!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Thank You for this amazing review! We just booked a cove balcony, last minute, for the 8/24 sailing! I'm even more excited after reading your review and seeing all the wonderful pictures! I'm a planner, so to book this cruise less than a month from sailing, on a ship and line we've never sailed, had me a little stressed! NO MORE! Thank You again!

Great review and pics, I love the illusion pictures I wish my camera had that feature. I also have the Olympus tough camera. I haven't used it in the water yet. Those pics you took of the stingrays came out really nice and clear.

I haven't sailed on the Breeze yet, after your detailed review of the ship that will be the next ship I sail on. Hopefully next year before I sail on the Allure in Nov'15.

I'm going to read your Allure review now:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gambee! I know I'm a little late to the party, but better late than never. I was over on the NCL boards awhile ago and several peeps mentioned you. I wondered who was this Gambee in which they speak?? So after finishing mitsugirly's review, I came across your Breakaway review. Your reviews are some of the best I've ever read. You truly are gifted, and they are so helpful. The pics are incredible. The pics from your Horse Shoe Bay(??) excursion were phenomenal, as well as your stingray excursion. Now that I am done with this, I think I will start your Disney review. That will keep me busy until next week, where I will be impatiently waiting to read your Divina review.

I hope you are having a fantastic time right now!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I just read your Breeze review - what an awesome review! I will be doing the Breeze's southern itinerary, in October. You made me feel like I was right there, on the ship, with you. You have a lot of the same likes and dislikes, as me, so, this review was beneficial, to me, since it wasn't loaded with a lot of stuff I don't care about. It's funny, I had only planned on reading the parts about the ship and not what you did in port - since I have been to those ports and my Breeze cruise will go to different ports. But, you really drew me in and I couldn't stop reading - I loved your Key west and Grand Cayman reviews.

I am sorry to hear about the food in the MDR. I noticed on my last cruise (Carnival Dream) that the food in the MDR had started going down hill. But, the service has always been fantastic. But then I have always had early seating - so, maybe Carnival is still struggling with anytime dining, jmo.

Again, fantastic review! I am going to have my Mom read it, this weekend, when she comes to visit. I am taking her on the Breeze in Oct. and she doesn't do computers, at all. So, I am going to have it set up up, for her, to read. I am sure it will make her even more excited.

Gambee,

I wanted to pop over here to say thanks again for this review of the Breeze. I enjoyed it the first time I read it, but I'm reading it again on your blog now. I never thought we'd be headed out on the Breeze, but to quote Gambee: "never say never". Our friends have convinced us to go, and I added it to my signature today (booked yesterday). I am really looking forward to cruising again sooner than we expected. Thanks again for the great review!

Edited by swwake

I'm loving this review, Gambee! Your pictures are beautiful (love the fish eye!) and your descriptions are great.

I'm a blogger too and also did a review about our Carnival Breeze sailing last year here:

http://ourbarbiedreamhouse.blogspot.com/2013/07/vacation-post-carnival-breeze-review.html

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished reading this whole review. Totally amazing!! We sailed the Breeze a year ago, and are are going on her again in about a month. Loved it! I have also loved your other reviews! We had booked the Divina for April, so I read through your review of that ship. Then we just switched to the Silhouette, so I am in the process of reading through that one. Not so sure about that ship. We were booked in the Yacht Club on the Divina, but the friends we cruise with wanted to change to the Silhouette. Price was much better, plus they are offering free drink package. BUT....it will be my 40th birthday cruise, and my son's 12th, while we are on the ship. I have appreciated your review, and it has confirmed my concerns that we will be bored. Especially after being on the Breeze!

Just an amazing review, and thank you for taking so much time to respond to comments and putting it together. Can't wait to read another one....this one with your mom. What a great relationship you have. Wishing you much happiness!!

Then we just switched to the Silhouette, so I am in the process of reading through that one. Not so sure about that ship. We were booked in the Yacht Club on the Divina, but the friends we cruise with wanted to change to the Silhouette. Price was much better, plus they are offering free drink package.
Having been lucky enough to have sailed 25 times over the past 28 years, I can unequivocally state that the Silhouette was my favorite. We have recently booked our second S class ship, the Equinox for Thanksgiving 2015. If you like to imbibe, the 11.50 per day is worth it to upgrade your drink package so that you can sample what is offered at the Molecular and Martini bars.

Everything!!!!:D:D

Just love everything about it.

