Oasis of the seas 3/14-21 a very fair review

I just got back yesterday and I wrote this while on board. I think I have provided a very fair and honest review of the Oasis. I don't dwell on something if it doesn't go *just* right and I realize nothing is perfect! I hope this helps someone out there before your cruise on the Oasis!

I am a single mom that traveled alone with my two children, ages 6 and 10. I am a unique traveler, so this review may or may not be helpful to everyone. I do not cruise for the food or shows. I cruise for the experience of being on a ship, the ports of call and just fun. Keep that in mind when you read this review. We also go to bed relatively early. My kids rely on their sleep, so I made sure they were in bed by 10:30-11 each night.

Friday, March 13th and Saturday, March 14th

We flew in from Columbus Ohio. Stayed at the Renaissance hotel right by the cruise port. Nice. Clean. It was expensive (in my opinion) but I used Amex points. If I hadn’t had the points, I wouldn’t have spent that much. I used the Walgreens across the street for some forgotten items. We ordered breakfast room service. Food was good, not too expensive. I called the front desk and requested a cab for 11 am (checkout time). We walked out and the cab was waiting. Took a short ride over ($7). Immediately checked our luggage at the curb and into the terminal we went. We went through check in, security and customs all within 20 minutes. This is something that Royal Caribbean has down to a science. Amazing efficiency. Had our picture taken and straight on boat we went. We walked around a little bit, amazed by the size of the ship. We had lunch at the Windjammer (more about the windjammer below) and into our room by 1 pm. Our luggage was waiting. The kids got into their bathing suits and we were at the pool by 2. Not too busy. They played around until dinner time, got a drink package (more on that later) and snacked on pizza. Dinner in the windjammer again and we registered for the kids club. We explored the ship and then headed to bed.

Sunday, March 15th.

We woke up relatively early, headed to breakfast in the windjammer and the kids wanted to go to the kids club. I dropped them off at 9 and headed to the deck 16 to sunbathe. (16 is primarily 18+ because the pools are on 15) No problem finding a chair. By 11:30, this was not the case. People were taking the stacked chairs and putting them in the walkway. The chairs are TIGHT. No room between them. As a “just 1” I was always in-between strangers. Not a huge deal, but it is like sitting on an airplane-not much room. Not great considering you are trying to relax. (not a damper on my trip though) I left the top deck as someone dove for my chair (adults behave worse than children on vacation). I got the kids, ate some lunch at the wipeout cafe and then off to the pool again. This time, finding a chair was next to impossible. There were plenty underneath the deck (no sun), and honestly that would have been fine with me, but I couldn’t see my kids. So I circled until I found something. (while the kids were playing.) I finally found one single chair in between two families. It was just SO tight. They couldn’t talk without me hearing every word. Pool wasn’t all that busy itself. Kids had fun. Cupcake class at 5. It was fine. Nothing to write home about, but I was glad they did it and if they wanted to do it again, I would let them. Hung around the promenade for a while and then back to the room for showers before dinner. We had reservations at 8 in our dining room, silk. It was formal night. I wore a simple black dress, my daughter in a cute dress with sandals and my son wore a sports jacket, dress shirt, bow tie and shorts. Not one person said anything about the shorts-in fact the hostess went on and on about how cute he was. I saw a bit of everything-pageant dresses, ball gowns, cocktail dresses, casual dresses and yes, shorts. I ordered the filet. Meh. I ordered it medium rare, and it wasn’t the least bit pink. Potatoes were fine. I also had the caesar salad. The kids had pizza and spaghetti. Both ate fine-no complaints. I have never been impressed with food on a cruise ship. Because I’m not here to eat and expect the most perfect meal every time, I am never disappointed. I will not pay for the extra $ restaurants because again, I’m just not a foodie. After dinner, my son wanted to play in the kids club, so we dropped him off there. My daughter and I walked around the boat, hung out in our room a bit. I picked him up at 10. We came back to our room, ordered room service dessert and then fell asleep.

