Wedding

mssaniyah

I am considering getting married on a cruise. Has anyone been married on a cruise before, or attended a wedding on a cruise? I'm undecided between a wedding on a cruise, destination or beach. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many do. Check out the board

Special Interest Cruising- Honeymoon & Wedding Cruises

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Here's a review on one of the smaller Fantasy class ships

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1774666

Edited by SadieN

We have seen weddings on ships before we leave port. Then all the guests leave and newly wed are not surrounded by friends on the cruise. Sometimes people plan to get married on a beach in a port. But you can't count on the weather and there are times when the ship can't stop at that port. And would friends be with you on the cruise so they could come to the wedding.

Weddings we seen before leaving port have a lounge for a reception with the ship providing food, etc. I think ships have a wedding plane to help set a wedding up.

Edited by Bonnie J.

My stepdaughter got married on a Carnival ship sailing out of New York City and it was awesome. She had a wedding planner who helped with all the arrangements on board; a minister came on the ship to perform the ceremony. About 100 people attended the service which was held in one of the smaller lounges and was very tastefully decorated. The 'reception' was held in the ship's disco and included most things done on land - first dance, cutting of the cake, etc. and there was a great buffet. About 50 guests sailed with them. It was a great way for us to meet and get to know their friends and the groom's family since we live in FL and they are in NY. Because of the number of cabins booked by their guests, the couple were given a 'free' cocktail hour for all the guests on the next to the last night of the cruise.

I was really impressed with how the wedding was handled on the ship. Everything was very organized. Because they had the ship's photographer and videographer with them during the cruise, they got a lot more photos/videos than you'd normally get. My SIL made a deal with the photographer and got all the photos for one price.

Marianne

Captains perform marriages at sea on only a few lines. Celebrity is one. It isn't inexpensive and the paperwork is complicated. Technically, the wedding is in the flag country, in X's case Malta.

Based on DD's experience, all the cruise lines require you to use their wedding planner for any shipboard wedding.

Thanks for all the information. It really has helped a great deal. I'm leaning towards Feb 2015-April 2015 but has not picked a definite date. Still doing my research. I live in Louisiana so I'll be using the New Orleans port. Has anyone personally had an experience with this cruise line through Carnival? And might I add this will be my first cruise ever, so all the tips are appreciated.

Thanks for all the information. It really has helped a great deal. I'm leaning towards Feb 2015-April 2015 but has not picked a definite date. Still doing my research. I live in Louisiana so I'll be using the New Orleans port. Has anyone personally had an experience with this cruise line through Carnival? And might I add this will be my first cruise ever, so all the tips are appreciated.

Has your husband-to-be cruised before?

I am considering getting married on a cruise. Has anyone been married on a cruise before, or attended a wedding on a cruise? I'm undecided between a wedding on a cruise, destination or beach. Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

My daughter was married on a Princess cruise 10 years ago. Princess wedding planner on board did all the planning. They did not get married on the ship (Princess captains can perform wedding on the ship), they were married on a beach in St. Thomas and a minister performed the ceremony. Only a few family members attended so no reception on board, but we had a wonderful dinner at the Crown Grill that evening. Princess arranged champagne & cake after ceremony, photos. They did a wonderful job.

I know of three Carnival owned lines which perform the wedding at sea- Cunard, P&O and Princess, and I've watched the lovely couples on the last two lines many times, because they're always on sea days. I believe that Princess webcams show the wedding venues on their ships, and people at home can watch.

We got married on a cruise ship in the port of Miami. We were allowed to invite 40 non cruising people to the wedding. They were allowed to stay and enjoy all the first day activity's buffet and such.

At 3 PM all had to leave. It was great as we waved goodbye and sail off to enjoy our honeymoon in private.

But the catch was we were scheduled to do a western Caribbean cruise. But due to weather we did a eastern.

I'm so glad we did not plan to get married at a island.

If you have your heart set on a island please fly and stay there, Do not risk a cruise on such a important day.