Royal Caribbean Visa Card?

jules815

I have never done that before now, and am enjoying the ease of fewer checking account transactions.

Couple it with good budgeting software and it actually makes keeping the household budget a breeze. We've really come to love working this way.

Now if we were as savvy as others who can use a different card for different purchases to maximize their benefits... But I'll stick with what we do. It works and I'm not a good juggler :)

The Citi card isn't QUITE 2%, because they give you the extra 1% when paying the balance after applying the first 1%.

For example you spend 5,000. You get $50 as your 1%. The extra 1% is calculated on $4950. or $49.50, making the effective benefit 1.99%. I know it's slight, but just FYI. I do like you can set this up as a direct deposit too.

Couple it with good budgeting software and it actually makes keeping the household budget a breeze. We've really come to love working this way.

Now if we were as savvy as others who can use a different card for different purchases to maximize their benefits... But I'll stick with what we do. It works and I'm not a good juggler :)

I have good budgeting software. Married her 29 years ago. :D

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Sams offers a master card with 5% cash back on gas 3% on travel (restaurants, airlines, hotels, cruises). Only 1% back on other things but it has advantages when used selectively. There is a fee but having a Sams membership can be useful. Use it to pay for your cruise and it's like a 3% price drop that is combinable with all offers.

We have had our card 2006 and use it for payments of electricity, water... Things that you would normally right a check for monthly that adds points that can be used to purchase or cashed in toward balance of booked cruises. Points can also be converted to onboard credits to be used on the ships seapass. We have never been denied use of the points even on the BOHOGO booking since I normally put the down payment on our card and apply points later.

We pay off our balance monthly and in 8 years have never paid a penny of interest. Just enjoying the points! :)

Does anyone here us a RC credit card and are you happy with the benefits?

Thought it might be time to get a credit card with travel benefits.

We have had our card 2006 and use it for payments of electricity, water... Things that you would normally right a check for monthly that adds points that can be used to purchase or cashed in toward balance of booked cruises. Points can also be converted to onboard credits to be used on the ships seapass. We have never been denied use of the points even on the BOHOGO booking since I normally put the down payment on our card and apply points later.

We pay off our balance monthly and in 8 years have never paid a penny of interest. Just enjoying the points! :)

Why not have a card that pays 6% for groceries and 3% for gas

I have had the card for about 7 years now and have not gotten bitten by the fine print yet.

BUT, be aware the points expire at the 5 year mark. In the past I never had to worry about it, but not cruising as much over the next few years as DW took a new job (she is happier now) but her seniority does not really allow for cruising when we normally like to.

I've had the card since 2006 and have gone on 2 free cruises. Only had to pay port charges.

I have enough points for another free cruise but can't use it on Quantum. :(

I will use some points for OBC, which is not a good return on points but I don't want to lose them.

I use the card for everything and don't carry a balance.

The card works for me.