Monday, March16th.

Labadee, Haiti. I had read up on Labadee. I felt like I knew what to expect and it was just that. Lots of water sports which my children are too small for, zip line (again, too small for), etc. It was very pretty (though I have been to prettier beaches) We woke up and headed to breakfast at the windjammer (for my kids, this was best. Lots of variety) The line was long to get in, but I have to say that it moved very fast. I am NOT a patient person so this was something I was dreading. When I saw the line, I became a little irritated, but again-it moved fast. Then we headed off the ship. I dropped my kids off at the kids club on the island. The kids club area was…well, lame. It is a small, sectioned off area with no access to the beach (I get it…that would be tough with kids), but they couldn’t even play in the splash pad right next to it. My daughter wanted to do some crafts and my son wanted to play with water balloons so they were good for two hours. I found myself a very close beach chair and read. It was beautiful and nice, quiet. Within an hour, the beach was filling up, chairs were everywhere and there were smokers of course down wind of me. I moved a bit to escape, but it just seemed to travel my way every time. I picked the kids up, we walked past the cook out lunch which none of us were hungry for. We stopped for some sunscreen (bring multiple bottles-we are already on our second bottle) and went straight up to the pool. Ahhh…bliss. Hardly anyone was there, but HOT. SO HOT. I felt like we were frying. I was able to get a very close up chair, so it was easy to watch the kids. Within an hour or so, it was just too hot for me. I moved down the way to a room under the deck, but I could still see the kids. Kids got loads of ice cream. I ran down to the park cafe in central park and got two roast beef sandwiches and some chips. My son and I loved the sandwiches and the kids snacked on the chips throughout the day. After I couldn’t take the heat much longer, we headed to our room. My little boy who is 6, just needed some downtime after all the swimming and heat. We showered, watched a little tv, sat on the balcony, sent off some pics to the grandparents, etc. My daughter went and got pizza from Sorrento’s (which we loved!) and we just hung around the room.

Tuesday, March 17-Falmouth, Jamaica.

As we were pulling into Falmouth, the kids and I spotted a rainbow. So pretty. The kids went down to the Promenade Cafe and brought up (to the room) croissants and danishes. They were enough for us-we had eaten enough! We showered and headed downstairs to meet up for our excursion. We did the Rose Hall Hilton all inclusive day. It was really nice. A 20 minute ride from the port. Tasheena was our guide (Chukka tours)-and she was really great. The bus was late, but she did a great job keeping our minds off the heat. We got there and the property was really nice. There were very few chairs, however. None by the pool-which is where my kids wanted to be. There were some by the beach, but they were all the way at the end and they were “add ons” (uncomfortable ones) The beach looked nice, but there was all kinds of seaweed or something in the water that I wasn’t interested in getting all over me. The pools were really nice and beautiful. The lazy river was nice, and the slides made my kids really happy. There weren’t enough tubes for the lazy river, however. You always had to wait for someone to give one up. Of course there are the people that keep them with them at their chair (though it says really clearly to NOT do this) I guess people just can’t help themselves. I finally did find a chair kind of near the pool, but it was a single one-and like the ship, they were really packed in there, so it wasn’t all that comforting or relaxing. Still-we had a great time. Worth the money. The kids ate beef patties, had lots of cherry cokes and I was able to enjoy some alcoholic drinks myself. I did not get to relax, but that was because my little boy was “just” tall enough to touch in the water and I was really nervous he was going to go under (though a great swimmer). I chased them around all day, got in the pool with them, went on the slides with them, ate with them, etc. The trip back to the boat was great (Chukka tours on an air conditioned bus) At the pier, we did some quick shopping (I thought everything was really pricey!) and then headed back on board. We showered, watched the sail off and then the kids went to the kids club for the night. I am not into the broadway shows, so I sat on the balcony and read all evening-which was amazing. So peaceful.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015-

Today was another day at sea. My kids had enough sun the past few days so today we took it easy. They wanted to do kids club all day, but I convinced them to at least have meals with me. We started off with the Dreamworks character breakfast. It was really fun and worth the extra charge. (I can’t remember what it was, but it was minimal) My kids are *almost* too old for the character type stuff, so after 2 character visits to the table, they were ready to go. The show that the characters did was quick, but cute. Breakfast was made to order (in one of the dining rooms) and everything was really good. Again, I do not cruise for the food, but I have to say that the eggs benedict dish was great. I checked them in to kid club at 9 and I headed to deck 16 to lay in the sun and read. I lasted *maybe* an hour before I was just done. I was also just a bit sick of that super bright sun. ( I LOVE the sun, but I couldn’t read and I was feeling restless) I headed back to the room and read on the porch until lunch. I picked the kids up and we sat in the room on the balcony and just watched the water go by. At two, they were ready for kids club once again, so I dropped them off. I browsed the shops, ate some food (pizza) and lounged around for a while. For dinner, we did the windjammer and then some pool time before I checked them into kids club ONCE AGAIN. Tonight I laid in the Solarium and watched the sun set, read and made a few phone calls.

Thursday, March 19- Woke up this morning early to watch us pull into Cozumel. The water was beautiful-Cozumel not so much. We met at 9:15 at the end of the pier to do the dolphin encounter at chankanaab. Chankanaab is really pretty and a nice park. The dolphin encounter was great-memories that my children will carry with them for life. The following thoughts on the dolphin encounter are my opinions and they are not complaints. Just information that hopefully will be useful to someone booking the dolphin enounter at Chankanaab. You get in the (cold at first) water and stand on a platform that is covered in algae/sea moss/seaweed. If you are skeeved out by kind of icky stuff touching your feet and hands, this may not be for you. It didn’t bug us. My daughter is 10.5 and is a strong swimmer, but she is little for 10.5. My son is 6 and he is on the small side too. I would say he is a strong swimmer for being 6. We all put on life jackets and got in. You kind of hold on to this fence in the “pool” where the dolphin is. It is part of the ocean though, so there are waves. It is not still water. (though it wasn’t super rough) Neither of my children could hold onto the fence and also interact with the dolphin. Their arm span wasn’t long enough. So I had to hold them while I held onto the fence. (If you were to not hold on, you would float across the pool area, and you need to stay in one spot. So I am holding one kid, then another. It was tough. Then it was my turn to go. They obviously couldn’t hold me so this really nice family helped me out a bit so that I could interact with the dolphin also. Of course everything is about the pictures-that is obviously where they make their money. In each group, you are assigned a photographer. You can not take any cameras out onto the docks, so your only option is to buy their pictures. They are good pictures and I really wanted them for my kids. After heading inside, they show them to you immediately on computers. I asked how much for our pics (can’t remember how many are on it) He told me about $220-$240. I told him no way. I told him that the highest I would go would be $100. He came down to $150. I told him I would do $120. He took it. He told me “not to tell anyone.” Immediately everyone is asking how much you spent. Another person paid $180 for the same pictures. I wish they would just give you the lowest price and be done. We walked around Chankanaab for a bit after that and headed back to the boat. We did some light shopping at the pier and headed in. My kids did the afternoon kids session for about an hour and then we went to the pool for a bit. There is a pajama party tonight in kids club, so they went there at 7.

Friday, March 20th-final day at sea. We truly took it easy this day. We laid by the pool, did a few family activities and the kids did the farewell adventure ocean session. (had such a great time). I packed in the afternoon and put our luggage out at about 10. I paid for the $20 per bag valet program and I am SO happy I did. We had 3 huge bags with the three of us and my six year old couldn’t pull one. They took the bags from the hall and they were the first ones out in Columbus. That is the best program ever! Note that they charge you $20 per bag PLUS the $25 per bag fee with your airline (delta in my case). With three bags, they added $135 to my room charge. So you do not pay anything at the airport. They check you in and print your boarding passes and leave them for you on Friday night. Great program!

