Best way to get a table for 2 in dining room?

Vitamin_Sea

We have requested table for two and never had a problem. Now, of course, when you book they put you in a group setting but on the day of embarkation, I mosey on down to the DR, introduce myself to the Maitre'D, and politely ask him if he could possibly do a table for two, late seating...he has always accommodated our requests. But I do always ask with a sweet smile and a bat of my lashes ;)

we currently have early dining confirmed on the Splendor.

Does YTD give us a better chance at a private table?

We will be contacting the Maitre D' in about two weeks to ask for a table for two. We are on the same cruise. I hope the Maitre D' is still Constantine. We always contact the Maitre D' with our seating requests. Most times we get a reply, a few times we didn't , but we ALWAYS have gotten what we wanted. There will now be responses saying to request through JH, but to me, the more people you put in the mix, the greater the chance of a screw up.

Others will say that the Maitre D' has no obligation to respond to your request, and they are right, but like I said, most WILL respond, and you will get what you requested whether they do or not.

The email for the Splendor Maitre D' is slmaitred@carnival.com

Anyone know which dining room or floor in dining room are MTD and which are assigned on Splendor?

The last time I was on the Splendor in October, the lower level of the Black Pearl was ATD. Upper level of the Black Pearl, and all of the Gold Pearl was Assigned Seating.

Would someone please enlighten me on how you get a table for two reserved in YTD when nobody knows when you will show up for dinner.

If you have ATD you request a table for two when you show up for dinner.

If you have Assigned Dining, you can request a table for two in advance.

Keep your early time dining and EMAIL THE MAITRE'D. We have done this on at least the last 5 cruises we were on and had the table we wanted upon arrival. We check it out on embarkation day and if it's not to our liking, then just ask or call the Maitre'd for another table. They will do what they can. Just make sure your name, sail date and booking number is on your request when you email them. Also let them know of any special occasion you may be celebrating.

Do this 2 weeks before you set sail.

slmaitred@carnival.com

ENJOY!

We do ATD and we have never had a problem getting a table for 2 at dinner. There's really not been an issue with wait times either. We usually go around 6 or so. What I have noticed is that there is usually a line when we leave, around 7-7:30. Probably because enough people haven't finished dinner yet to open enough tables up.

Keep your early time dining and EMAIL THE MAITRE'D. We have done this on at least the last 5 cruises we were on and had the table we wanted upon arrival. We check it out on embarkation day and if it's not to our liking, then just ask or call the Maitre'd for another table. They will do what they can. Just make sure your name, sail date and booking number is on your request when you email them. Also let them know of any special occasion you may be celebrating.

Do this 2 weeks before you set sail.

slmaitred@carnival.com

ENJOY!

Ok thanks

We will be contacting the Maitre D' in about two weeks to ask for a table for two. We are on the same cruise. I hope the Maitre D' is still Constantine. We always contact the Maitre D' with our seating requests. Most times we get a reply, a few times we didn't , but we ALWAYS have gotten what we wanted. There will now be responses saying to request through JH, but to me, the more people you put in the mix, the greater the chance of a screw up.

Others will say that the Maitre D' has no obligation to respond to your request, and they are right, but like I said, most WILL respond, and you will get what you requested whether they do or not.

The email for the Splendor Maitre D' is slmaitred@carnival.com

Thanks Jeff... see you in 37 days