Cove Balcony more private?

AnnArbor

I have been reading some threads that some people say that they have had neighbors on regular balconies looking around the partition into their cabin. Can you do that in a cove balcony room? I k ow that they aren't "soundproof " but can someone peek around and see in?

I have been reading some threads that some people say that they have had neighbors on regular balconies looking around the partition into their cabin. Can you do that in a cove balcony room? I k ow that they aren't "soundproof " but can someone peek around and see in?

Were on the Breeze last week and had a cove balcony. Loved it! I suppose if someone wanted to, they could peek around, but it would take some real effort. The cove balconies are more recessed than a regular balcony. I disagree with kona _ wahine. They are definitely different than a regular balcony. Far more private from prying eyes than a regular balcony. You won't get much direct sun, so don't plan on getting a good suntan while you're sitting out there.

Thanks beachbum53. That's what it looks like in pictures. Going on the Breeze Oct 2016 and booked a cove. Can't wait.

You will not be disappointed! Cove balcony is the best! Much more privacy then some of the others. Have a great cruise.:D

I think I'd have to disagree too. On a regular balcony your partition is an inch or so wide at the railing. With the cove, the hull is probably 1-2 feet wide where the partition would normally be. It would take some real effort and skill to look in the one next to you. Now, can you use your fingers and pry back the gasket around the partition and sneak a peak? Sure, but then you deserve whatever your eyes are blinded by :eek:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalDream/GrandMed/02Naples/nap1/P1010166.JPG

I've had two cove balconies. They are definitely more private. Sure, someone could look around the partition if so inclined, but they run the risk of falling into the ocean to do so. :)

have to add my two cents- cove balconies are indeed more private and much more difficult to peek in on. Also, they are larger at 45 sq. ft than the average regular balcony of 35 sq. ft. plus love the location on the lower deck, closer to the water and less chance of feeling a lot of movement.

They are also more private in the sense that people can't look up from the Lido deck and see into your balcony. Or at least that is what I've heard.

Lol! Great point. Anyone looking up into your balcony needs a life ring! Great point though about no hot tubs or promenade people to think about.

We have had a cove balcony and we love them. Yes, they are more private. If someone was trying to look in from around it, I would say they are trying to fall off the ship. The thickness of the round part that goes around them...well, I wouldn't want to try to peek around. :eek:

They definitely feel more private and another good thing about them is that they block a lot of the wind (and rain) too. :)

Take a look at this video:

(shows the cove balcony)

It would really take a lot for someone to peek around to see you. The cove balcony definitely felt more private to me than a regular balcony. You guys can probably "bond" with each other out there ;)

We have two cove balconies booked for our upcoming cruise on the Breeze in October, I am very excited as we have only had regular balconies in the past. We are in 2273 and 2275. I thought I have read that you can open the partition between two cove balconies, any one have experience with this?

Thanks!

Edited by Rockypoint