Saturday, March 21-debarkation was easy. I did wait a bit in customs, but we left the ship at 8 am, made it to the airport by 9 for our 11:45 flight. (wasn't sure how long it was going to take, so I allotted for extra time *just in case.*

Observations:

1. This is odd to say, but the artwork on the Oasis is odd. I can’t explain it, but the pictures at each stairwell are of odd things, out of focus and just strange for a cruise ship. I’m not complaining, I just noticed it each time I went up and down the steps.

2. Let’s talk about size. This is a huge boat. I’ve read complaints about people standing in line for an hour or being so crowded they can’t move. It’s just not true. I am onboard with everyone and their brother because of spring break-I’d say the ship is full. I’ve never waited for a table and any shows I reserved before I left. If you really want to see a show, RESERVE BEFORE YOU LEAVE HOME. Don’t get on the boat and then complain about how you couldn’t get in. I called at 3:30 and was able to get dinner reservations in the our dining room for 2. 5 hours later. (My time dining) I have ONE complaint about lines, however. The customer service desk. The line is always long and it is always extremely slow. No one wants to stand in line like that on their vacation. As for the physical size of the ship, it is absolutely breathtaking. It is amazing when you come into port and any other cruise ship is there. What I once thought of as a “big” cruise ship looks like a baby ship compared to the Oasis. Just amazing.

3. Our plumbing didn’t work for one entire day of the cruise. I didn’t go crazy and complain, but I did let customer service know. It was ALL day. They followed up today after fixing it (It was more than one room) and offered me 15% off my next cruise for the inconvenience. I felt that was a very nice gesture. I’m a landlord so I understand not everything works all the time. I didn’t expect this at all!

4. Everyone wants a tip. On the cruise ship, off the cruise ship, etc. Bring your ones. Even the people selling stuff in Cozumel have a tip jar. They are selling you something. I found that to be a bit much, but I’m not complaining-I just didn’t tip them. I did the prepay tips and that’s all I tipped. That may horrify people, but we never used the dining rooms, I never asked anyone to go out of their way to do anything… I just feel like the tips I’ve paid were enough. Just my opinion...

5. Cabins are small but never once did I feel it was too small for us. (3 of us), cabin 8666. The kids slept on the pull out couch and every day our cabin steward pulled it out at night and put it back in the morning. The showers are small. I have no issue with them, but I am 5’1 and about 120 lbs. My 6’4 boyfriend would have a tough time. Storage was unique, but if used right, I had plenty of space for clothing and toiletries. The location of our cabin was perfect for us. Aft and right outside the doors to Central Park. You could go down a few flight to the board walk and one more to the Promenade. I never heard any noise in our room and I certainly couldn’t hear the park or anything else. It was quiet and peaceful.

6. Central park is amazingly calm and never crowded. Our room is just off of Central park. I love walking through there every day. The music, the birds chirping (not real…but sounds that way) and the flowers… It’s just a great area!

7. Elevators were fine. Never had to wait long for one. Let me note that we were a full ship-spring break. Still never experienced any issues with waiting.

8. Pools were great. Something for everyone. My kids loved the kid pool. On at sea days, get there early to get your seat. I had a really hard time finding anything on the first at sea day. It was packed. The pool chairs right around the pool are small and tight. You are on top of each other. This is probably the only day I felt the size and amount of people on the ship. I was frustrated a bit because I couldn’t see my kids while they were playing, but people were reserving chairs that they weren’t sitting in. I never saw a pool attendant move towels and belongings like the sign said. The moving water pool (not sure how else to describe it) is dangerous if your child can not touch well. It moves fast and I saw a few kids struggle. I told the kids not to go back in. My daughter was fine, but my little boy was just too small. I laid out on deck 16 twice and both times people were taking chairs out of the stack and putting them in the aisle ways and anywhere they could shove them. No one monitors any of this, so it just goes on. This is something I wish they would police a bit better.

