Glory - 6 & 7 hidden decks

beshears

If you have been on the Glory (I know they are doing dry dock right now when we go) within the past 6 months, I understand deck 6 and 7 they have "hidden decks." Could you give me an "easy" way t find them, if you know?

I have not been on Glory but I believe all the Conquest class ships have those little-known, outside decks forward on deck 6 and 7. If you walk all the way forward on either deck, there will be a door on the right or left (depending on if you're walking the starboard or port hallway), go through that door and you will exit onto that outer deck. There are stairs leading between the two decks as well. Here's a photo of that deck (deck 7) from the Freedom (apologies for the low quality of the image):

FreedomSecretDeckEmpress.jpg

• Like 1

Yep...just go all the way forward. I had one of the picture window cabins on the Conquest last August and there was a door on both the Port and Starboard side. Just need to walk to the front of the ship.

Note, they do lock the doors at times (high winds and late at night) but they are never crowded.

Deck 10, the panorsma deck has a so called hidden deck. Same procedure, go forward turn left or right through the double set of doors and you are there. There are no chairs or loungers, just a nice view.

Deck 10, the panorama deck has a so called hidden deck. Same procedure, go forward turn left or right through the double set of doors and you are there. No chairs or loungers available, just a nice view.

• Like 1

I was just on Glory last year. The "secret decks" are on deck six and seven all the way forward. Went out there multiple times after dinner and they were completely empty. Just walk all the way forward on either of these decks. On both the left and right there will be doors. Just go out the doors, and they you are. Secret decks. Have fun. Got great pictures out there.

I know your question has been answered but thought I'd ad a "visual map" to help. I did this last year to help explain to someone exactly where they were. This was Carnival Liberty, but it will be exactly the same for Glory. On our Glory cruise in 2010, we did not know about the secret decks yet and wish we had.

The map I attached: The red lines are what you follow (hallways on either side to very front of the ship). The "secret door" is the last door, on either side before you have to turn left (if on Starboard side) or right (if you're on the port side). These doors are not marked and if I'm remembering correctly, it's actually a double set of doors you'll go through. The first door leads to a little interior space only as big as a very small closet. Once in that area is another door in front of you that leads to the outside and secret decks. I could be wrong, but I seem to remember there is an unexpected step down but can't remember if that's going through that first door or if it's the second door to the outside deck, so in case my memory is correct, just watch your step. Hope this helps.

Liberty%20-%20secret%20door.jpg

Oh my thank you "everyone." This is something that I, if no one else will have to check out. :)

I always look forward to checking out "view areas" that a lot of people do not know about, or there is not a big crowd. Thanks for your answers and pictures. So If I'm right, I will walk through the hallway on deck 7 (going by the nice diagram/pictures provided) and noticing the room numbers as well, and then go out the door at the end to the deck, right?

Oh my thank you "everyone." This is something that I, if no one else will have to check out. :)

I always look forward to checking out "view areas" that a lot of people do not know about, or there is not a big crowd. Thanks for your answers and pictures. So If I'm right, I will walk through the hallway on deck 7 (going by the nice diagram/pictures provided) and noticing the room numbers as well, and then go out the door at the end to the deck, right?

All the way forward on 6 or 7. Look right or left. Door on each side. You can't miss it.

There's also an exterior stairway connecting them, so if one of the decks is occupied and you'd prefer solitude, the other one is a short walk away.

They tend to be quite windy when underway -- go figure! -- but are great for leaving and entering ports at slow speeds.

Yes, either Deck 6 or Deck 7. It will be the LAST door, on each side. I don't think the door is marked, no number or anything on it, just a door.