Chris & Ginny's Journey Cruise - 9 day Trip

I have read many detailed reviews but this one takes the trophy. With all of the photos and descriptions, I feel like I was right there with you the whole time! Makes me hungry for a cruise!

We drove down from Mebane, NC on April 28th and stayed at the Radisson that night.

I don't have time to read this whole review right now, but I thought I'd subscribe anyway and get caught up when I have an extra 3 or 4 seconds to spare. ;):p

Sorry for the abbreviated first post. My wife has come down with either severe allergies or a terrible cold. I had to help her out.

I will try to be more detailed from now on. I also have to edit my pictures today so I can post them. We had over 300 people sign up for our groups Meet & Greet. Only about 75 to 100 showed up. It was held in the Limelight Lounge.

I'll also repeat that you shouldn't stay at the Radisson unless they promise you won't have a sleep number bed. We got stuck with a sleep number bed and I didn't sleep good at all. Then we find out that they don't serve breakfast for free. The shuttle worked great to and from the hotel. I'm not fussing about the price of the hotel, just want a regular bed.

My wife and I took over 400 pictures on the cruise. I promise not to bore you with pictures of the ship since I figure by now everyone has seen the ship a multitude of times. I will show a minimum of ship pictures. The first day was spent on board (we boarded at about noon) zone 0-6. Then we had muster later on at about 3:30 pm. We noticed that several Coast Guardsmen were following the ships crew during the drill. I knew right then we were going to be delayed leaving port. We waited a while and then decided that with anytime dining, it was time to get ready to eat early. We went to eat and sometime during the meal....6:30 - 7'ish, the ship began to move out. We were lucky and had gotten a window seat as we floated down the channel. We went to see the welcome aboard show, and that was about all we did on the first night. Our luggage was in our room by 8:00 pm. I will add more later and hopefully get some pictures up. Thanks for following along.

Was on the same cruise; the boarding was delayed too. I was in the priority zone and we didn't start boarding until between noon and noon - thirty due to a surprised USCG inspection.

Still an awesome cruise.

First time we got off on all of the ports (St. Kitts, Barbardos, St. Lucia, and St. Maarten).

Second time doing the Sunshine and the same room as last year.

Would definitely sail her again.

Andy

I'm sorry that your wife was ill, I hope she's feeling better. I don't think that the pictures would be boring, but I also understand that it's a hassle to upload them somewhere else and then link them in your review. Thank you in advance for your review!

Sorry for the abbreviated first post. My wife has come down with either severe allergies or a terrible cold. I had to help her out.

I will try to be more detailed from now on. I also have to edit my pictures today so I can post them. We had over 300 people sign up for our groups Meet & Greet. Only about 75 to 100 showed up. It was held in the Limelight Lounge.

I'll also repeat that you shouldn't stay at the Radisson unless they promise you won't have a sleep number bed. We got stuck with a sleep number bed and I didn't sleep good at all. Then we find out that they don't serve breakfast for free. The shuttle worked great to and from the hotel. I'm not fussing about the price of the hotel, just want a regular bed.

My wife and I took over 400 pictures on the cruise. I promise not to bore you with pictures of the ship since I figure by now everyone has seen the ship a multitude of times. I will show a minimum of ship pictures. The first day was spent on board (we boarded at about noon) zone 0-6. Then we had muster later on at about 3:30 pm. We noticed that several Coast Guardsmen were following the ships crew during the drill. I knew right then we were going to be delayed leaving port. We waited a while and then decided that with anytime dining, it was time to get ready to eat early. We went to eat and sometime during the meal....6:30 - 7'ish, the ship began to move out. We were lucky and had gotten a window seat as we floated down the channel. We went to see the welcome aboard show, and that was about all we did on the first night. Our luggage was in our room by 8:00 pm. I will add more later and hopefully get some pictures up. Thanks for following along.

I agree with you 100% about the Radisson Sleep Number beds...they are terrible! My friend and I spent all night trying to adjust our sides to get comfortable enough to sleep! I would be just about asleep and then I'd hear her bed moving. Worst night of sleep EVER! :mad:

I agree with you 100% about the Radisson Sleep Number beds...they are terrible! My friend and I spent all night trying to adjust our sides to get comfortable enough to sleep! I would be just about asleep and then I'd hear her bed moving. Worst night of sleep EVER! :mad:

I hated my night on a sleep number bed too.

One of the Royal Ships that followed us around and chased us back to port the last night. It finally overtook us and got to dock earlier than us. I didn't sleep too well the last night as I was getting excited about going home and really, really looking forward to our 10 hour drive home. We live near Burlington, NC in a small town called Mebane where the Tangier Outlet mall is.

_DSC1056.jpg

Edited by sonicbuffalo

This was our lovely bed before the Steward came in. We were so tired from the long trip that we woke up late. I also smuggled some Crown Royal Black in my suitcase and was relieved that my suitcase came first and the booze was in it. I had a few drinks as I bought the Bubbles Soda card and mixed my own. It was worth it. :D

_DSC1058.jpg

This is the other part of our trashed room......before we decided on what to do on our first sea day. We ate dinner with a group the night before and really enjoyed meeting new people. That was the group we ate with and sat right by the window.

_DSC1059.jpg