Non alcoholic wine on Riviera

Lighthouse68

I will be flying in from Toronto so will not be able to bring a supply with me. I was hoping it would be available on board

Paula

They do allow wine, alchoholic and otherwise, on Airplanes, dear-

The rule is "no more than 4 ounces of liquids" in the passenger cabin.

Thanks to all for your responses. I am not too keen to carry wine in my checked luggage. With my luck one of the bottles will break and I will have a real mess to deal with. I am flying into Miami the day before the cruise so may get an opportunity to buy some there. I will also get my TA to request that they accommodate me. Looking forward to my January cruise

Paula

Paula, I have carried a few bottles of wine (well protected) without a problem but there are other inexpensive things you can purchase that will get your wine to the ship without breakage.

At Magellans.com, they have "jackets" you can purchase that will protect the bottle itself. Here is one:

https://www.magellans.com/itemdy00.aspx?ID=117,3676&T1=MC5347

There are also "Rum Runners" that you can purchase that will let you put the liquid inside. The drawback to these (although they haven't affected my vodka!) is the material they are made of. (I'd say "of which they are made" but that seems more and more awkward!) They could affect the taste of your wine, I'm not sure.

Mura

Shipping is always the bummer! When I want to send something to a friend in Denmark I always give up.

How is Amazon for you? They have lots of products available. I think I did a search on "wine protectors" or something like that last night.

Mura

We visited Spain and Portugal last year and prior to our trip purchased wine skins, available on Amazon, to bring a few bottles of wine back home with us. No issues or problems whatsoever packing a couple of bottles of wine in our checked in luggage, using the wine skins and then wrapping them in some plastic bags to further ensure no leakage.

https://www.amazon.com/Wine-Skin-WineSkin-Bag-8-Pack/dp/B00GIX531O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474214987&sr=8-1&keywords=wine+skins+for+travel

Hope this helps!

Denise

Edited by nyfeds

You can check the LCBO or wine stores near you I have seen similar things someplace here

Of course bubble wrap & zip lock bags would work as well but transporting wine in checked bags adds weight

so unless you fly business or 1st class you might be paying overweight fees

I would google wine stores near where you will be staying before the cruise & see if they carry what you like

JMO

Paula, I'm not sure what you are looking for, but a huge and convenient place to possibly buy is: Total Wine, 1139 5th St., Miami Beach 33139, on the 3rd level of the Fifth & Alton Center. Huge, as in its website says they have 8,000 kinds of wine. Convenient, as in it is between most of the Miami Beach hotels and the cruise port.

I will be staying at the Marriott in Miami not Miami beach so don't know how convenient that would be. I think I will talk to my TA and see what she can do for me with Oceania. This is more of a "nice to have" than a "must have". I'm sure I can find plenty of non alcoholic beverages on board which will be fine.

Thank you to all for your suggestions

Paula

I will be staying at the Marriott in Miami not Miami beach so don't know how convenient that would be. I think I will talk to my TA and see what she can do for me with Oceania. This is more of a "nice to have" than a "must have". I'm sure I can find plenty of non alcoholic beverages on board which will be fine.

Thank you to all for your suggestions

Paula

There is a wine store on Flagler or 1st st near the port or you can check if Publix have it

Not sure what Marriott you are at but there is a free trolley or metro mover to get around on if too far to walk

http://www.miamigov.com/trolley/mapBrickellBiscayne.html