The Gem coming back to NYC in 2017

jmele999

I just checked the NCL website and the Gem is coming back to NYC in 2017 and doing 10 night Eastern Caribbean cruises in January and February 2017. I know that a lot of us were hoping that the Gem was going to stay in San Juan and do 7-day southern Caribbean cruises. Maybe next time.

The San Juan runs were never meant to be permanent, they are just a seasonal thing...

New York will continue to be the Gem's home port with the seasonal exception of the San Juan itineraries :)

The San Juan runs were never meant to be permanent, they are just a seasonal thing...

New York will continue to be the Gem's home port with the seasonal exception of the San Juan itineraries :)

I agree, but considering that the Gem will be in San Juan for October - December, 2016, we were hoping that she was going to spend the rest of the winter in San Juan and return to NYC in April.

Awesome news, thanks for posting. I was worried the Gem was leaving and we were getting another mega ship in NYC. We love the BA but one mega ship is enough IMO.

Bliss is due March 2017 so they may still put it in NYC.

I just saw the 2017 Gem sailings out of NYC. That is the same year of our 5th wedding anniversary. We were thinking of booking one of the bigger rooms and splurging a bit. A bit hesitant on spending the amount of money needed and never sailing on ncl before. Am I being crazy by worrying and should just book the thing already or should we not do it? Thank you for all advise. It's greatly appreciated!

was hoping they moved the Gem to Boston...after 3+ years of the Dawn doing the Bermuda run, I think it's time for a "newer" ship to come to Boston!

Hope you guys get Bliss. Would love to have it in driving distance ;)

Hope you guys get Bliss. Would love to have it in driving distance ;)

Do the Dawn with us to Bermuda Oct 7, 2016 and then we'll consider doing the Bliss with you if she is deployed to Boston in 2017. :)

I may be wrong but wouldn't Bliss be too big for Boston? Thought I read that someplace.

I don't know, but why would that be? No bridges to pass under, and the Black Falcon Terminal is long enough for three end to end ships...and I don't believe the draft of the Bliss is even as much as the Queen Mary 2, which regularly calls at Boston....:confused: