyone here personally but Mrs. Clooney did not come here and ask for opinions.

I'm just saying, if "miss cruiser X" or I, for that matter, had posted a picture of this same dress saying I was going to wear it on my next cruise, someone (maybe even someone who had said they didn't like it on her) would have told me how awesome it was and I should "rock it

There is nothing wrong with being nice to people on a message board,,but be consistent. Or better yet, if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.

I don't understand what you mean about being consistant.:confused: Sooooo, we should only say something nice if it happens to be a celebrity? BTW, if I have nothing nice to say about something a lady comes here and asks about, I say nothing.:)

I'm guessing you don't read the DWTS thread because there are lots of negative opinions about what some of the "celebrities" wear. Shame, shame.;)

I happen to think Mrs. Clooney is a very beautiful lady and with her legs was able to pull off the dress, I just didn't like it but I guess I should not have said anything.

I got this thread off track so now I'll get it back and leave Mrs. Cooney alone.:D

Wearing this for one of our formal nights. I was always a diehard gown wearer but when you show up in a gown and others at the table are dressed in what I would hardly wear for casual night, I just don't feel like bothering anymore. Before anyone jumps on that, I'm not knocking what anyone else wears, it doesn't bother me, it just makes me look out of place.;):)

It's hard to see but there are embellishments on the shoulders.

purplecocktaildress.jpg

Edited by iheartbda

Wearing this for one of our formal nights. I was always a diehard gown wearer but when you show up in a gown and others at the table are dressed in what I would hardly wear for casual night, I just don't feel like bothering anymore. Before anyone jumps on that, I'm not knocking what anyone else wears, it doesn't bother me, it just makes me look out of place.;):)

purplecocktaildress.jpg

Being well dressed means being appropriately dressed for the occasion. If no one else is wearing gowns on this cruise, this dress would be entirely appropriate and you will be one on the better dressed without standing out in an awkward way. The little purple dress rocks!

I got this thread off track so now I'll get it back and leave Mrs. Cooney alone.:D

It's hard to see but there are embellishments on the shoulders.

purplecocktaildress.jpg

That's a beautiful dress! I have been on a campaign to buy the lightest weight fabrics I can to cut down on luggage weight. We go on very long trips once a year, and I've been trying to eliminate heavier knits from my luggge. I'm still taking my slinky pants and camis, because they are so versatile and don't wrinkle. But, my dressy evening clothes and day/evening tops are now migrating to all georgette/chiffon fabrics.

I now have a wardrobe of 10 chiffon jackets, ranging from very dressy to plain black. My black ones include a few with glitter accents, and I now have two for spring/summer cruises that I love. I think I posted one already, but this is my latest. I will wear it with a seafoam crepe georgette pantsuit that has a tank, pants and long jacket. I will substitute several jackets for a different look. The new one (cream floral) has sequined embellishments on the flowers:

403036635_LiznMefloraljacket.jpg.edccb43977af12fe23598b0a6cff2109.jpg