Shuttle Service to Pearl Harbor

granny6

We are coming to Honolulu in April, 2017, arriving 3 days before our cruise on POA. We had planned on using Robert's Shuttle to Pearl Harbor, but they have discontinued their shuttle to Pearl Harbor. I've looked at Reliable Shuttle and VIP Shuttle, both companies have mixed reviews, nothing as good as Robert's. Anyone have suggestions for these or another shuttle service. We will reserve our tickets when it is time and I would like someone we can depend on to get us there on time.

We plan on being at Pearl Harbor the entire day. We really don't want to pay for a rental car to sit in the parking lot all day. We are renting one the next day for other plans we have. Plus we don't want to pay for our parking over night.

If you are staying Waikiki it is a snap to use http://www.TheBus.org we have taken it numerous times to/from. Just $2.50 each way or &1.00 with a Medicare card. Bus #20 or #42 which will drop you right at entrance.

Take the #8 bus. cost you a couple of bucks

Edit: or the #42

Both The Bus website & Google Maps can display bus options based on time & route.

• 1 month later...
Our ship will be berthed at Pier 11. Is taking a bus a good option to PH and back advisable? If we disembark at 8:30 or 9, when should I book our PH timed ticket in order to be at PH on time?

Thanks for any insights.

I'd suggest a taxi (about $35) if you want an early time to the Arizona Memorial. Then you could take The Bus for $2.50 back to near the ship & a walk along the pedestrian Fort Street Mall from Beretania Street. Or you could take The Bus both ways.

thebus.org

Both The Bus website & Google Maps can display bus options based on time & route.

Hopefully you're having a good time.

In planning a couple of things, need to know generally what time the shows are on the Star.

What dates are your Formal nights (e.g., 3rd night out, 6th night,)?

Any other tips appreciated.

we're thinking of going to pearl harbor via rental car. seems likes it's doable based on reviews? however, do you buy the tickets to Pearl Harbor ahead of time, or can you buy them when you get there in the morning??

That depends on your schedule. If you are trying to jam a lot in one day, and want to visit Pearl on something of a schedule, it is commonly recommended to book your tickets in advance. A quick search here on the board will find lots of instructions, the website, etc.

On the other hand, we have never gone to Pearl with that tight a schedule, so we have always (we have been there several times) just shown up, and gotten the next available Arizona tour, or whatever else we were doing that day.

We have booked tickets to the Arizona Memorial on-line through the Nat'l Park Service site - free tickets but $1.75 service charge. Ticket are available beginning 60 days prior to the date you want to visit. If already sold out, they release some more the day before, and there are some tickets available for next-available tour when you arrive at the Visitors Center.

Thanks so much for the info, if I hadn't read your posts I wouldn't have even thought of going to Pearl Harbour. We are in Honolulu for a day on the Aurora on 22nd March and I managed today to get 6 tickets for the 2.30pm timeslot. Only 11 were available and 66 for 2.45pm. P &O haven't given us arrival and departure times but I found 6 am to 8.30 pm on a ports website so hoping that will be the case.

We will be docked at Pier 2 and I will have to research the closest bus stop.

We will be leaving about 4.30 pm ish to go back to the ship. google tells me the distance from the pier 2 to pearl harbour is 7 miles.

Hopefully you're having a good time.

In planning a couple of things, need to know generally what time the shows are on the Star.

What dates are your Formal nights (e.g., 3rd night out, 6th night,)?

Any other tips appreciated.

Sorry...I missed your questions:

Formal nights: evening 3, 10 & 14

Production shows: Stardust (3-formal); British Invasion (12-casual); Born to Dance (14-formal)

Time changes: 1 hour back (3rd & 5th night); 1 hour forward (9th & 12th night)

Princess Theater performances were at 7:45 & 9:45 except for a couple of nights when it was 7:00 & 9:00. Our 6:00 dining time became 5:30 which actually worked better for us going to the theater. We'd arrive 30-45 minutes early to read a book because arriving 15 minutes early there weren't many seats available. I overheard an upset passenger who for the 3rd time couldn't get a seat but never adjusted to arrive earlier...some people won't adjust to a situation.

Production shows: Stardust (3-formal); British Invasion (12-casual); Born to Dance (14-formal)

Princess Theater performances were at 7:45 & 9:45 except for a couple of nights when it was 7:00 & 9:00. Our 6:00 dining time became 5:30 which actually worked better for us going to the theater.

We are booked for 6:00 dinner for our cruise in March. I have been concerned about seeing the shows but still keeping an early dinner seating. How did "our 6:00 dining time become 5:30"? Did you change to anytime dining? Thanks!

Princess Theater performances were at 7:45 & 9:45 except for a couple of nights when it was 7:00 & 9:00. Our 6:00 dining time became 5:30 which actually worked better for us going to the theater.

We are booked for 6:00 dinner for our cruise in March. I have been concerned about seeing the shows but still keeping an early dinner seating. How did "our 6:00 dining time become 5:30"? Did you change to anytime dining? Thanks!

All 3 of our cruises within the past 15 months were 6:00 on our Cruise Personalizer but 5:30 when we arrived for our early dinner in the traditional dining room (deck 6 aft). The other early traditional dining is at Portifino DR (deck 6 midship) with a CP time of 5:30 becoming 5:15. After this early seating Porofino becomes 7:30 for Anytime dining.

Princess HQ & onboard staff blame each other changing dining times. However as I previously posted, it worked better for us by having most performances beginning 2:15 after our dinner started instead of 1:45. Early performances were packed 15 minutes before starting & we enjoyed arriving 30-45 early to read & to not rush through dinner.

There are only so many dining & show times combinations and don't understand why HQ & onboard staff cannot come up with mutually acceptable times. However we just adjusted to enjoy our cruise but would like to know our true dining time before sailing.

Edited by Astro Flyer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'd suggest a taxi (about $35) if you want an early time to the Arizona Memorial. Then you could take The Bus for $2.50 back to near the ship & a walk along the pedestrian Fort Street Mall from Beretania Street. Or you could take The Bus both ways.

thebus.org

You seem very knowledgeable about transport on Oahu. We will be in Honolulu on a Celebrity B2B and are planning our PH tour for the layover day.In other words, once we are off around 8:30 we are not pressed for time to get back as we are overnighting. My questions are:

Does theBus (#20 or 42?) stop at or near the cruise dock (assuming there are not more than one.) We don't mind a short walk. Assume it does then go out to the PH Visitors Center? Again, time not a problem bc we have already been to the Arizona Memorial and are going to do the Fords Island piece this time. We plan to go from PH back to Waikiki and hang out a bit. Then from Waikiki back to the port, assume theBus will still be running after 5 or 6 PM?

I could not find this kind of info on theBus.org website -- I did try!

Thanking you in advance for your advice and the info.

• 2 weeks later...
We are coming to Honolulu in April, 2017, arriving 3 days before our cruise on POA. We had planned on using Robert's Shuttle to Pearl Harbor, but they have discontinued their shuttle to Pearl Harbor. I've looked at Reliable Shuttle and VIP Shuttle, both companies have mixed reviews, nothing as good as Robert's. Anyone have suggestions for these or another shuttle service. We will reserve our tickets when it is time and I would like someone we can depend on to get us there on time.

We used discoverhawaiitours.com for our Pearl Harbor Tour a few years ago, and they were wonderful!