Conquest, Serenity deck confirmed for dry dock

Booogie27

John Heald posted earlier today that the Conquest will be getting a Serenity deck during the fall dry dock!

Fantastic! That's the best news I've heard in a while. My husband and I are doing a B2B on the Conquest for our 10th anniversary, and that was the only thing about the ship that I didn't like when we were on it last year. And it's not like they don't have room for it. So I never understood why they didn't have one. In any case, I'm glad that they will have it for when we sail.

I'm curious, though, as to whether this means that they will make the aft pool for all ages, or keep it as 18+. I always kind of figured it was adults-only simply to make up for the fact that the ship doesn't have a Serenity deck.

Fantastic! That's the best news I've heard in a while. My husband and I are doing a B2B on the Conquest for our 10th anniversary, and that was the only thing about the ship that I didn't like when we were on it last year. And it's not like they don't have room for it. So I never understood why they didn't have one. In any case, I'm glad that they will have it for when we sail.

I'm curious, though, as to whether this means that they will make the aft pool for all ages, or keep it as 18+. I always kind of figured it was adults-only simply to make up for the fact that the ship doesn't have a Serenity deck.

Other Conquest-class ships equipped with Serenity decks (in my experience, Liberty and Freedom) have those pools as 18+ also...or at least that was the case when I was on them.

So I'd expect them to remain that way.

Victory's aft pool was all-ages at one time, although that might have changed.

When is the drydock? We are thinking of cruising on Conquest in December. What other changes are planned do you know, perhaps Guys BBQ?? That would be nice.

Conquest already has Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina.

There is also a free/included barbecue place on Deck 10 (above the Lido buffet) called Ol' Fashioned BBQ, which we liked a lot. It's not branded as Guy's BBQ, but it was still good.

People don't usually discover its location until the third day or so. :)

Thanks cajunfla. If the Breeze update is any indication then Conquest should be getting Guys BBQ as well. I am a huge Guy fan so it will be good to get that as well as the Burgers. I can't find anywhere that is says anything about Serenity being updated but hope so.

Connie

I think people are getting a little confused about Guys :p. There is Guys Burgers and there is Guys BBQ (AKA: Pig n Anchor) They are 2 different venues.

I realized that possibility after I posted my reply, so I edited it to add the info about Ol' Fashioned BBQ being available on Conquest (since right before our October cruise).

It isn't branded as Guy's Pig & Anchor but I've heard they're similar...

In any event, it was really good. And "free." And uncluttered with pesky other cruisers. :D

Conquest already has Guy's Burger Joint and Blue Iguana Cantina.

There is also a free/included barbecue place on Deck 10 (above the Lido buffet) called Ol' Fashioned BBQ, which we liked a lot. It's not branded as Guy's BBQ, but it was still good.

People don't usually discover its location until the third day or so. :)

Good to know! Thank you for that information!

I realized that possibility after I posted my reply, so I edited it to add the info about Ol' Fashioned BBQ being available on Conquest (since right before our October cruise).

It isn't branded as Guy's Pig & Anchor but I've heard they're similar...

In any event, it was really good. And "free." And uncluttered with pesky other cruisers. :D

It cannot be branded as a Guy Fieri Pig and Anchor if the wood smoker capabilities have NOT been added to the ship.

Having a Serenity Deck added to a ship is a waste of space from my point of view. In all my cruises, I have never been able to take advantage of an Serenity Deck. Any time I have tried to go there, there were no available places to sit down, except the bar. And every time I went there, at least half of the sitting areas were occupied by flip flops, towels, a book, a hat, but no people. I refuse to get up at 5:00 am to rush up to the Serenity Deck to save a chair or multi-person sitting space with a piece of clothing or other junk so I can go back to it whenever I want throughout the course of the day. This area is available to such a small percentage of the guests that it is not worth putting it on ship.

Having a Serenity Deck added to a ship is a waste of space from my point of view. In all my cruises, I have never been able to take advantage of an Serenity Deck. Any time I have tried to go there, there were no available places to sit down, except the bar. And every time I went there, at least half of the sitting areas were occupied by flip flops, towels, a book, a hat, but no people. I refuse to get up at 5:00 am to rush up to the Serenity Deck to save a chair or multi-person sitting space with a piece of clothing or other junk so I can go back to it whenever I want throughout the course of the day. This area is available to such a small percentage of the guests that it is not worth putting it on ship.

Too many chogs but usually can get space on one of the couches or if very lucky in clamshell.

Oops, I can't get the quote feature to work :mad:. This is in response to Pellaz:

:hearteyes:

I look forward to trying it! I will be sure to go at the beginning of our cruise! Thx

Don't be too concerned about your timing when visiting Conquest's Ol' Fashioned BBQ; even by the end of the cruise there were never more than two people in line in front of me. They DO close at 2 or 2:30pm, though, so check your Fun Times for their operating hours.

We were on Conquest last year and there was an area that might as well have been serenity. I think it was on deck 10 aft. Lots of nice patio furniture (couches, chairs, coffee tables) underneath the overhang. We never saw any kids hanging out there our entire cruise. Maybe a few would pass through. And as far as that goes, there weren't ever that many adults there either. It was always very peaceful, especially at night when everyone else was at the bars & shows. Great place to relax or bring a meal.

We were on Conquest last year and there was an area that might as well have been serenity. I think it was on deck 10 aft. Lots of nice patio furniture (couches, chairs, coffee tables) underneath the overhang. We never saw any kids hanging out there our entire cruise. Maybe a few would pass through. And as far as that goes, there weren't ever that many adults there either. It was always very peaceful, especially at night when everyone else was at the bars & shows. Great place to relax or bring a meal.

It will be interesting to see if they take those areas away when they add Serenity to Conquest. They are on both sides of Deck 10 aft; the starboard side one allows smoking (of course) and had ashtrays set out. Hope they keep them there.