9. Towels are a big deal. Don’t lose your towel, don’t take your towel. You have to sign them out with your card (2 per card) and they DO check when you bring them back and then they come off your card. We kept 4 all week and kept just getting fresh ones. I turned all 4 in on the last night. If you don’t turn one in, you get a $25 charge on your account. I saw MANY people leave towels behind. I counted every time we left the pool because I’m not paying $25 for an old, used towel. (I do understand why RC does this and I think it is a good system though!)

10. Food-I have never been impressed with food on a cruise ship. Because I’m not here to eat and expect the most perfect meal every time, I am never disappointed. I will not pay for the extra $ restaurants because again, I’m just not a foodie. We ate in the dining room once (first formal night). All other times, we ate anywhere else that was free. It’s all about the same. The only thing I have to say that I loved was the roast beef sandwiches from Park Cafe. Do not miss out on them. They are SO good. My little boy loved them also. They also have bags of chips there, so we would stop and grab a few for a snack later. The windjammer is the windjammer. Sub par buffet food. Wipeout cafe was just the burgers and hotdogs from inside the windjammer, but distributed in a different place. Nothing to write home about. (again! I am not a foodie that cruises for food!) My kids loved the Sorrento’s pizza. It was okay, but a huge hit with my kids. Croissants and pastries many mornings from the promenade cafe, ice cream on the pool deck, etc. It was all fine. I didn’t have anything that was awful, but I didn’t have anything spectacular either.

I purchased the coke package for myself. I don’t think I’d do it again. I felt an obligation to use it because I felt like I wasn’t getting my money’s worth if I didn’t. I didn’t drink enough water on this trip. I think it would have been nice to just not have it. I don’t think it was insanely priced, but for being a bit healthier on the next cruise, I am going to pass. I had a few alcohol drinks one on Labadee and they were fine. Expensive. (But I was expecting that!)

11. Shops-the shops were nice. I do not understand Coach, Kate Spade and Michael kors selling purses on a cruise ship. Do they sell enough to make it worth it? I never once saw anyone in the Coach store (odd location in Central park-away from other shops). I saw a few people at Kate Spade but never buying anything. Michael kors is under construction, so they put a table out and sold them from that. People WERE looking at those. Not sure how many people actually purchased them though. I love purses (especially Kate Spade) but I would have never purchased one on board. I didn't even go in the store. I’d rather spend my budgeted money on fun things and experience for my kids.

12. If you want to get onboard credit by booking another cruise, you can get the credit in the amount of your deposit for the cruise that you are on. I did this. I booked for next spring break with $100 down, and $100 on board credit for the cruise I’m on. You can always change it, but the $100 is nonrefundable. I booked the adventure of the seas 7 night southern caribbean for next march. I got the bogo 50% off deal and actually paid less for that cruise than this one.

13. Pictures. Sigh. They are price and not many deals on the printed versions of your pics. I don’t mind getting a disk, but it seems they want you to buy A LOT for those packages. I ended up buying the 10 prints for $174 and then I bought two of the smaller pics at $16.99 each. It wasn’t cheap, but the pictures were really great.

14. The Solarium was beautiful. I had a few hours one night and laid in one of the round beds and read. Wonderful. After about an hour a family came in with two very rowdy children and let them scream and yell. Not the kids’ fault…not sure why the parents would let them act that way in an “adult only” area. I was *just* about to say something to the attendant and then the family left. I was a little annoyed, but this was a bad adult decision on the parents fault. Nothing to do with Oasis or RC.

15. Bingo. Holy Bingo! It was expensive to play! I walked out because I think they said it was $68, but you got a machine? I don’t know what the machine does, but I was just looking to play a few short rounds.

