Club Continent Suite Vs Club Ocean Suite Bathrooms

TxnAquarian

I am leaving on my first Azamara cruise in 75 days! Right now we are booked in a Club Continent Suite, but I am contemplating moving up to a Club Ocean Suite. I have been looking for pics of the bathroom for Club Ocean Suite, but only find room and balcony pics. Is there a big difference between bathrooms in these room types? I am trying to analyze every aspect of this room type before I spend another huge amount to upgrade. Thanks!

Michael

I am leaving on my first Azamara cruise in 75 days! Right now we are booked in a Club Continent Suite, but I am contemplating moving up to a Club Ocean Suite. I have been looking for pics of the bathroom for Club Ocean Suite, but only find room and balcony pics. Is there a big difference between bathrooms in these room types? I am trying to analyze every aspect of this room type before I spend another huge amount to upgrade. Thanks!

Michael

The Ocean Suite has a much larger bathroom with a whirlpool tub. There is also a guest powder room (no tub or shower.) I will try to find pictures.

As this is a forward-facing suite/balcony....wonder if that balcony will be useable when the ship is under way....

We have stayed in balcony cabin 6001, which is next door, and found the balcony was rarely usable. It was very windy and we also did not like the fact that crew members were in the bow in front of our balcony daily carrying out their work. The anchor was extremely loud when it dropped, as was the music from the cabaret lounge underneath during the shows and rehearsals. The couple in the cabin next to us moved after the first day of a two week cruise to a balcony cabin on the side, but we stuck it out and were sorry we did.

Michael

Hi Michael. As you know from reading my report we toured the Club Oceans Suite on Deck 7. I wish I'd taken photos of the bedroom bathroom because it was incredible! Here's the layout. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/explore-our-ships/azamara-journey/staterooms As you can see, the tub is set kitty-cornered in the room. The bathroom itself isn't particularly large by any means but the jetted soaking tub is, and so romantic looking. This is dopey but my first reaction to it was "wow this is a casbah bath!" The tub was in a nook and the ledge around it was just wide enough for a vase of flowers, a bottle of champagne and (battery operated) candles. The other bathroom, at the entrance to the suite, was pretty, and standard.

Thanks everyone, for all the replies with greats pics and suggestions! The room and bathroom look amazing and I am really interested in switching to this room type. However, it sounds as if the location isn't very desirable (I'm prone to sea sickness). From the deck plans, it looks as if the few Club Ocean Suites are all in that extreme forward location. Luckily, my travel agent is on vacation, so it gives me a bit of time to weigh the options.

Michael

Thanks everyone, for all the replies with greats pics and suggestions! The room and bathroom look amazing and I am really interested in switching to this room type. However, it sounds as if the location isn't very desirable (I'm prone to sea sickness). From the deck plans, it looks as if the few Club Ocean Suites are all in that extreme forward location. Luckily, my travel agent is on vacation, so it gives me a bit of time to weigh the options.

Michael

if you get one go deck 7 aft not forward.. deck 8 has windows over it. i can get sea sick so i always take a club suite mid ship

if you get one go deck 7 aft not forward.. deck 8 has windows over it. i can get sea sick so i always take a club suite mid ship

Isn't that the Club World Owner's Suite? OP was considering a Club Ocean Suite, which are only at the far forward location on decks 6 and 7.

Isn't that the Club World Owner's Suite? OP was considering a Club Ocean Suite, which are only at the far forward location on decks 6 and 7.

I missed that point but between the rocking of the ship on a bad day -anchor waking yuo etc i would never go there. yes, people get them but they are not always happy. .oh you do hear music from deck 5 show room too. not my ideal location for a cruise.

Michael

I also get sea sick, that is why we chose the suites in the center of the ship. Never had a problem with them. They are a little noisy the night of White Night Party, other than that quiet and fine.

So, there is no stand-alone walk-in shower in the Ocean Club suite? We are booked for the Norwegian voyage in 2016.

In 2015, we're in Owner's Suite (So. France, Spain); does it have a stand-alone walk-in shower?

According to the descriptions on Azamara's website, both Club World Owner's Suite and Club Ocean Suite have "Marble master bath with whirlpool tub and shower"--but I can't tell from the pictures if that is one combined unit or two separate fixtures. You can surely get a walk-in shower in a Club Veranda Accessible.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

So, there is no stand-alone walk-in shower in the Ocean Club suite? We are booked for the Norwegian voyage in 2016.

In 2015, we're in Owner's Suite (So. France, Spain); does it have a stand-alone walk-in shower?

There's a roll call for the 2016 Norwegian Fjords cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2108053