Last year we did Nassau, St. Thomas, Tortola, and Antigua. AWESOME!

This year we do Turks and Caicos, Dominican, Curacao, and Aruba.

3 new islands. Cannot wait.:D

Have you been on the Breeze?

We did the Breeze Grand Turk, Dominican, Curacao, Aruba 8-Day last year. Carnival's best ship - our introduction to the new Theatre with no band, LED backdrop and only 7or8 performers and the Ocean Plaza midship. We had "Bully" drive us around Aruba and did self-guided walking tour in Curacao.

Ken

Thanks Gambee for a wonderful review!! I love all the additional information you are providing and I absolutely LOVE that illustration mode on your Sony! Trying to research if there are any other cameras out there that have this or software that will perform this task. I already own a Nikon and Canon dslr and a couple of smaller cameras so not sure I could convince the hubby I need a new camera..or maybe I could convince him :rolleyes:

We have contemplated going on the Breeze along with a few others so it's great reading all your views on this ship!

Some cameras including PowerShot call it "Poster" Mode.

Photo programs like PhotoElements offer "Posterization" Filters but I briefly checked these out and they are nowhere near as good as the Illustration mode on Gambee's shots - maybe some more experimentation with PhotoShop and PhotoElements! It would be nice to be able to do this to ANY shot, after returning home.

ken

I have re-read your review twice now, via your website. On the Breeze for the first time this Sunday. First solo, too :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to put together such a wonderful review.

Sent from my phone. Typos are inevitable.

Have a great time Sharon :)

You will love it!!!!!

Thanks gambee. I found one with the illustration feature going for just $159 online which I'm getting for my cruise. Your fantastic pictures have definitely sold me onto this camera! It truly turns an ordinary picture into a work of art.

If you use Adobe Photo Elements, the filter at Filter|Sketch|Comic (Sunny Day option) comes very close to the SONY Illustration filter with the advantage that the effect can be done later, offline and with some added fine-tuning controls. This can be applied to any image, after the fact so you have the photo image AND the modified image. Other photo programs probably have similar features

I interpreted from Gambee's comments that with the SONY camera you had to actually shoot with this shooting mode enabled?

ken

ken

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Up until I boarded the Breeze I had to realized how cute these lamps really are. I mean lets face it, this is the first thing that we see when we read a Breeze review. But they really do look really nice, and they help the atrium flow accordingly =)

Day2-550_zps81df9aeb.jpg

Day2-551_zps22063fb6.jpg

It was about 8 of us I think maybe 10, can’t recall correctly. We got sat towards the back with a nice view of the dinning room. I really liked the decor in the MDR, although I have to say that the one in the aft of the ship is nicer than this one. Like I said I will refrain from using names, but here is a story that caught my ear. One of our CC members (which by the way was super nice and so was his wife) was happy to be seated in the corner table. Why you ask? well, he likes having a view of whats going on, so that if something goes wrong he can act fast at take a preemptive measure to the situation at hand. I wont get into details, but that got me thinking. He really did have a point there, we live our lives pretty simply and expect nothing to go wrong. But what if something does? Anyway, lol, lets keep this party moving :p

Day2-552_zpsfc3a51f5.jpg

It is my understanding that these are still the old menus? not sure. ohhhh, this was formal night, and a fellow CC member who dressed fully, noticed people with shorts in the MDR. I was actually in a really nice shirt that I had purchased for the cruise and white pants. But not tie or anything, I thought I was looking fly either way :D and in the end that is all that matters.

Do we ever see a picture of you, have been reading your review... Just curious????

After the sun wore me out I retreated to my favorite part of the ship, my private balcony. Its actually kind of funny, I was talking about this earlier with my mom. She was saying that we should just travel cheap and get only interiors cabins, then I recalled how much I used my balcony on all my prior cruises and I told her we can’t. Now don’t get me wrong, if there is no other way, I will board in a interior. But if I have a few extra bucks, I will always spend them in the balcony before anything else. I really enjoy the privacy that they offer.

Day4-389_zpsa8527c87.jpg

Day4-392_zps87fcdac4.jpg

Day4-393_zpsee81eb81.jpg

Day4-394_zps445db5fa.jpg

Day4-395_zps3ed63c87.jpg

Day4-396_zps25f0e3af.jpg

I was just wondering with double occupancy how did you get a balcony room all by your self and do they have just single rooms on the BReeze? I thought you could only cruise based on double occupancy???