Ocean Adventure-it was good. My kids enjoyed it. I would much rather have the kids out in the sun, playing in the pools or just hanging out with me-but it was a nice place to send them for a few hours if nothing else on the boat was appealing to them during that time frame. The staff was great. They seemed to truly care about my kids. It was a great experience.

16. Casino-I walked through a few times, put $20 in one time. It’s just smoky. When you start to go down the stairs to the Casino area, you start to smell it. Smoke and then some type of air freshner to cover up the smoke smell. It doesn’t work. I would be all about a non smoking cruise.

17. Employees-Everyone was kind and polite to us. MOST everyone acted like they loved their job-except in two places. I found this was on going-every day, not just a instance where I caught them in a bad mood. One was the photo shop. The employees (2 in particular) acted miserable. I pulled my folio down one time and was kneeling on the ground to look at pictures because all the tables were taken. She jumped all over me telling me that they “needed that space”. It wasn’t in the middle of the area, it was to the side, by the edge. I just put the folio back and came back another day. She also yelled at me because I was taking pictures of the pictures on the screen one day. I admit, I did it. But they can’t be reproduced! They are all distorted on the screen so that you can’t take a picture and print it out. It would be impossible. The reason I was taking a picture of the screen was to email my parents to see what pictures they would like. It wasn’t even that she “caught” me doing something-it was just kind of the way she dealt with it. She informed me very curtly (which I understand she probably has to say this a lot) and then she told me she needed to see me delete that picture. I deleted it, but then she acted like I had more or something. I shut the phone down and just told her I had one-which was the absolute truth-and it was now deleted. Every time I saw her she had a rotten look on her face-never once a smile or offering help. Also, the people at the Sorrentos. They looked miserable-every one of them. Not sure why, but I never saw them smile or go out of their way for anyone. Just slapping pizza on a plate and handing it to you. If you say thank you, they don’t respond. In saying this, I want to point out that with ALL the employees on this ship, just two areas I found need some help. That is so minimal.

18. Spa- I had a pedicure one evening. I will not say the name of the lady that did my pedicure but she was a REALLY nice person and we had great conversations between the two of us. The pedicure was great, but the spa wasn’t top notch. I would absolutely get another one-but it wasn’t beautiful. The chairs weren’t super comfortable. BUT! It was a great pedicure with a great employee. The reason I won’t mention her name is because of the selling methods they go through. She gave me a free facial, which was very nice. I could not fully relax during the pedicure because of the way she had to sell me on products. I believe she was completely doing her job and I do not hold it against her-but at one time, I had over $1000 in creams and masks on my lap that she really wanted me to buy. I ended up buying a mask that I do really like, but I didn’t come on vacation to buy $1000 in face creams. Again, she was wonderful, but I honestly felt a little guilty not buying a bunch of stuff. Pedicure-wonderful. Pushy sales techniques-a little annoying.

We had a great time. This is just what I needed with my kids. I was nervous about taking the kids out of the country on my own. It was really easy. I loved the Oasis, I didn’t mind the size or the amount of people. I never saw the “crazy spring breakers” that I have read about on Cruise Critic. There were a lot of kids. Would I have chosen this cruise as an adult only trip? Absolutely not. This was not about me though. This was about my kids. I told them that they could do whatever they wanted on the ship as long as it was age appropriate and it didn’t break any rules. They loved it. My daughter was able to sign herself in and out of kids club and go to grab pizza or a coke. I always felt she was safe. I did not let her “hang out” in the cabin of other families. We did have a little girl ask and I had to say no. Just a little too close for me. I LOVED how many kids were onboard because my kids made so many friends. Kids were well behaved in my opinion. I would say that I saw many more misbehaving in adults than in kids. The biggest complaint I had with a few adults was that they would cut in line (a line that moved incredibly fast at the Windjammer), they want to be the first off the boat and they don’t care if they nudge your kids with their elbows or bags. Generally people were so nice and were so willing to help out if I had my hands full. I would say 95% of the time that was true. The other 5% was just typical adult bad behavior. That has nothing to do with RC or the Oasis. Just adults needing some lessons in manners.

I read EVERY review I could find on the Oasis. I did my research. I went in knowing that I needed to book shows in advance. I knew A LOT. I reviewed everything here-and honestly this is the best cruise I’ve taken and the best spring break trip that we have taken. Royal Caribbean is a great cruise line and the Oasis is simply amazing. I am so glad we did this-I have absolutely no regrets.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your review.

Would you please give me your honest opinion.

We have two granddaughters, 3 and 6. From your experiences on the Oasis, are they too young to enjoy an Oasis cruise. We are seriously considering taking them on the Oasis.

Again, thank you.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for your review.

Would you please give me your honest opinion.

We have two granddaughters, 3 and 6. From your experiences on the Oasis, are they too young to enjoy an Oasis cruise. We are seriously considering taking them on the Oasis.

Again, thank you.

They would love it! Lots to do for them and the Ocean Adventure program is great!

Awesome review. Thank you. It is so nice to see a review that is written without the usual complaining about immaterial things. I am not sure when people are on holidays why they look to find the negative in everything. Thanks

Great review. Just a comment regarding luggage valet program. It is $20 per person not per bag, plus any fees your airline charges for the bags. You could have shipped the bags in your name, especially as they were for children and saved money. Not sure how many bags each person is allowed but I know it's at least two, as that's what I normally ship.

Great review. Just a comment regarding luggage valet program. It is $20 per person not per bag, plus any fees your airline charges for the bags. You could have shipped the bags in your name, especially as they were for children and saved money. Not sure how many bags each person is allowed but I know it's at least two, as that's what I normally ship.

Great point. Wish I had thought of that!

Thank you for your great review but thanks even more for being the kind of parent that appears to really care about what her kids are doing! Today so many parents on cruises let their children just run around and don't watch them for example, in the pool. It is so refreshing to hear how you put their safety above your own relaxation and vacation fun. You sound like a great parent!

Thank you for your great review but thanks even more for being the kind of parent that appears to really care about what her kids are doing! Today so many parents on cruises let their children just run around and don't watch them for example, in the pool. It is so refreshing to hear how you put their safety above your own relaxation and vacation fun. You sound like a great parent!

Thank you! I always say that my kids can annoy me, but they certainly won't annoy someone else if I can help it.

It was truly a wonderful week where I felt like I got to know my children even more than I already do. Can't wait to do it again!

We were on that same trip and there is nothing I disagree with. Luckily we were in an OS so didn't have to mess with the deck crowding. But, I could see it was a zoo after 1100 AM on sea days. We only got off ship at Labadee so port days onboard were wonderful.

Didn't have personal experience with kids clubs. But our 3.5 YOA niece did and she seemed to love it.

I never saw those "rowdy spring breakers" everybody talks about. I guess they were on another ship somewhere.

You said your daughter would check herself out to get a coke or something. Are there any drinks (obviously I mean water) available to the kids in OA or do I need to send them with a water bottle? I loved your review. We'll be on the Oasis in a few weeks!

Hi,

Thanks for a great review. I am booked in the cabin next to yours, 8664. I booked it purposefully because of its proximity to Central Park and the elevators. But, after booking I noticed, from the deck plans, it looks like a solid wall separates the rooms from Central Park. I am sure that is not true, but could you explain? Is it an open entrance into CP? Are there doors? You don't have a picture, do you?

Hi,

Thanks for a great review. I am booked in the cabin next to yours, 8664. I booked it purposefully because of its proximity to Central Park and the elevators. But, after booking I noticed, from the deck plans, it looks like a solid wall separates the rooms from Central Park. I am sure that is not true, but could you explain? Is it an open entrance into CP? Are there doors? You don't have a picture, do you?

You will have to walk about 20 feet to a hallway with the elevators, then out the sliding glass doors to Central Park. You can not see central park from the room. It was a GREAT location in my opinion.